Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I know why they call it windage "dope"..... cause that's how it makes you look.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
how veddy true!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Breezes routinely make me look like a Dope.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As well angles can get sporty...grin

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I shot out my first 7 RM barrel via a lot of shooting at chucks/rocks and a few head of big game. Best summer was 457 chucks and oh boy did I learn a lot that summer about wind and angle. The angle game me more fits than the wind. Maybe cause a lot of the chucks were sidewise giving me a better end to end target.

Burned a lot of R22 that summer...<g>

Dober

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's not add any other factors in, I'm already challenged enough... grin

Mark, do you just mean angles such as up and downhill?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yepper up and down

Dober

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=Dogshooter]You're welcome to come out and do a little actual shooting Shod, straighten me out a little .... I'd certainly value your experience.....

Here's the chart.... actually shot

I didn't see anywhere on your chart that takes into account true click value vs advertised.. Equating what you think BC to be
useing inaccurate numbers doesn't work. Set up a big target at 500 yds with. 3 feet worth of numbers them mount your rifle solid do it cant move then run your clicks 8 moa and see how many inches you are past 36inches. When your done doing that add the remaining number into your equation and you'll get an accurate figure. To give you a hint......at 500 you'll be closer to 37 inches instead of 32 Thats where your back is coming from.

Shod

Last edited by Shod; 01/04/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like a test for guys with too much time on their hands.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Hint.... I actually shot it there ponyboy.... and could it be.... that those who see an opposite trend.... see it for the same reason? Or, see it because they have a vested interest in the success of a competing product?

I don't see where you've provided anything but wives tales to regale me.... though that's all you've got to stand on.... might want to make a call to Leg Warehouse....

The scope is trustworthy, and proven to be quite accurate. The click values are rounded to the nearest half, as that's the value in the scope. This ain't the only chart that's quite similar either there cork soaker.... though in your haste to spewforth a lame explaination... I'm sure you missed Jordan's dope. I know you wish your .280AI was capable of such performance.... via 24" tube.... but take heart.... you'll always be "Shod.... Stallion of the Shetlands".....

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm the only one that had to run 162's below listed BC here?

Damn..got me wondering now.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Hint.... I actually shot it there ponyboy.... and could it be.... that those who see an opposite trend.... see it for the same reason? Or, see it because they have a vested interest in the success of a competing product?

I don't see where you've provided anything but wives tales to regale me.... though that's all you've got to stand on.... might want to make a call to Leg Warehouse....

The scope is trustworthy, and proven to be quite accurate. The click values are rounded to the nearest half, as that's the value in the scope. This ain't the only chart that's quite similar either there cork soaker.... though in your haste to spewforth a lame explaination... I'm sure you missed Jordan's dope. I know you wish your .280AI was capable of such performance.... via 24" tube.... but take heart.... you'll always be "Shod.... Stallion of the Shetlands"....

Taint nothing funnier than when your twaut starts twitching. I'll bet your standing there locked legged bending over your reloading table just hoping
for a good stallion mercy [bleep]. Sorry suzie I'm not interested.

Shod

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Originally Posted by Shod
Ahhhh it's good to be king....

[Linked Image]

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tanner
Let's not add any other factors in, I'm already challenged enough... grin

Mark, do you just mean angles such as up and downhill?

and Cant....

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by bobnob17
Originally Posted by archie_james_c

Now like Tanner said...if Big Red ever makes a box labelled ".277 cal Amax"....then the convo will change laugh

There are so many 270 rifles out there.... like soooo many, you'd think that bringing in a 277 cal Amax would be a given. A great chance of being a sales success.

I suspect its just a matter of them not being able to get one heavy enough to be worth it to stabilise in a 1-10 barrel. I can't believe they haven't examined the proposition.

???????????

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by bobnob17
Originally Posted by archie_james_c

Now like Tanner said...if Big Red ever makes a box labelled ".277 cal Amax"....then the convo will change laugh

There are so many 270 rifles out there.... like soooo many, you'd think that bringing in a 277 cal Amax would be a given. A great chance of being a sales success.

I suspect its just a matter of them not being able to get one heavy enough to be worth it to stabilise in a 1-10 barrel. I can't believe they haven't examined the proposition.

???????????

I have wondered that too, a 150 or maybe even a 155.

You will not make peace with the Blue Coats, you are free to go
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I happen to be the proud owner of four .277 bores and love them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

The .270 clearly kills quite well.....

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unless your planning on shooting over 450 to 500 yards.
Its all gack.
I find the 110g screw machine bullets like the 110g GS-HV at 3300 fps to work very well.
[Linked Image]
The 110g gives more DRTs over 130g bullets or at least it has for me.
[Linked Image]
Cup and core stuff at close range will make a mess.
just how far are you guys planning on shooting?

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Tag for future reference.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

453 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 1,917 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,216
Posts18,447,389
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.