Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,297 of 1,842 1 2 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
LOL I might be able to come back when the kids are a year or two older, I figured Dave has to come out here first, wouldn't seem right if I don't share too.

Tom you have a good chance of drawing this year right?

Well I hope so. I put in for a PP last year. There is a possibility I can't come this year. I'm starting school in march and may not be able come out for a stretch of time....If I get drawn, are my points burned up or should I apply for another PP this year?

Camp is where you make it.
BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Wacha goin ta skool fer?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Robo-grouse would be safe around me too! I'd probably get the bottle closer to the Dudley DoRight hiding in the bushes!

And NO! I don't throw like a girl.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I know the "robo grouse" would be a big tool here for the DNR, especially in the UP. While setting up at the gun club for a charity shoot a few years ago, we got an old pick up door hung up at one of the stations and set the clay birds propped on a stump. It became the UP Grouse Station..and a big hit.

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Pro-jeekt management. I already do it so I might as well get paid fer it. Right?

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good for you Tom. You will like parts of managing projects....and there are some parts that will suck, but hey all jobs have parts that suck so might as well be paid more to deal with them!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
LOL I might be able to come back when the kids are a year or two older, I figured Dave has to come out here first, wouldn't seem right if I don't share too.

Well I hope so. I put in for a PP last year. There is a possibility I can't come this year. I'm starting school in march and may not be able come out for a stretch of time....If I get drawn, are my points burned up or should I apply for another PP this year?

you can put in for another PP if you're unsure, just increases your odds for the next go round when you can make it. and no you don't lose em, but might as well add one, heck it's only 5 bucks

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tom,I was a project manager for 14 years for a world wide construction company. It was/is a good position.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool Stan. Who did you work for?

I'm technically a construction inspector, but I've been managing a few projects for the last year and half.

Last edited by tzone; 02/13/14.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone

you can put in for another PP if you're unsure, just increases your odds for the next go round when you can make it. and no you don't lose em, but might as well add one, heck it's only 5 bucks

Well I'd really like to go this year. Looking forward to it actually. I'll pm you soon about it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I stopped in to gophers store for the first time last sunday morning. gopher wasn't around( not surprising as it was before 7 am)but they had a Savage axis in 223 for $289.

hmmmm.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The axis is a nice rifle for an extra nice price. I have several friends who have them and really like them for accuracy and price.Mainly accuracy.
Tom, I worked for The Austin Company out of Cleveland,Ohio. The company was bought by another one in 1981 and is now defunct.It's is amazing that Alan Austin and Allen,Jr. ran the company for almost 100 years and National Gypsum only took about 10 years to bankrupt it.There are some few offices of it still open but it is nothing like what it once was.
I later was to become national facilities manager for Allis Chalmers when the corporate office moved from West Allis,WI to Atlanta,Ga. They had been bought out by Deutz after the bankruptcy and Deutz moved it all to Atlanta.Then management bought Deutz out and it become AGCO.That was then an exciting time to work for that company as we began to buy other companies.
We bought Massey-Ferguson in Des Moines,Ia. among others.
Didn't mean to ramble on so.Anyway Project Management is exciting and can lead to other more lucrative positions.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Very cool Stan!

How is that weather? Are you and the mrs. Holding up alright?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fluffy
I stopped in to gophers store for the first time last sunday morning. gopher wasn't around( not surprising as it was before 7 am)but they had a Savage axis in 223 for $289.

hmmmm.
Fluffy-I've been looking at that one too. They've got a couple in .308 in back too.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Tom-any interest in going to the gun show in Mpls. on Sunday?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To the Minnesota boys near the Twin Cities-the gun shop out in Shakopee is likely going away in the near future. I stopped out there Wednesday and spoke to Terry's wife. After 30 plus years in the business, they're retiring. It sounds like the shop might be done. Terry can be a little quirky, but he's got a lot of used guns out there with a good selection of high end double barrel shotguns. You might want to make a run out there and see what he's got before he shuts out the lights. It's right in down town across from the old river crossing.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Hey Tom-any interest in going to the gun show in Mpls. on Sunday?

Can't do er, I'll be up in Wis-conny on Sunday.

Which gun shop is closing? Not Gun Stop, I hope.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, if you're in Wausau there's a sports show at the Patriot Center this weekend.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hi bill! Where the heck you been? I won't be to Wausau are until turkey season. How is that show? I haven't been there for a long time.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Never know what you're going to get with that show, Tom. First year it was great, the 2nd not so much. Last year was a bit better. Checked out the home show there last weekend and it was a major dud.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Page 1,297 of 1,842 1 2 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 740 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.