Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
How about the truth on this question?

Have you personally seen a Bergara barrel blow up?

There's no such thing. They are just rebadged CVA barrels.

Nothing worse then a dumb azz that slanders a product that he never used or probably has never seen. Someone with a thimble full of knowledge and that is definitely you should not be allowed to post here.

BP-B2

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I'm fairly certain that Swampman gets some sort of perverse gratification from responses to his garbage. I do not understand why it is that he is not banned EVERYWHERE.

WHUT?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As mentioned I've owned several spainish made muzzleloaders. They were very poorly made of soft gritty metal.....scary really....

http://cvaguncases.com/Photographs_Page.html

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
winchester quality steel these days buddy.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
As mentioned I've owned several spainish made muzzleloaders. They were very poorly made of soft gritty metal.....scary really....

http://cvaguncases.com/Photographs_Page.html

My point exactly...poorly made of soft gritty metal...416 heat treated SS the same stuff used in your beloved Remington rifles is used. LOL at an idiot that day in day out slanders CVA while the company he loves has settled lawsuits one after another with their trigger issues which took 40 years to re-design to prevent the failures.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's almost like powdered metal compressed into parts. I guess that's why it wears out so fast.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
the company he loves has settled lawsuits one after another with their trigger issues which took 40 years to re-design to prevent the failures.

Completely untrue.....on both counts. They've never payed out a dime and the new trigger had nothing to do with the bogus lawsuits. Remington can't control poor gun safety. The guns worked as designed. They didn't blow up and injure people.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
the company he loves has settled lawsuits one after another with their trigger issues which took 40 years to re-design to prevent the failures.

Completely untrue.....on both counts. They've never payed out a dime and the new trigger had nothing to do with the bogus lawsuits. Remington can't control poor gun safety. The guns worked as designed. They didn't blow up and injure people.

It's funny those same things apply to CVA lawsuits, but you can't see it. Double standard?

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
wear out so fast? LOL ive got over 3000 shots in my optima now. 3000 shots with the average shooter would take 2 life times.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm wondering if all the metal parts are MIM?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

It's funny those same things apply to CVA lawsuits, but you can't see it. Double standard?

Did you look at the pictures of all the injuries? http://cvaguncases.com/Photographs_Page.html Clearly not.......CVA paid out a bundle.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
does wakeman pay you to spam his work? That website is what his ambulance chasing buddy made up to generate income for himself and wakeman.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Who is this Wakeman you keep talking about?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
you fondle this guy and dont even know his name? Gosh, like a government official visiting a columbian whore house.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Changing the subject doesn't change the fact.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Randy Wakeman. Your boss.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm wondering if all the metal parts are MIM?

Ask remington the sear,cocking piece and bolt shroud are all MIM...don't that make you feel downright secure?. grin You don't want to discuss metallurgy with me I will run circles around you.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Randy Wakeman. Your boss. lover

fixed it for you

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Prove otherwise..all their stuff was settled out of court and you damn know it . Liar

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
CVA doesn�t own anything , they are and have always been an importer/ retailer .
They don�t and never have made their own guns .
Well let me take that back and say that statement concerns CVA as most people to include IMO swampman know Connecticut Valley Arms as .
The fact is that there have been many companies that went by Connecticut Valley Arms dating back to the mid 19th century . Those companies were not importers . That being said by the mid to late 19th century a very large % of the guns made by gunsmiths back then , did not carry hand forged barrels . Barrels were being imported in blanks from places like France, Spain and England ..
In fact even as late as the 1940s , Remington was recalling low 6 number lots of their O3A3 for barrel failures not trigger issues

But lets take a look at swampmans link to wakemans lawsuit page .
At first glance a person is kinda taken back . But take a second and read the names . Now maybe my count is off but I see 10 different names filing multiple lawsuits .
Now surly if we consider the shear numbers of Jukar and Adesa guns sold , if there was a real great issue , that page would be a whole web site with hundreds of pages .
So why isn�t it ?
Now take a another couple seconds and do a Google for lawsuits against Connecticut Valley Arms . What you see is this same group of lawsuits talked about over and over again .
Now replace that search with lawsuits against Remington arms.
Kinda funny how no one really is complaining that Remington has paid millions to keep it records sealed .
But lets be fair here . I would seriously doubt that there is any gun manufacture that doesn�t have lawsuits against them . So if we are to make snap judgments and statements against one company , should we not hold all the companies to the same standards ?
I say yes

as to CVA barrels being soft ????
not sure i would agree with that .
i have engraved many of them through the years and cutting a CVA barrel is very much like cutting a Remington or colt barrel . both are very hard and your gravers have to be kept sharp.
What ever steel they use , it isn�t to mill or engraver friendly

myself i would rather cut on a Colerian , Getz or Rice barrel.
Don Getz also makes no qualms about his choice of barrel steel . Which by the way is said by some to be un suitable for even muzzle loading barrels.
Yet I know of no lawsuits against Don .
Yet at the same time the reason Douglas barrels closed up was because of lawsuits . Yet even today many folks near cream their pants with desire when a Douglas barrel comes up on flee bay .
HOWEVER , no mater how you cut it , the consumer makes the final decision. The simple fact is that CVA has been around this long because they have sales . If the consumer finds the product to be lacking then the company doesn�t have sales and they go under .
If the product is good enough , then someone will buy out the rights and continue production . If its not then the gun will not come back on the market for manufacture .
So despite all the hype against CVA , apparently enough consumers are happy with what they buy that the company has continued , despite all its ups and downs.

BillG
Im glad CVA is working with you on your barrel .
In my experience , there are many things that can cause what you are experiencing .
The human sense of feel can find changes to a very high degree . So It could simply be that if your gun is used , the former owner may have left it loaded . Thus the powder charge may have corroded the surface just enough you feel it.
I have an old Sharon barrel out in the shop that when I push a patch down the bore , it feels loose at around 3 inches from the breech . I know what caused it as the barrel had an old load in it that I pushed out .
the more looks fine . but when i run a gaged down it , the breech area is .003 greater then the main bore . that bothered me . so i cut it off and have never re tapped the barrel for a breech

Another reason could be tolerances .
Take TC . They allow .010 variance in the bore . that�s why sometimes brand X projectile works better then brand Z . the bores are just not all the same size .

Have you ever read of a match grade barrel . Well what do you think makes them different then a standard barrel .
So the case may be . I say maybe because I have not seen your barrel first hand .
But the case maybe that your barrel is just enough out in that area , that it was still within tolerances but close enough to being out of tolerances that you feel it .
So most likely CVA will just drop in a new barrel and send it back to you . But its really hard to say because if the above is the case , they may just tell you that the barrel meets specs

Last edited by captchee; 01/06/13.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
724 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,757
Posts18,401,358
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.