Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Rene Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
There was some video posted on u-tube and facebook of an elk slaughter in Manitoba of 12 elk in a sensitive area by first nations and metis hunters. With the idle no more movement in full swing it would be a good time to start changing the way we deal with natives.

According to Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development:

"It is estimated that Indian and Northern Affairs Canada, Health Canada and numerous other federal departments and agencies now spend more than $11 billion each year to fund programs directed to Aboriginal people.""
$73,400 per year for everyone of the 1.5 million aboriginal people of Canada. $140,000 per couple or $280,000 for a family of 4 and we, the taxpayer are supposed to pay more to settle land claims? When is it ever going to be enough?

Link to video:

http://ontariotrophybucks.ca/index.php?showtopic=35389

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
11 billion each year??....how much of that is being consumed by the beaurocracy?? That's what I'd like to know. Those program directors are paid pretty generously and they all have budgets for expenses.....how much is used up before it even gets close to the aboriginals?

Can we put that 11 billion in perspective? How much goes out of the country in foreign aid annually? How much has been spent annually on military interventions in foreign countries?

Idle No More, means no more BS...the government of Stephen Harper is misleading all of us in regards to how our government is interacting with Canada's aboriginal people's and its time to quit sucking up the lies.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Canada gave out $5 billion in foriegn aid in 2009. How much of that is spent in Canada creating jobs here?? What exactly are we getting in return for $5 billion??

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Harper,like so many Canadian governments prior to his, has been FAR too lenient with aboriginal criminal terrorists and much too generous with wasting our taxes on them.

I hope to see this stupid gang of parasites who are bothering decent Canadians with blockades, etc, dealt with by military force and all others like them treated as the vermin that they are.

There was a demo. by a "nation" in my hometown the other day and some of the "fns" were as white as the driven snow, others were ancient hippies who looked like they had forgone bathing since "The Summer of Love" and still others were useless, lazy union hacks,looking for any publicity they can get.

Time to use heli-gunships and napalm!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ayup, STOP "foreign aid" while we are at it, especially where people are starving and homeless due to natural disasters.........

Typical union lunchbucket rant!

IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I was hoping idle no more meant they were all gonna get jobs not block trains lol

R
Rene Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
Idle No More, means no more BS...the government of Stephen Harper is misleading all of us in regards to how our government is interacting with Canada's aboriginal people's and its time to quit sucking up the lies.

I agree there are problems both within the first nations communities and with government agencies that are involved with them. Idle no more is just another push for more money in some form or other. A push to continue down the road already traveled. Idle no more may have started out as a movement to protest Bill C-45, but it is now just as much or more about the whole treaty rights thing. There are benefits and drawbacks to the new legislation but I have to admit, something had to be done about all the stonewalling and rediculous paperwork involved to get any economic activity to start. The Navigable Waters Protection Act, The Environmental Assessment Act, The Fisheries Act and the like were tweaked so that it would be easier to get projects going. Right now natives have hold many a corporation hostage based on legislation as it is written now in these acts. Let's face the truth, there is a welfare mentality within first nations communities. As for Metis right. That is a joke beyond comprehension. Why would someone who is 1/16, 1/8 or 1/4 native blood get first right to game and fish in Manitoba. Makes no sense at all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rene

I agree there are problems both within the first nations communities and with government agencies that are involved with them. Idle no more is just another push for more money in some form or other. A push to continue down the road already traveled. Idle no more may have started out as a movement to protest Bill C-45, but it is now just as much or more about the whole treaty rights thing. There are benefits and drawbacks to the new legislation but I have to admit, something had to be done about all the stonewalling and rediculous paperwork involved to get any economic activity to start. The Navigable Waters Protection Act, The Environmental Assessment Act, The Fisheries Act and the like were tweaked so that it would be easier to get projects going. Right now natives have hold many a corporation hostage based on legislation as it is written now in these acts. Let's face the truth, there is a welfare mentality within first nations communities. As for Metis right. That is a joke beyond comprehension. Why would someone who is 1/16, 1/8 or 1/4 native blood get first right to game and fish in Manitoba. Makes no sense at all.

Our Constitution [1982] states that the "aboriginal peoples of Canada are the Inuit, Indian and the Metis"...unfortunately it fails to describe at what point genocide kicks in and your blood quantum becomes a factor in determining if your a 'real' Metis...maybe your view that only pure breeds are aboriginals is the root of your problem? ;-)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Before this bill it was a requirement that a 'majority'[50% plus 1] of band members had to vote on allowing band land to be leased out for economic activity...and a'simple majority' had to approve before it would pass. This required at least half of the band to participate in the vote, or it would fail.

With this change it makes it easier for crooked band leaders to circumvent band democracy. You want the band office antics ccleaned up but you support setting up more funny business??? A curious stance for sure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Navigable Waters Protection Act, The Environmental Assessment Act, The Fisheries Act and the like were tweaked so that it would be easier to get projects going.
[/quote]

Tweaked?, that would be funny if it wasn't our environment at stake.

Last edited by n007; 01/03/13.
IC B3

R
Rene Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I would like to see all subsidy to natives to end. Become Canadian. Keep your traditions but contribute to society by paying your fair share for all that you enjoy. That will solve the problem of crooked band leaders really quick. Solve the problem of inefficient government agencies. Solve the problem of people living in economically stupid locations like on a flood plain but not moving since the white man is going to bail you out. End the welfare mentality. Curb the high rate of native violence across the land once this welfare mentality has waned.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would like to see all subsidy to natives to end. Become Canadian. Keep your traditions but contribute to society by paying your fair share for all that you enjoy. That will solve the problem of crooked band leaders really quick. Solve the problem of inefficient government agencies. Solve the problem of people living in economically stupid locations like on a flood plain but not moving since the white man is going to bail you out. End the welfare mentality. Curb the high rate of native violence across the land once this welfare mentality has waned.

Are you from Quebec? whistle Just wondering because you seem to have a fixation with welfare mentality?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kutenay
Ayup, STOP "foreign aid" while we are at it, especially where people are starving and homeless due to natural disasters.........

Typical union lunchbucket rant!

I have no problem with foreign aid...if it's my choice to send some cash. The problem is Harper taxing the crap out of me and then sending money to the Palestinian authority...come on. mad

And since when have the muzzies in afghanistan been starving??

Reeedickulous.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have no problem with foreign aid...if it's my choice to send some cash. The problem is Harper taxing the crap out of me and then sending money to the Palestinian authority...come on. mad

Most of us feel the same way about the aboriginal situation in Canada..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Our Constitution [1982] states that the "aboriginal peoples of Canada are the Inuit, Indian and the Metis"...unfortunately it fails to describe at what point genocide kicks in and your blood quantum becomes a factor in determining if your a 'real' Metis...maybe your view that only pure breeds are aboriginals is the root of your problem? ;-)

Well perhaps the real problem is that the Constitution needs to be updated to reflect the country we live in today. Anybody who was born in Canada, and who's parents and grandparents for generations were born in Canada, are "native" Canadian's. Enough disparity, time to unite all true Canadians in equality.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
1.Cut of all assistance immediately. 2.when they bitch/riot send in the Canadian forces.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Most of us feel the same way about the aboriginal situation in Canada..

Most of us? Who is 'us'? When was the vote taken, I must have missed it?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BWalker
1.Cut of all assistance immediately. 2.when they bitch/riot send in the Canadian forces.

Why send forces into Palestine? When the assistance is cut off just let them fend for themselves!! ;-).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
)

[/quote]

Well perhaps the real problem is that the Constitution needs to be updated to reflect the country we live in today. Anybody who was born in Canada, and who's parents and grandparents for generations were born in Canada, are "native" Canadian's. Enough disparity, time to unite all true Canadians in equality. [/quote]

Now that would be a historical change....it's too bad not a single political party has any interest in trying. While they are doing that they should change the CPP so incarcerated child killers cannot collect any Canada pensions too. :-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,098
Posts18,464,148
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.