Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 115 of 144 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 143 144
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Horse hide is tough stuff. I like this type of sheath because you can tighten your belt as the knife gets looser.

GB1

R
R
Steelhead, I guess their are three of us. Ricky, Rocky and myself! I'm pretty much just the Prostaff (field tester) of knives.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
sportin' an A2 Semi skinner

[Linked Image]

somewhere in northeastern New Mexico!

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Probably sportin' more than a semi-skinner when them big bulls walked by too...

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It was epic trip. I very much enjoyed gee. Gee is welcome and invited to hunt with all three R's anytime. Never enough time but he got a taste of the plains we were raised. I figure he will be back if nothing else to whistle dogs. First I have hunted with Drum it was no different than one of my brothers. I'm sure it's a yearly or every other.

Last edited by rickmenefee; 08/25/15.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
It was epic trip. I very much enjoyed gee. Gee is welcome and invited to hunt with all three R's anytime. Never enough time but he got a taste of the plains we were raised. I figure he will be back if nothing else to whistle dogs. First I have hunted with Drum it was no different than one of my brothers. I'm sure it's a yearly or every other.

Does a soul good to get away like that every so often.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Does a soul good to get away like that every so often.

[Linked Image]

10/4 on that!!

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Gee I wish I had been around to meet you. Next time I will be sure to be here.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Mike,

I met Dale Atkerson on the way to Rick's coming up and picked up a sweet knife from him. Rick kept me up till almost 2:00 AM Friday morning. Then about 5 AM his Corgy decided I needed a wake up licking. From Rick's we went to Rocky's and met Kerry Patzkowski and uncle Steve and spent several hours there. That was a kick. That afternoon we drove over to Rusty's..........
We stopped by the liquor store to take on needed supplies and heard what an SOB the local game warden was.
Wouldn't ya' know, that SOB turned out to be Ricks' bro' Rusty.

Must be some kind of Oklahoma salute. LOL

[Linked Image]

Rusty told me he was Rick's "big" brother? Guess that shows.

They decided to give me the nickel tour before dark.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We ended up staying up most all nite talking knives, guns, hunting and critters

next day Rusty even took me out and showed me "The Airplane".........

[Linked Image]

then spotted some goats........

[Linked Image]

I had planned to come back through starting at Rusty's, then to Rocky's then Ricks but my wife called and said my daughter was having problems with her pregnancy (in-vitro twin boys) and she might have to have an emergency C-section at 31 weeks, and would I head home, so I loaded up early Saturday morning and drove the 15 hours back to Pearland.

I'll definitely be back, that's for sure. Hopefully I can make your acquaintence then.

JAPPFT,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/26/15.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Great stuff, thanks for the trip.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B3

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Good stuff Gee'.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Well did anyone shoot anything???? looks like some pretty country.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
how's the girl, gee?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Very cool Gee!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
I love that part of the state. I've hunted pronghorn around Capulin and south of there many times. There are a lot of ancient cinder cones in that area. We climbed and you could see em' dotting the landscape all over the place.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Glad you had a good trip Gee. Hoping all is well with your daughter and grand babies.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Sounds like you met 50% of the panhandle GW. I ran with the older outlaws out that way many moons ago. I agree you, uncle Steve's a trip. Back in the early 80's Steve was one of the outlaws that taught the Menefee brothers to harvest the prarie and it hasn't been the same since. Lots of fond memories of the good times we had in that wide open country. Hope you got to meet Henry while you were out there. That entire region is a great part of this USA!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thanks for the kind words and good wishes gents. My wife and daughter are aware of my involvement on 24 hour campfire and I will tell both of your best wishes.

Evidently Rachel (my daughter who should have been named junior) went into the hospital a week ago last Monday. They both understand that being afield is literally called out of me and so did not contact me until late Tuesday. Due to limited cell service it was Wednesday before I was able to contact them. My wife relayed that at that time there was no need to hurry back.

Rachel's husband was 12 lbs when he was born. He is about 6'5" and close to 300 lbs. The Brown's are usually vertically challenged lightweights. The twins were conceived through in-vitro fertilization and it appears one will be a Dobson and one will be a Brown. Naturally the Dobson is on top sitting on his smaller brother, who though smaller by 1.5 lbs at 32 weeks is a feisty little booger. They have the twins stabilized, but my daughters blood pressure is up and down and her platelet count is down. Most likely she will remain in the hospital till they take the babies.
Her doctor specializes in high risk pregnancies. My wife is an LVN and is a contractor at the hospital where Rachel is. So for now all is under control and in the doctor's and the Lord's hands.

As to whether any thing was shot. Many more pix were shot than game. We hunted from first light till noon. Back in for lunch, then back out around 3PM until dark. The hunt was scheduled for five days. Rick hunted from Sunday through Thursday. Drummund, his guide and I hunted a sixth day, both morning and evening Friday and would have done a Saturday morning hunt but it was time to go.

We did take a few minutes on Friday afternoon to perforate a few prairie dogs...............

We don't have PD's down here and it was a kick.

Thanks again to Rick and Drummond Lindsey for memories that will last a lifetime.

Best,

GWB

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The short grass prairie wasn't short. 5 inch rain the week before had everything up higher. The region had almost 30 inches of rain so everything made. Tough hunting but game was obundant. We whistled lots of coyotes looking for bear. It's a magical place.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by geedubya
sportin' an A2 Semi skinner

[Linked Image]

Goodness.

If that is what the Menefee clan calls a semi, I'd hate to see their full skinner!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 115 of 144 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 143 144

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 28 invisible), 2,040 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,717
Posts18,457,100
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.