Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MHWASH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I've never had a spray in bedliner, always just get a rubber mat and call it good. My beds have always gotten a little beat up and mabey just a bit of surface rust, but I've yet to ruin one. The roughest use that my PUs usually get is hauling fire wood, 4-5 cord a year. In the summer and fall I haul around atvs and dirtbikes. I have a small trailer that I put gravel in if I need to haul rock.

I'm having a hard time swallowing the $500 price tag.

GB2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had a spray-in bedliner in about every other truck for the last twenty years or so. When I haven't had one, I often wished that I had gone ahead and had it done. When I had one, I never wished that I hadn't done it. I just bought a new Tundra and this one will have a spray-in bed liner. I wish the Tundras had the built-in bed liner like the Tacomas use. I have a 7 year-old Tacoma and the bed still looks like new...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Then don't do it. Last truck I had the bed looked nearly sandblasted by hauling gravel. I wonder if the loner would have paid for itself at trade in time. I suppose I could have sprayed it before I traded, but I didn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had them in my pickups the last 20 or so years,the big plastic slide in,easy wash...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've had slide-ins. They work fine except for 1 thing - they're too dang slick. On every stop or corner, the cargo goes sliding. I had to line it with plywood when hauling my llamas because they couldn't stand up. I was afraid of them getting hurt from falling into the stock rack.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well,that's a little different use than what I've had for my truck

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have had one for 9 years. I won't have one without it if I can afford it at the time. With as much use as my pick-up has had the bed would be all scratched up if it wasn't for the spray-in liner. It is not slick like a slide in and water and debris can't get under it like a slide in.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've had slide-ins. They work fine except for 1 thing - they're too dang slick. On every stop or corner, the cargo goes sliding. I had to line it with plywood when hauling my llamas because they couldn't stand up. I was afraid of them getting hurt from falling into the stock rack.

+! On this comment. The plastic ones are slicker than snot and if you get a drip of oil on them, figure that you will bust your arse, also the ones that are corrugated, are a pain to sweep out.
Bottom line is they are tough and will save your bed and walls. That is about the only thing I have good to save about them.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have the spray in, don't have to worry what I haul in it. Wash it out when I'm done. My 2 cents. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Given the price of a decent Pick-up these days, I think some sort of liner would be a good investment.

Heck, if it were me, and I carried a lot of crap,I'd probably end up adding additional protection over the liner..

Our Agricultural Supply stores sell a product termed "cow matting"..

It is comes as semi rigid 8'x4' sheets of recycled black plastic either 1/2" or 1" thick. It has a slightly textured non slip finish and is of course waterproof....

Last time I saw it for sale it was about $50 a sheet and it is idea for this sort of thing, being nearly indestructible in normal use..

I have used it for lining the floor of dog runs, and currently have some as a liner in the back of my Jimny..

Last edited by Pete E; 01/04/13.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i stuck a peice of 3/8" plywood into the bed of my f150 in june 94. when i sold it a few months ago the bed looked like new underneath except it had lost its clearcoat. rest of the truck was rotted to death but the inside of the bed looked great. unless your hauling chunks of busted concrete or scrap metal or a lot of gravel or something like that, the sides don't take much of a beating. my used dodge i bought came with one of them slide-in jobs but if it hadn't i'd just done the plywood route.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Of you don't mind a couple of hours work, you can do the roll on for $89 and never look back. Herculiner kit is $89 at Auto Zone. Its all about the prep work. I did my own and it looks every bit as good as the $450 spray in liner I had in my last truck. If you sand the top coat and wipe every inch with tolulene or acetone before rolling it on, it will stick like glue and never come off. Armor All UV protectant every few months sprayed on will keep it looking good and only makes it slick for a day or two.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I will always have one of some type in my trucks.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'll be odd man out here and say that I don't see the point of them. The bed is the business end of a pickup and I don't care if it gets scratched and dirty.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
If you are worried about your bed, go the spray in liner route.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
I'll be odd man out here and say that I don't see the point of them. The bed is the business end of a pickup and I don't care if it gets scratched and dirty.

Same here.Plywood on the floor is it.But I pack tidy tanks so the spray and plastic is out.Something to do with static going boom.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd been planning on getting a bedliner in my truck, but I've had it 6 years now and have yet to add a liner. I had a slide in liner in my previous truck and agree it's slicker=n=snot. Also the slide in liners rub against the bed and will cause bare metal spots that you don't see.

A buddy recommended that I wait a few years to have the liner sprayed in as you want the paint well and goodly scratched to get good adhesion. I think I'm there on the scratches and dents, maybe this summer I'll finally do something about it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have always put them in my trucks as well....I think they are good investment. I usually put a heavy duty rubber matt down as well.

Rob
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Line-X is the only way to go.

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by garyh9900
Line-X is the only way to go.

Went from drop-ins in two trucks to Line-X in my current. Will never go without Line-X again. Great stuff, and looks great too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
480 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 45 invisible), 2,188 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.