Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7287497 - 01/08/13 06:59 PM need advice on good camera phone from AT&T
bcraig Online   content
Campfire Ranger

Loc: eastern arkansas
Hi, I am with AT&T and have been with them for several years.
My phone is about to go down and I am going to get another soon(sometime this week).
They told me I had been with them long enough that I could get any phone free(with the exception of a smart phone).
All I do on a cell phone is make calls and take some pics.
I am wanting a phone that is durable and takes great pics(good detail up close)
What do you recomend?

Thanks
Craig

Edited by bcraig (01/08/13 07:13 PM)

CI16728
#7287601 - 01/08/13 07:22 PM Re: need advice on good camera phone from AT&T [Re: bcraig]
Oregon45 Online   content
Campfire Outfitter

Loc: Oregon
If it isn't very expensive to upgrade to a smartphone, take a look at the iPhone. I'm really liking my iPhone 4s. I had a Blackberry for years and it took me all of 20 minutes to get used to the touch-screen and the camera is awesome; lots of photo apps available as well, almost an "industry standard" for mobile photography.

#7290221 - 01/09/13 12:36 PM Re: need advice on good camera phone from AT&T [Re: Oregon45]
bcraig Online   content
Campfire Ranger

Hi,I really dont want to upgrade and have an additional fee every month for the smartphone.
I just want a NON smartphone that will take good pics .(listing items here and e-bay Maybe).
Thanks
Craig

#7292149 - 01/09/13 07:49 PM Re: need advice on good camera phone from AT&T [Re: bcraig]
bcraig Online   content
Campfire Ranger

Well apparently there is noone on the Photography forum who cares to share anything about this question?(with the exception of oregon45).
Thanks
craig

#7292649 - 01/09/13 10:46 PM Re: need advice on good camera phone from AT&T [Re: bcraig]
1minute Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Burns/Hines, Oregon, USA
Quote:
Well apparently there is noone on the Photography forum who cares to share anything

I suspect it's a case of even remotely serious photographers viewing the phones as gadgets. If one wants to take fine images invest in a camera as opposed to an electronic multi-tool.

#7293480 - 01/10/13 07:33 AM Re: need advice on good camera phone from AT&T [Re: 1minute]
bcraig Online   content
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By: 1minute
Quote:
Well apparently there is noone on the Photography forum who cares to share anything

I suspect it's a case of even remotely serious photographers viewing the phones as gadgets. If one wants to take fine images invest in a camera as opposed to an electronic multi-tool.

Well IF that is the case then obviously there are some Pompass AZZES here!
I am needing a new phone and just needed good advice for getting one with a good camera.
I would have thought that there are "serious Photographers" here that also own these "Gadgets" called cell phones and their interest in photography would also extend to getting a good photo with a Gadget.

I did NOT ask which gave the best photos Camera or cell phone.
I asked which cell hone had the best camera.
I did not ask For advice on which camera to invest my money in .
Please reread .
Comprehension of a question is essential to answering a question.
Of course you could have taken the time to answer my question instead of a highhanded attitude that "IF one wans to take fine Images invest in a camera as opposed to an electroic Multi tool."
Probably wouldn,t have taken much more time to answer the Question than it did to send the response you sent.

Edited by bcraig (01/10/13 07:33 AM)

#7293543 - 01/10/13 07:49 AM Re: need advice on good camera phone from AT&T [Re: bcraig]
RedRabbit Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: Flagstaff, AZ
Some of us don't have an answer and remained mute.

#7294390 - 01/10/13 11:23 AM Re: need advice on good camera phone from AT&T [Re: RedRabbit]
DonFischer Offline
Campfire Regular

Nikon has one. It's called the D300.

#7294526 - 01/10/13 11:57 AM Re: need advice on good camera phone from AT&T [Re: RedRabbit]
bcraig Online   content
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By: RedRabbit
Some of us don't have an answer and remained mute.

Yes I understand that and appreciate that .
I had hoped that there would be some helpfull replies but aside from a couple of nice replies,the people who have nothing helpfull to add and only a holier than thou,HighHatted attitude need to keep in mind that everyone likes a little azz every now and then but NOBODY likes a horses AZZ .
You know it is amazing that as many people that have read this post these are the only replies .
For the people that dont know the answer any more than I do ,I hope I haven,t offended you in any way.
For those that do know but have chosen to be a horses azz ,perhaps you will be the one that needs advice on something in the future and someone will be igdignant and a smart azz to you.Surely you are old enough to remember that we reap what we sow.What comes around goes around !

#7295275 - 01/10/13 02:28 PM Re: need advice on good camera phone from AT&T [Re: bcraig]
1minute Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Burns/Hines, Oregon, USA
Bcraig: I honestly think one would have look quite hard to find a truly pompass ass among those frequenting this portion of the campfire. I apologize if I offended, as I thought I was offering a sincere answer. Blunt maybe, but it was sincere, and I don't recall adding any adjectives that might reflect on ones personna.

Similarly, one does not visit the local fly fishers guild to get an assessment on the "pocket fisherman." He does not go to Bass Pro either to secure help tying a Jock Scott. A techie site/forum might be a better realm for your explorations. Tourist wave phones in the air. The White House press corp pack cameras.

Some of the folks that pass through here might spend 2 to 4 grand for a body, and as much as 2 to 10 grand on a lens. We can do $400 for a midline point and shoot unit, and we will not expect high end resolution when they're stretched out to 600 mm equivalents.

We all see phone images posted on the web, but are mostly unimpressed with their definition, depth of field, and exposure control. Expediency and a fleeting opportunity often dictate their use. To date though, I not seen a National Geographic image credited to a phone. That being, if ones goal is communication and web access, get the phone. If he wants quality pics, spend at least 2 to 3 times that amount on a dedicated camera.

Edited by 1minute (01/10/13 02:42 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
936 registered (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10ring1, 07blackwater, 1010, 98 invisible), 1726 Guests and 314 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
51382 Members
72 Forums
652464 Topics
9381669 Posts

Max Online: 4830 @ 12/01/14 06:45 PM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Copyright © 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.