Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by skywalker
JGRaider- the OP is talking about 3-18X42, so apples to apples......man, you would fit in over on opticstalk AND could run for Senator as a Democrat........why would the price of a 2-12X42 even be an issue here?

Take your own advice.......READ posts SLOWLY.

laugh
Man, that's a low blow, throwing JG in with the politicians. You could have said some really bad stuff about him, kinder than that... blush

DF

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
He's on the warpath isn't he Dirt? I've already told him it's not worth arguing about. Yeah, calling me a politician is a cheapshot for sure! Sky, I'm just trying to show you why I've said the things I've said, that's all. If you're in love with the Z5 that just tickles me to no end. BTW, next time call me an azzwhole or something besides a politician, please. smile

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yeah, "politician" is the "nuclear option" of insults, the lowest of all possible low blows... frown

DF

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Yeah, "politician" is the "nuclear option" of insults, the lowest of all possible low blows... frown

DF

He coulda said politician from New Yawk city

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

DF

He coulda said politician from New Yawk city

mad

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm only messin fellas........I thought that was kinda funny....u know you got a chuckle out of it.

New Yawk City.....I didnt go that far..............

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I'm only messin fellas........I thought that was kinda funny....u know you got a chuckle out of it.

New Yawk City.....I didnt go that far..............

laugh

Yeah, low is low. But that one...!

Scraping the bottom of the barrel... cool

DF

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Skywalker: Yes check your prices again and then correct your posting.
And the other reason I disagree completely with your posting
- I would much rather own and use the American made scope that supports American jobs and the American economy!
Your posting:
"Sorry, but I'm not paying 1100 for a Leupy. Not when a Swaro or Zeiss high end is just a few 100 more".
Reconsider your misguided stance, please - American jobs depend on it. ESPECIALLY when the REAL unemployment rate in America is just above 14%!
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - an American Company!
Hold inot the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JG. He likes the Z5 a much as you like the Slc-hd :-)

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Higher end Swaro glass may edge the VX-6, but not by enough to justify the difference in cost. Not sure the Z3 beats out the VX-6.

The Z6's plex is very thin. Much too thin for my taste.

And the Z3 glass does not beat out the VX6. I've compared them side by side in failing light. Interestingly we also had a VX-II at the range that evening and, after looking and shooting through the Z3 and VX6 the view through the VX-II was like looking through ginger-ale.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Reconsider your misguided stance, please - American jobs depend on it. ESPECIALLY when the REAL unemployment rate in America is just above 14%!
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - an American Company!
Hold inot the wind
VarmintGuy

You know, my friend and I were just talking about this at lunch today. It seems that most people know the price of almost everything and the value of very few things. Sure, there are some high tech Chinese companies putting out good glass these days, and the price is very low. BUT, I'd rather save my pennies and try to keep the middle class manufacturing jobs as close to home as possible.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SAKO75
JG. He likes the Z5 a much as you like the Slc-hd :-)

Got it. smile Truth be known though, I really, really like that Meopta HD, and the GR HD. I could be just as happy using those two instead.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I want a meopta 7x42hd!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Arac
It seems that most people know the price of almost everything and the value of very few things.

Good one.

DF

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So all Leupold products are made in the USA? Hmmm......might want to check your facts on that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
quote = Terry Cross

I apologize in advance but I have to rant for a second.

I have always been a huge, huge Leupold advocate. They were always my benchmark for quality, innovation and U.S. workmanship. I own an awful lot of their product and continue to use it regularly.

However. . . . In the last few years, I have seen a change in the way Leupold does business and delivers product to the market. As they have grown, they have embraced many less than admirable traits that seem to define too many parts of American businesses. While their pricing has been steadily increasing at a faster rate than inflation, their quality has dropped. They are still capable of producing a sharp, repeatable optic but not as dependably.

My biggest aggravation with Leupold is the fact that less than 5% of their product line that can be legally stamped "Made in U.S.A." and I'm not even sure that those few are !!! What started out with a few of their Wind River imports has blown into an all out effort to prostitute their name brand for a dollar.

I just received 18 RX-4 range finders, 18 Mk4 10x50 Patrol Binoculars and 18 LR/T 4.5-14x50mm TMR Illum. scopes for a package deal I have to ship. This is pretty much suppossed to be their better gear. Guess what? Range finders "Made In CHINA". Binoculars "Made In China". Scopes have no country of origin marked on the packaging, instructions or product. Call back from Leupold informs me that the scopes are assembled in Oregon but so many of the parts and sub-assemblies are made over-seas (mostly China except for some of their lenses)that they do not qualify for the Made in USA stamp!

I can assure you that sourcing their components and products from China has dropped their costs very, very dramatically while they have continued to raise market prices. You know, honestly, it isn't even the price/profit thing that burns me. It is the fact that they chose to move their sourcing and manufacturing (I do consider "manufacturing" and "assembly" two different beasts in this instance) out of the country and specifically China. Why couldn't they keep most of their production here and just up their pricing 10%? Jesus, I could drop my selling price and triple my profit on freakin Pod-Loc kits if I used components from outside the U.S., but I refuse to go there. Guess that is why I still drive a 10 year old truck.

While they may still have satisfactory product performance and at least attempt innovative ideas occaisionally, I believe that they are straying from their roots, pumping a ton of money into foreign factories and putting yet another hole in the bottom of the lifeboat that retains at least a small fraction of our ability to domestically support our police and military logistics in the event of any serious conflict. I remain firmly convinced that we shall sorely curse the day that we wake up and realize that we need to raise our military to a task only to find out we have cut off our own legs. I aim this statement not only at Leupold but other textile, steel, electronics and molding industries based in the U.S. You don't just start that [bleep] back up inside the U.S. borders overnight.

I will continue to use my original Leupold products but I shall migrate away from giving their company blanket support. I will, instead continue to give more and more support to companies that take risks, accept slightly lower margins and consciously make the effort to strengthen our own economy and workforce. As you purchase your gear or spec out the equipment for your agency bids, please consider more than F.O.V. and click value.

I would seriously love to debate the execs at Leupold in front of their Board about some of this.

DISCLAIMER: I know that some out there will have personal budgets at home that restrict your choices to imports and I totally respect that. A non-US product is better than no product at all in some cases.

DISCLAIMER #2: Yeah, that was more than a second. Sorry.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Old news, about the 10th time you posted it, but you're the cut and past king dave, taking top honors from E. Congrats!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So all Leupold products are made in the USA? Hmmm......might want to check your facts on that.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but who said all Leupold products are made in the USA?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dave7mm
quote = Terry Cross

I apologize in advance but I have to rant for a second.

I have always been a huge, huge Leupold advocate. They were always my benchmark for quality, innovation and U.S. workmanship. I own an awful lot of their product and continue to use it regularly.

However. . . . In the last few years, I have seen a change in the way Leupold does business and delivers product to the market. As they have grown, they have embraced many less than admirable traits that seem to define too many parts of American businesses. While their pricing has been steadily increasing at a faster rate than inflation, their quality has dropped. They are still capable of producing a sharp, repeatable optic but not as dependably.

My biggest aggravation with Leupold is the fact that less than 5% of their product line that can be legally stamped "Made in U.S.A." and I'm not even sure that those few are !!! What started out with a few of their Wind River imports has blown into an all out effort to prostitute their name brand for a dollar.

I just received 18 RX-4 range finders, 18 Mk4 10x50 Patrol Binoculars and 18 LR/T 4.5-14x50mm TMR Illum. scopes for a package deal I have to ship. This is pretty much suppossed to be their better gear. Guess what? Range finders "Made In CHINA". Binoculars "Made In China". Scopes have no country of origin marked on the packaging, instructions or product. Call back from Leupold informs me that the scopes are assembled in Oregon but so many of the parts and sub-assemblies are made over-seas (mostly China except for some of their lenses)that they do not qualify for the Made in USA stamp!

I can assure you that sourcing their components and products from China has dropped their costs very, very dramatically while they have continued to raise market prices. You know, honestly, it isn't even the price/profit thing that burns me. It is the fact that they chose to move their sourcing and manufacturing (I do consider "manufacturing" and "assembly" two different beasts in this instance) out of the country and specifically China. Why couldn't they keep most of their production here and just up their pricing 10%? Jesus, I could drop my selling price and triple my profit on freakin Pod-Loc kits if I used components from outside the U.S., but I refuse to go there. Guess that is why I still drive a 10 year old truck.

While they may still have satisfactory product performance and at least attempt innovative ideas occaisionally, I believe that they are straying from their roots, pumping a ton of money into foreign factories and putting yet another hole in the bottom of the lifeboat that retains at least a small fraction of our ability to domestically support our police and military logistics in the event of any serious conflict. I remain firmly convinced that we shall sorely curse the day that we wake up and realize that we need to raise our military to a task only to find out we have cut off our own legs. I aim this statement not only at Leupold but other textile, steel, electronics and molding industries based in the U.S. You don't just start that [bleep] back up inside the U.S. borders overnight.

I will continue to use my original Leupold products but I shall migrate away from giving their company blanket support. I will, instead continue to give more and more support to companies that take risks, accept slightly lower margins and consciously make the effort to strengthen our own economy and workforce. As you purchase your gear or spec out the equipment for your agency bids, please consider more than F.O.V. and click value.

I would seriously love to debate the execs at Leupold in front of their Board about some of this.

DISCLAIMER: I know that some out there will have personal budgets at home that restrict your choices to imports and I totally respect that. A non-US product is better than no product at all in some cases.

DISCLAIMER #2: Yeah, that was more than a second. Sorry.

dave

You can make it 11 now....

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Get back to us when you have something relevant to say E, I mean dave.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

141 members (308xray, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 260madman, 25 invisible), 1,189 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,471
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.