...this - lead, bar solder and previously rendered linotype:
I've used #2 alloy exclusively for a long time now. Used to have a recipe using wheelweights, 50/50 solder and lino but used up all my wheelweights. Still have many pounds of lino left so I just add pure lead to the recipe. 5/1/4 mix of lead to solder to lino.
For a 10 pound batch I use a good scale and weigh out the components to +- .1 of a pound max and melt that all together. Each batch stays pretty consistent that way, but then the ingots from one batch get piled up in different places in the main stack. Then while casting the ingots are grabbed from random places on the stack to further mix the batches so the end result is about as consistent through each casting session as I can get it.
Besides, the anal retentive in me gets a kick out of seeing all of those nice shiny ingots lined up like that.