Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
any one use them on coyotes? they make some heavy bullets. up to 57 gr.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Don U's bullets are OK, but his lousy service and slooooowwwww delivery were a definite turnoff for me when I ordered 17 and 20 caliber bullets maybe 7 or 8 years ago.

Get a firm delivery date and keep his phone number handy. Mark your calendar and watch for the mail truck to eventually arrive.

If his service and delivery have improved since then, I will offer him (and you) my personal apologies for bringing up an old issue that he has hopefully solved. I had to be very patient, he was "not responsible for all the delays", and they were numerous.

All the BS reduced the value of the bullets to me.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
thats good to know. probbly a 1 man operation and if he makes a good product he should be backed up. i may give him a call.
so did you kill anything with them?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sorry about the long lapse since your question. I was being grandpa for the holidays and it took all of my time and strength!

You are probably right about the "one man operation", but the excuses and delays were not worth the sweat. I have been in business for myself and would not fault him if he had been forthright, honestly telling me he was going to be slow on production. The money order, which included postage, was cashed two or three months before I finally got him to commit to mailing the rest of my purchase.

The Unmussig bullets were OK, but I didn't plan on placing another order ever again, so I wasn't as painstaking with load development. They were never used on anything bigger than a Prairie Dog and they shot "good enough", resulting in DRT performance. They got shot in .17 Rem, .17 Ackley Hornet, .222 Rem (the .22s were sent within 3 or 4 weeks) and .20 Tactical. The Hornady bullets (over the counter, mail order or gun show sources) are competitively priced, routinely available and more 1) accurate and 2) explosive on critters. Hornady got ALL my small caliber business as soon as they started selling .17s and .20s.

I have Calhoons, Bergers, Starkes, Sisks and Barnes bullets that I bought when they were one man operations. Fred Barnes built one of my rifles in 1971. Fledgling companies need support if their product is decent. Sisk died and Starke is out of business (in spite of excellent bullets AND great customer service). The success of the others depended on their work ethic, fair play and sense of entrepreneurship.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
652 members (222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 72 invisible), 2,823 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.