Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
new accurate mold yesterday. It's a 30 cal 140gr for my 30-30's. I stayed up late last night looking at it through my 10X jewelers loupe. I'm amazed at the quality and how clean the cavities are. It is truly a work of art in aluminum. I'm almost hesitant to use it to cast and get it dirty.....I said almost.
Gotta get the pot going....wish me luck,
Rick

BP-B2

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have heard good things about those molds but I don't have one -- yet.

If you have a camera that can do good close-ups, how about posting a few pictures?

In any case, please post regarding how it casts.

John

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
John,
I'm so technology challenged I don't have a clue how to post a pic. Maybe I can get my son to help. I will be sure to post on how it casts. The service from Tom was great in that he recieved my payment on Christmas Eve and the mold was delivered yesterday, even with the holidays in between. I've looked at many pieces of jewelry in the past and this mold is as pretty as any piece I've viewed. I guess beuty IS in the eye of the beholder. (My wife may not find it so beutiful) I would definately put one on my "to get" list.
Rick

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn it Rick, you are going to cost me some money posting statements like that! Quality AND service that fast during the holiday season! smile

If you have some pictures you can send them to me and I'll post them. I will send you my email address in a personal message.

John

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here are the pictures. I zoomed in on one of them to try to show even more detail of the obviously good machining.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Well Rick, I certainly cannot understand why your wife was not fascinated by these obvious jewels from the machine shop! grin

John

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
John,
Thanks for your help with the pics. I mentioned to my wife how pretty it was while taking the pics and she agreed. I told her I was thinking about having Tom cut me a small single cavity and using half as a neclace! She joked and said that jewelry just wasn;t my style, and reminded me that I don't even wear a wedding band. LOL
Thanks for the help, and now off to cast some with it,
Rick

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No problem.

I'm glad to help, but admit to having mixed feelings at doing so...

On the one hand, I do like to help good companies and there is nothing like the internet to help do this.

On the other hand, this good publicity could result in so much extra business that when I get around to ordering a mold, the guy will be backordered for years!

I know -- I should have bought an Ingram knife before he got so well known... wink

John

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Very nice!

need GC's?

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Gonna use the ones you shipped me just before Christmas Blammer. I'm sure it won't be long before I need to re-stock though.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
blammer:
Can you PM me some prices including delivery to Canada please along with your mailing address. Thinking in terms of 5000, 35 cal. and 5000, 30 cal. The order I got from you a few years back is starting to get thin and of course I've lost your contact info.

Thanks
Dennis

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Couple questions-

Blammer, are you making and selling gas checks? If so, which sizes, materials and pricing? Thanks.

I notice the pronounced curved grooves on the mating surface of that Accurate mold. Are those for venting the cavity during the pour? I notice that my Lee molds have similar, but less pronounced grooves.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I am not making them. They are Gator brand GC's.

made out of Copper

trying to get a link in the mean time PM me what cal you are interested in.

I really love Accurate moulds they are very beautiful and functional too. smile

Last edited by blammer; 01/06/13.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
493 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 45 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,171
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.