Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I use Federals mostly, but in cases that take small rifle primers I've been using CCI 450's and 400's.

The only one I absolutely refuse to use is Remington primers. I've had too many misfires and hangfires with remington factory ammo to ever trust their primers.

Have you compared the BR4's to 400 and 450's?

HR IC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shootem
Friggin hoarders and scalpers are at it again. There's more primers, powder and MREs stored underground by the hoarders and rathole warehouses by the scalpers than an army could use in 10 years. And damn if folks don't fall for it and start paying 2 prices for things they had no interest in buying before the Chicken Little choir started to sing. An instance of the participants creating they're own crisis. Reminds me of a forcast for snow in the South. Everybody stocks up on milk and bread, like milk sandwiches are going to make all other problems go away.

And how many components should one have on hand? Seems to me that to enjoy the shooting and hunting I do I need to stock at a certain level in case there are interruptions in the supply chain like in 1994 and 2008. And if anyone is caught short now, it would be in my opinion their fault and not the fault of hoarders or scalpers. We control our own destiny to a point!

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chainsaw
Friggin hoarders and scalpers are at it again. There's more primers, powder and MREs stored underground by the hoarders and rathole warehouses by the scalpers than an army could use in 10 years. And damn if folks don't fall for it and start paying 2 prices for things they had no interest in buying before the Chicken Little choir started to sing. An instance of the participants creating they're own crisis. Reminds me of a forcast for snow in the South. Everybody stocks up on milk and bread, like milk sandwiches are going to make all other problems go away.

And how many components should one have on hand? Seems to me that to enjoy the shooting and hunting I do I need to stock at a certain level in case there are interruptions in the supply chain like in 1994 and 2008. And if anyone is caught short now, it would be in my opinion their fault and not the fault of hoarders or scalpers. We control our own destiny to a point!

If oberry and company have their way its going to be a lot worse than an interruption.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a CCI and Federal kind of guy. Although, I do use Rem 9 1/2 in my 7mm-08 and Wolf LRM primers in my 300 WM b/c I already have loads worked up for them.

Goofy aka graybird on other forums

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by imgoofy
I'm a CCI and Federal kind of guy. Although, I do use Rem 9 1/2 in my 7mm-08 and Wolf LRM primers in my 300 WM b/c I already have loads worked up for them.

I have to tell you I've had some really outstanding results with the Wolfe LRM primers. I used them in a couple of my varmmint rifles 22-250 and a 6MM.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 01/05/13.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You're not making themthar samiches the rite way...pour the milk in a glass and start throwing bread in grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It gives government something to think about!

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 01/14/13.

NRA Lifetime Member
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Chainsaw

I like to keep at LEAST 5k of each size primer on hand, and a minimum of 8lb of each powder I use.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 3,043 guests, and 1,427 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.