Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,106 of 1,842 1 2 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ryan, we'd be happy to share with you. Take care of that cold.

Just started snowing here, Tom. Really coming down right now. We're supposed to be getting the high winds also.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
just plain nasty here. As Tzone said, the freeway is closed from here to Fargo. Schools are closed and even the Tech College is closed and they never close that sucker. 50 mph winds on top of 4 inches of new snow and some other fluffy we had the ground and it does not look pretty out there. This is one of those days I am so thankful for having a home office. My commute was from the kitchen to the office, a distance of 23 steps.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The schools weren't closed here, but I did stay home late and take the kids to school. It was pretty nasty out and I didn't want them to wait by the road for the bus.

Add to that I'd have got to work about the same time as I did leaving late because of the goofies out driving, it was a no brainer.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
they closed the MALL today! it is just plain nasty out there. i shiver just looking outside. there area some people that are really snowed in big time with drifts. did I mention the ice went out on our lake last year on March 21? We are still making ice this year.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Channel 7 out of Wausau says Stevens Point has 4.8" so far. Must be a female weather person. I'd say more like 3". grin Wind isn't an issue yet, but is on the way. I'll get out there shortly with the blower.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The wind has arrived. Just finished with the snow blower when it hit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that figures. now it will blow all that stuff back in!

I had a couple errands to run today, I was glad I put on my hooded sweatshirt, I woulda got chilly in just a Tee.
at least the sun was out and the wind was nil, saw water running down the edge of the street, went and investigated and it was just the municipal company flushing out a fitting or something. in the afternoon it warmed up, I threw an antler for the new pup to fetch, he sure liked that. foolishly I wore just a Tee shirt and was chased back inside by the cold after 10 minutes. I wish spring would just get here already. Hope ya'll north and east of me are staying warm tonight. made some chicken noodle soup and got caught up with "the walking dead".

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Went out this morning and dealt with what the plow left. Wind is still an issue here.

May be off line for awhile. Need to take the Dell in for repair. Found 5 infected files and have lost a couple of drivers. May still be able to check in on the Kindle.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
The wind has arrived. Just finished with the snow blower when it hit.

Taht happened to me last night. I wanted to get it done quickly before the wind hit. It got nasty about the time I was 1/2 way finished with the driveway. I'm still cold!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Went out this morning and dealt with what the plow left. Wind is still an issue here.

May be off line for awhile. Need to take the Dell in for repair. Found 5 infected files and have lost a couple of drivers. May still be able to check in on the Kindle.

What the heck have you been looking at on that computer Bill? You don't happen to eat a lot of cheet-o's do you? grin

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
well we got quite the storm. Piles are huge! My dad has a new V-plow that will articluate to a scoop, etc. He spent 45 minutes getting through the mother of all drifts. 150 yards of 5 feet of snow....before it was plowed! he couldnt just V through it, the truck would go up and he would get stuck. he has a Ford Super Duty with a diesel, so it isnt a light truck either. And to complicate it, some putz was stuck in the middle of the road from last night and just let his car sit there. that articulating V plow is the shiznit he says; no way would he buy anything but that for sure.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They're awesome plows. I often wondered if it would be possible to make one for a 4-wheeler?

Hint, hint, northern_dave. grin If anyone can do it, it would be you.

Last edited by tzone; 03/19/13.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Well the wireless is still up so I can use the Kindle. Don't know what's up with files but there were 5 Trojans in the boot file. I'm using pretty good security program,but they made it through.

Found them when I ran scan.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I used my new (new to me) 9' 2" Boss V plow last night to clean our little rural neighborhood for the first time. It was great, yes the scoop feature is awesome for moving big piles of snow.

It can be tough stabbing your way through the deep stuff as the V acts like a barbed hook, goes forward well but doesn't always want to pull out nice. I've found that sometimes I have to try backing up while hitting the fold forward switches for both sides of the plow, fold the blades forward to the scoop position for backing up when pounding the V through really tough spots.

I also found that if you feel like you are possibly stuck, again fold those plow sides forward all the way before spinning yourself down, the extra weight/leverage of having the plow in the scoop position really helps anchor some traction on the front tires.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
yep, he does the same thing to back up. there is always the fear of you plowing....the truck comes up as you get into the pile and then goes down. stuckaroo unless you can "scoop" your way out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we got bad weather headed our way, freezing rain, might even snow on saturday.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I just want to take this opportunity to say.......

Haaaa-haaaa-haaa-haaa!!

grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I just want to take this opportunity to say.......

Haaaa-haaaa-haaa-haaa!!

grin

+ 1 grin

Mid April before all our snow is gone. My snoblower is now my largest asset. eek

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm thinking we might still have traces of snow left in shaded/wooded areas in June.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't know if it will be that long down here, but it will be May I bet. There is A LOT of snow on the ground.

Page 1,106 of 1,842 1 2 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222ND, 72 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,678
Posts18,456,284
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.