-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had the spray in bed liner in my F150 and liked it but currently do not have it in my Dodge. It came with the plastic bed liner which I really don't care for but I should remove it for fear of rusting.

My F250 has a rubber mat on the bed floor and tailgate which seems to work pretty good for hauling stuff.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've delt with this quite a bit when I was the quasi "fleet manager" for our company. I've used plastic liners, rubber matts, plywood and spray on.

Plastic liners will hurt you because they are just too slick. Rubber mats are pretty good, but will bunch up and allow your cargo to slide if you have to make a sudden stop. Plywood is very good if you carry heavy cargo, but it will leave the bed of your truck in pretty rough looking condition after a few years. Spray on liners are probably the best for appearance, durability, slip resistance and clean up. You'll probably get at least half your money back for a spray on liner when you go to sell your truck. JMHO.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I had mine Line-X'd when I bought it and love it. I've used plastic liners before and they work well when you're chunking concrete blocks or wood in but are slick as owl snot when you try to stand on them if they are wet...they will also hold moisture underneath them and can lead to more rust.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On the rust issue I never bought it as a real problem, that is until I pulled one out of the back of my truck and saw how bad it was underneath.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a truck cap on my current truck and have not had a problem under the liner. I like the side wall protection that I get with the drop in liner. Never had any rust issues, even with a truck with an open bed.

NEVER GIVE UP
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MHWASH
I'm having a hard time swallowing the $500 price tag.

Then don't do it man! I bought a new Silverado a little over 3 years ago and I seriously considered getting a sprayed in liner. Now, 3 years later...I'm glad that I didn't.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you're looking for a cheaper alternative and don't mind cutting to fit around the wheel wells:

Horse Stall Mat - Tractor Supply

It won't slide when you brake. It will last the life of the truck. It's CHEAP! Stuff won't slide and the bed of your truck will be protected.

David

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This summer I bought a Dodge that came with a new slide-in. I mentioned earlier that my llamas couldn't stand up in it because it's too slick. We found a better use for it. We turned it upside down on top of straw bales and made a great weather proof shelter for my wife's geese. The truck will get a DIY spray-in sometime this spring.

BTW - the geese love weather. All of it. It's been below 0 and windy and they still prefer the great outdoors.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had my pickups done with LineX the interior of my land cruiser done my rocker panels on my diesel pickup, and just last month the bed of my Yamaha rhino.

The LineX is far more durable then the steel. It's the best game in town for protecting your heavily used investment.

My little rhino gets used so much the bed would have been pounded with tools and equipment. I never even give it a thought now.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by garyh9900
Line-X is the only way to go.

I've had Line-X and Rhino Liner. I'm more impressed with the Rhino liner in spades.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If I was going to do another and I will someday. I'd go to Fleet Farm, Menards, where-ever and get the "do it yourself" kit. It wouldn't take long to do. It would be more of a scratch/rust resistant thing. I don't really care if my bed gets some scratches in it, but up here in salt country, you'll have rust in no time if you don't fix the scratches quickly.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I do the plastic drop-in under the bed rails. Bed rail caps over that, and a rubber mat on the floor of the drop-in. No static, no dents no sliding cargo. mtmuley

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Canazes9
If you're looking for a cheaper alternative and don't mind cutting to fit around the wheel wells:

Horse Stall Mat - Tractor Supply

It won't slide when you brake. It will last the life of the truck. It's CHEAP! Stuff won't slide and the bed of your truck will be protected.

David

Looks like the same stuff I mentioned earlier and I totally agree its great for this type of thing..Plus it deadens the noise considerably if you have tools or similar loose in the back of the truck..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 69 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.