Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JimmySee
Originally Posted by rifle
I have found over the years,the rich folk can afford to buy cheap..
The current crop of hunters around here are "baby bankers",
who only hunt deer once or twice a year,buy this and other pieces of junk to cover their needs,it leaves them gas money for the BMW and beer that you can't spell....
They always like to brag about how "cheap" they bought something....

Hmmm, that seems to be directed at me. While I can�t speak for others, you pinned me wrong.

I am an engineer, my annual boot budget is well above my yearly rifle budget, my hunting rig is a 1st gen 4runner or 70�s F-series, and I generally stick with Rainier beer or Ardbeg 10 scotch.

Yes, I do feel that my savage 110 suits my needs just fine. It kills animals when I pull the trigger. With that said I am planning on putting some new glass on the Savage and my pre 64 M70 Winchester project gun will be going under the knife this year.

This is America, people are free to do what they like, so vote with your dollar. If you don�t want one, don�t buy one.
This was a general statement,order of the scroll,however read my post,you are not in my area,nor a "baby banker"..correct?

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
It doesn't look like the greatest rifle produced, but Remington did bed the action and free float the barrel at the factory, something they don't do on their 770s or Budget line 700's. The new trigger looks intesting, another Accutrigger copy...

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Maybe the manufacturers will realize that shooters like rifles that are pillar bedded, free-floated, have good triggers, are accurate out of the box, and start incorporating these features in their front line models, instead of just their $300 budget specials.

The successful sales of all these Marlin XL, Ruger American, Remington 783, etc. might actually be a good thing down the road.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by rifle
This was a general statement,order of the scroll,however read my post,you are not in my area,nor a "baby banker"..correct?

Ah, I see where the confusion came from. I took �The current crop of hunters around here� to mean new 24hourcampfire members, not hunters in NC.

Now that you ask me point blank if I am a baby banker, I have to be honest that I don�t know what that term means, sounds like a derogatory term for whiny rich people, which is what I assumed. My internet fu seems weak today, because all I am turning up is a few hits on a youtube animation and news articles on AIG�s CEO. I am most definitely not a whiny rich person, but if it means something else�

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.