Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 443 of 1,842 1 2 441 442 443 444 445 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did you get chased by a swamp squid? grin

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Swamp squids, flying bears, leopard squirrels, and falling muffy's that camp be a damn dangerous place come fall...

not to mention the great orange pumpkins that stalk you from trees. It's no wonder Dave has to drink his beer from camo cans.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave,

Been meaning to ask you what ever happened to the "guys next door", that were setting up their stands facing you guys ? Year 1, I think.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Dave,

Been meaning to ask you what ever happened to the "guys next door", that were setting up their stands facing you guys ? Year 1, I think.

Paul.

Flying Bears.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
them, the flying bears and sometimes people just get sucked into them wink

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,you mentioned the guys riding to school with big sister in her Mustang.What am I missing?She wrecked the Mustang.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Stan, Dave and Pam bought Weezy a different Mustang. It was posted on the Campfire thread.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Stan, I fixed that mustang in 2 weeks flat. Needed Pam's help but we got it done.

Here's a picture Pam took of the kids heading out for first day of school 2010

[Linked Image]

Auto insurance is good.

Stan, we had oodles of sweat equity in that 65 mustang. Which the insurance company thankfully recognized.

This used 05 base model V6 buggy doesn't have the eternal coolness of the first generation pony cars and it won't hold value like an original either. But it has air bags, 3 point belts in all 4 seats, anti lock disk brakes, much better crumple zones for impact protection (heaven forbid please) It gets twice the gas mileage, cheaper to insure, and a few less horses under the hood than the A code 65 coupe had. It's also symbolic of the project we worked so hard on together. Kind of a "from the ashes rose a phoenix" sort of thing.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Did you get a boat? What's behind the 'stang?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Dave,

Paul.

Hey Paul, I sacrifice some hunting time now and then to go and sit in the stand that we call the "porcupine stand" up in that corner of our property. This hinders our friend's ability to sit up in their crudely built 12 year old child's tree fort and watch onto our property.

Something clever here.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah Tom, I bought a little 14' Lund from my dad this spring. It needs a new floor but it's a nice little river boat. Or at least thats what we�ll use it for. Lake of the woods is a little too intimidating for a 14 footer but we have a good river to fish not far from home.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good boat. Perfect for a river, or the 11,000 other lakes that aren't LOW.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Dave,

Paul.

Hey Paul, I sacrifice some hunting time now and then to go and sit in the stand that we call the "porcupine stand" up in that corner of our property. This hinders our friend's ability to sit up in their crudely built 12 year old child's tree fort and watch onto our property.

Cheers Mate,

I have thought of asking that question 2 - 3 times a year since reading it, but always get side tracked by the easy going banter !!

Be nice to "nail" one from there while they are watching !

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dave ya get the trail cam out? I am dying to see forky toes.

Thinking about running a board for who gets him wink

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I took a shot at a doe a couple of years ago with one of those guys sitting bihind me stairing at my back. I'm on my property and I'm looking into my property, they are on their land looking into my property as well.

Gosh it was a well placed shot at a nice doe that was meandering through browsing as she went. One of those shots that you know is good after you pull the trigger. Well the shot went low right behind her shoulder (I speculate) I shaved white hair but there wasn't a speck of blood or flesh, not even hide. (which is good)

I hit a jackpine limb between me and the deer with my bullet. I carved a 30 caliber notch out of that dried springy jackpine branch. Dammit anyways! Well I broke that branch off the tree and brought it back to the shack. We stuck some feathers in one end and set the stick in the corner. That is our "shame stick". So now when ever someone takes a shot at a deer but misses they get "shamed" with the shame stick.

Shaming process looks like this right Tom?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tom is looking at his camera, trying to pretend the shaming isn't happening... oh but it happened, he done been shamed! grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by big drift
Dave ya get the trail cam out? I am dying to see forky toes.

Thinking about running a board for who gets him wink

I have a camera out but it's a POS. I don't trust it to take any pics.

I messed with it for a half an hour to get it to power up. then we couldn't get it to trigger. We finally got it to trigger but then we figured out we had a bad SD card in it crazy

So, now it's set up with no SD card so it I want to read the pics from it I have to take the cam home and hook it to my computer to read the internal memory.

Dusty is talking about getting a real camera, a new Bushnel trophy cam. The new 8MP unit with video capability.

It will be nice to have a dependable cam out there for once.

We checked last weekend by Dusty's stand and he has a regular deer highway running past his stand too. Not kidding, it's impressive.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinkin of getting my trail cams (2) sent up from colorado

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
How much good are they doing you in Colorado? grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well my mom, dad bro and sis in law use them.
I called ma the other day and she said they were sitting in the camper, so I said send em up to me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they are the wildview, nothin fancy cost about 55 bucks a piece.
I have a mini "electric picture frame" and extra SD card. they make checking a lot easier, and bigger pics than looking on a camera

Page 443 of 1,842 1 2 441 442 443 444 445 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (12344mag, 300jimmy, 2UP, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 18 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,269
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.