Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Just heard about this. Anybody have any information? There is nothing on the Zeiss web site.

Lee F.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid"

-John Wayne

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
My local dealer got them in a few days ago. Nice looking sight. The 2-12x42 was $799. I didn't price the 3-15x42 and didn't ask about the 50mm model. Nice looking scope but the eye piece seemed larger in diameter than I'd like. The boxes were marked "Assembled in Germany".

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in one well preserved piece, but rather to skid across the line sideways, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil and shouting "GERONIMO" at the top of your lungs!!!!"
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in one well preserved piece, but rather to skid across the line sideways, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil and shouting "GERONIMO" at the top of your lungs!!!!"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No wonder everyone was clearing out all their Conquests

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Retailers can hardly give away a Conquest at $499. Interesting to see what this $799 price will do for the product.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
JG, agreed the price point hurts a bit. Then again, so does a VX-6! I'd give equal consideration to either; I've had very good luck with Conquests.

Anyone know the eye relief spec for the 2-10x42? If it works like a 3-9x40 Conquest (unlikely, but...) in terms of ER and EB and all that gack, well, I'm buying one!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Retailers can hardly give away a Conquest at $499. Interesting to see what this $799 price will do for the product.

Exactly ..give me the VX6

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am curious what a conquest 2-10 scope will do that a conquest 3-9 or 3.5-10 won't. I see no benefit to having 2x on the low end instead of 3 or 3.5. The 3-15x42 could be interesting if it has a side focus and depending on specs and price

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by shortmagfan
I am curious what a conquest 2-10 scope will do that a conquest 3-9 or 3.5-10 won't. I see no benefit to having 2x on the low end instead of 3 or 3.5. The 3-15x42 could be interesting if it has a side focus and depending on specs and price

Marketing, the Conquest lineup is getting stale. To answer your question nothing. I have had/have the 3-9 and 3.5-10 and see no benefit of the 2.5 unless you factor in the HD lenses.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by shortmagfan

Marketing, the Conquest lineup is getting stale. To answer your question nothing. I have had/have the 3-9 and 3.5-10 and see no benefit of the 2.5 unless you factor in the HD lenses.
agree...gotta launch new stuff to get more sales....just like WSM's, SAUM's, etc

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

Right on Oldelk.....any day of the week in my book.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I'm surprised gr8fuldoug from Cameraland hasn't commented on this. If anyone should have the specs on these I'd think it would be him since they are a Zeiss dealer.

Lee F.

-John Wayne

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I will have a complete post with specs, prices and opinion on January 2nd.
Zeiss has informed dealers about these scopes. They have asked the courtesy of a Worldwide January 2nd release date. Although there are some dealers that have not shown Zeiss that respect, we prefer to abide by their request.

These scopes are a nice addition to the Zeiss line of optics and worth the next two days of waiting for detail on them.
For now that is all we will comment out of respect for Zeiss' request

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Hopefully their accurate with their launch date. The intro of the HT stuff was, what......9 months ago and still nobody's seen one yet?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hopefully their accurate with their launch date. The intro of the HT stuff was, what......9 months ago and still nobody's seen one yet?

This I will say...
No worries there. We have already received a complete shipment and are ready to ship once these scopes are announced. They really are on top of things.

For the record, we also have all HT product in stock

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Zeiss will have a booth at DSC and I'm positive they'll have the new Conquest HD5 and HT line on display. I'll be sure to drop by and take a peek.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doug, do they have target turrets and/or side focus?

Dave

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks for the update Doug. I knew we could count on you.

Lee F.

-John Wayne

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm not nearly so dogmatic. I'd compare them and buy what I liked best. I've owned a lot of Leup's and certainly like the company. Ditto for Conquests.

However...... gotta give the edge to Conquest for both mechanical reliability/predictability, and optics. I'll further split the RCH's here by saying I prefer Conquest-style constant eye relief to the Leupold retreating eye relief.

But-- I'd certainly also love a VX6 (I think). From what you and other report they are pretty darn nice.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I'm not nearly so dogmatic. I'd compare them and buy what I liked best. I've owned a lot of Leup's and certainly like the company. Ditto for Conquests.

However...... gotta give the edge to Conquest for both mechanical reliability/predictability, and optics. I'll further split the RCH's here by saying I prefer Conquest-style constant eye relief to the Leupold retreating eye relief.

But-- I'd certainly also love a VX6 (I think). From what you and other report they are pretty darn nice.

The Leupold will have better glass,30mm tube and weighs the same if not less. It is a no brainer especially at the price posted for the Conquest.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 54 invisible), 2,710 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,262
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.