Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Bluedreaux is a LEO and scopes are not approved on their carbines from what I understand, only red dots and magnifiers.

That's sad when your battery goes dead in the middle of a mess you could be SOL. But my 1.5 x don't have a battery to go dead just sayin.

NRA Lifetime Member
ARIC

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Bluedreaux is a LEO and scopes are not approved on their carbines from what I understand, only red dots and magnifiers.

That's sad when your battery goes dead in the middle of a mess you could be SOL. But my 1.5 x don't have a battery to go dead just sayin.

Noted, except batteries last for four years in the new Aimpoints, and I did house runs all day one time with an older, dead aimpoint, using the scope tube itself as a huge ghost ring, and never missed a target. They also make these things called Larue mounts and BUIS's as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Noted, except batteries last for four years in the new Aimpoints, and I did house runs all day one time with an older, dead aimpoint, using the scope tube itself as a huge ghost ring, and never missed a target. They also make these things called Larue mounts and BUIS's as well.

You never missed a target at how many feet in close they are great. But when you're using them with the 3x my guess is you are no longer close. That is where I'm saying they can't come close the the regular scope. For an in close tactical weapon where you're stacking people up to go in a building that isn't lighted extremely well and shooting it 30 ft or less you have a good tool.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 01/01/13.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A 1.5-5 would be great. Getting to patrol on a unicorn would be pretty sweet to, but neither of those are going to happen. And more specifically, neither of them have anything to do with the very simple question I posted to start the thread....

Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Anybody here have experience with this setup?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I do appreciate the input of everyone who offered their useful opinions. When you try to get a "jack of all trades" rig set up, you're going to sacrifice some things. I'm just trying to find that balance between gas mileage and go-fast, as it where.

TAK and Formidilosus, I especially appreciate your hands on experience.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I apologize for speculating but having run several red dots, there has to be a better solution, LE has a little different set of rules than MIL I would hope.

How about a 3x ACOG?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TWR
I apologize for speculating but having run several red dots, there has to be a better solution, LE has a little different set of rules than MIL I would hope.

How about a 3x ACOG?

That is an option but, for a cop, that seems less than ideal, to me. That fixed power might just as often be a liability as much as an asset. The only real downside to an Aimpoint/Magnfier setup I can see is the cost. I forget to mention that I just say that Burris has a flip over mount that looks like a Larue knock-off. I would avoid the Aimpoint twist mount.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've ran ACOG, Aimpoint and EoTech on multiple deployment with a more than decent amount of fighting. I had the EoTech magnifier on LaRue mounts.

Given in Astan I really liked the ACOG. It makes for lighter magnification, but the eye box is very low in comparison to the reflex sights. In comparing to the EoTech, the Aimpoint has a too large of a dot for precision shots at longer ranges, and has a much smaller dot than the big EoTech circle for CQB.

That EoTech is fast rolling for room to room and the 1MOA center dot still allows for precision at much farther ranges than the 2-5 MOA dot of the AimPoint.

As far as battery life, I'm ok with swapping batteries every month or two. I don't have a problem punching a sight on when it's needed either. I'm always fiddling with the settings anyways so it's not an issue.

For me the magnifier was just added weight, so I eventually dropped it for the straight EoTech.

Last edited by Rogue; 01/03/13.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
714 members (204guy, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,770
Posts18,401,519
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.