24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
If any of you boys have never done a river cruise thru Europe---you are missing a lot.
There are a good number of cruises by different companies, with a lot of routes. I used Viking River cruises &it was a fun venture.
Blessings

TEXAS, by GOD
BP-B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
We were talking about doing one and were looking at Viking. Which river cruise did you take and what time of the year did you go?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I went on a day long Rhine River cruise. Probably not what yu are talking about, but is was beautiful

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
We went from Budapest---beautiful city--to Amsterdam. 15 days and two night in Amsterdam-----don't even ask, it is a secret.
Good Time--Good food--lots of stops and plenty of free time if you choose.
All stops re within walking (short) distance back to the boat, if you wanted to opt out of a tour and just do a town on your own. Another beautiful castle another bloody catherderal.
First class, all the way.
you got to try the smoked beer.
Blessings

Last edited by williamlayton; 01/03/13. Reason: to add

TEXAS, by GOD
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
BTW
It was July and HOT in Budapest---but as we went up river it got cool quickly and some places required a jacket to be comfortable.
Blessings

TEXAS, by GOD
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blairvt
I went on a day long Rhine River cruise. Probably not what yu are talking about, but is was beautiful

Same here and it was awesome. The castles on the hillsides, the one in the river, vineyards, quaint towns, leftovers from WW 11 ... all of it was spectacular.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Went to Wurzburg American High School in the 60's...closed now. Spent a lot of time down near the river and otherwise, and all over Germany. Had our Junior Prom up in the Wurzburg Castle. Those were the days....legal drinking age...16. American Graffiti had nothing on us.

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never was on the Rhine, but I have been to Kloster Weltenburg in Bavaria.
Wicked good food and some of the best beers I've had followed by a relaxing boat ride on the Donau.
Kloster Weltenburg

Last edited by bucktales; 01/07/13.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I think the travel is the destination. The good about the cruise is you unpack one time. We has a small room but only slept there---it was neat and clean we had a window.
Being an early riser--I sat on the deck with the field glass's and cigs til we got to a port.
The tours were all guided, in english with great tour busses.
I paricularly enjoyed walking the streets after the tours were over.
Got some good cigars & good beer & wine.
I want to do it again.
Blessings

TEXAS, by GOD
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
We are headed over in August for Istanbul to Amsterdam on the Danube. This will be our first river cruise (other than the Amazon which was a 450 passenger ship). What type of gear do you take - generally casual - jeans or?? rain coats, hiking short and boots?

We have cruised the large ships in various locations so I would be interested in hearing the differences.

Thanks in advance

Hugh
IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Sorry for the late reply---it can get cool in th mountains---casual is good---can get rain & cool---lots of folks were dressy casual----I wore jeans a lot.
Take some jackets.
Blessings

TEXAS, by GOD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sherri and I took the River Cloud ll down the Danube a couple of years back. Just astounding as to food, accomodations, and scenery. We could not offer a high enough praise for the way Sea Cloud/River Cloud adventures treats and takes care of its travellers. I also was on the Sea Cloud about 10 years ago for a cruise of the West Indies. Also just an amazing trip. In fact, for a pure high end vacation - and I have been to the Atlantis Resort three times - I have to say that the Sea Cloud and River Cloud trips were head and shoulders above the rest.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
662 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 73 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.