Campfire 'Bwana
Cheers & thank you Bill & everyone.

I will pass it/them on to Doug.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just got a knock on the door, I told em to CUMMINS it a spell.

congrats to Doug!

I didn't draw my sheep tag frown don't know how I didn't, it's only the whole state after 2 tags, sheesh.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y'all trying to us Tzones gots a new truck ur sumbtin ?

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yep!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well Dodge trucks are pretty sweet for sure .

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Time will tell I guess. So fat it's pretty sweet. I've ne'er been a dodge guy so it was a bit tough to make the switch. But I drove several fords and several rams. I tried to consort apples to apples when i drove them and the ram won in almost every catagory. Including warranty, I have a 5yr/100k mi number to bumper warranty.

It's a ram 1500 big horn, quad cab, 4x4, hemi, 8-speed auto. You can hear almost zero outside noise when the windows are rolled up.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If Bill or Dave could post a picture it would be cool. I can't do it from work.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
congrats Tom!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Congrats on your boy playing college ball Paul. That's pretty cool!

So Tzone bought a head hanger huh? grin J/K they are pretty sweet now days!

I seen a Tundra the other day with the very back window rolled half way down. Like an electric back window. Never seen that option before on anything.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh that's old technology.

[Linked Image]

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Damn right whitey.

They called it the "breezeway" window.

I'm crazy bout a Mercury.

grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Some progress on the Shaw classic auto works site.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's going to rain for 2 days now frown

But next step is to trench the water line over from the well to the new build site, then form for concrete, set all the drains and pluming, dig the thickened footing edge, also the footing areas for the 2 post hoist.

Then I am considering something relatively new in slab construction (new to me anyways)

We are going to heat this slab with water tubing inside the concrete, that's nothing new. We are also going to put foam insulation down before we pour the slab, to reduce heat wicking effect from the cold ground below and around the slab, this is also nothing new for heated slabs.

What is new (for me) is the idea of using spray foam for that insulation below the concrete. I learned about this yesterday and I like the idea. There will be no seams or cracks, the insulation will be very tight right up to the drain pipes and around all the edges.

I'm checking into that option vs the original plan of 2" foam board (4'x8' sheets)

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That would have been handy back in the day when you needed to give the adopt a highway folks something to do...

The electric rear window that is...

Dave,
How thick of a slab are you pouring?

Last edited by Rooster7; 06/11/14.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You kids & all of your new technology. That's many of cans of Great Stuff.

I'm off to the Sturgis/Rapid City area next week to visit family & friends. It is kind of a halfway point between here & my family in CO.

Mama bear & the cub have never been to the area before so we'll have to see some of the sights I suppose.

I might toss a rifle or two in the vehicle & whack some PD's. I don't think mama will allow my dirt bike in the suburban or I'd have that with too.

Do not feed the bear!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

So Tzone bought a head hanger huh? grin J/K they are pretty sweet now days!

Yes, I did buy a head hanger. In 2006 I bought a 2004 Chevy. THAT was embarrassing, and I'm going to try everything in my power for it to not happen again. Not one newer than a mid-80's 4x anyway.

I'm not gonna lie, this thing has balls like no other vehicle I've ever had. VERY easy to speed because everything is so smmmmoooth. I'm not supposed to use the cruise until there is 300 miles on it to vary the speed for break in. The speed was varied plenty last night... That's for sure. wink

Last edited by tzone; 06/11/14.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Damn right whitey.

They called it the "breezeway" window.

I'm crazy bout a Mercury.

grin

Pa had a beautiful 65 merc breezeway. Baby blue, 390/auto... A real crossways breezer! Some clown rear ended my step-mom while she took it to get gas. They were going about 60 and she was slowing down at the stop light on hwy 2 in Proctor. It had a lot of breezeways then because there were no windows but the windshield after that.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Now for a quick story.

Joey has been supervising the construction crew at our place.

He's been giving the crew a lot of instructions and also simply filling their heads with things that he thinks construction workers should know about. (These guys are really getting an education.)

Joey loves all the gravel piles, it's great fun for toy trucks and for prospecting of fine high quality stones that a 10 yr old boy likes to collect.

I saw a little bit of what these workers have been putting up with yesterday when I got home.

I was speaking with one of the construction guys. The guy is in his early 30's, big beard, sunglasses, he fits right in on a construction site.

Anyways, we're talking and Joey comes up and hands this guy a rock that he picked out of a gravel pile. I can tell that this guy has been putting up with this all day, he's a good sport, he plays along.

I observe that it's kind of a rose quartz looking stone, hard to tell though as it's pretty dirty. Joey says to the man "know what that is?"

The guy is holding it, looking it over really good, I can tell he's searching for a technical answer... He's trying to recall high school lessons... I can about imagine the word samples rolling through his head... quartz, granite, mica etc... He doesn't want to give the wrong answer because obviously this 10 yr old knows his stuff.

After about a minute of studying it, he hands it back to Joey. In a defeated tone, he mutters "I guess I'm not sure exactly what it is."

Joe, about half the man's height, looks up at the man with a straight face and says: "It's a rock."

LMAO!!

The guy doesn't even crack a smile, he just turns and looks at me and says:

"chit, I guess I should have saw that one coming." then he laughed.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Do not feed the bear!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well... Don't sell yourself short. With a sense do humor like that, Joey is going to fit right in on a construction crew as well.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
ND i think heated slab and spray foam is the way to go.. We are remodeling our house and i watched them spray foam the new addition. I was really impressed.. I cant wait to see the difference this winter.. I know it costs more but i think in the long run its worth it....

Page 1,376 of 1,842 1 2 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
207 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 30 invisible), 2,089 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.