Leica Sport Optics.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#7290392 - 01/09/13 01:34 PM Re: New Year's Resolution [Re: ColsPaul]
68W Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: ID boy in UT
Carry one with me at ALL times legal. On the belt (IWB) whenever clothing allows, no exceptions, no laziness.

I'm a medical student and when dressed professionally, ie. tucked shirt and tie, IWB carry is too risky. My solution to this has been in the backpack, but I am considering the ankle route. I feel this is a huge step down from IWB tactically but a good step up from a backpack stashed in a locker when I'm in a clinic.

I have also resolved to have a spare mag and light with me. Not on my person but in the pack with an OWB belt holster.

The best defensive handgun is the one you HAVE.

Best,

68W

#7290428 - 01/09/13 01:41 PM Re: New Year's Resolution [Re: 68W]
Jim in Idaho Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Idaho, USA
Could you get a backpack with an outside pocket that would let you conceal the pistol from view but have it available for immediate use? At least so you wouldn't have to digging around in the pack to find it. Still a compromise from having it on your person but given your restrictions and criteria it might be a worthwhile solution.

#7290457 - 01/09/13 01:48 PM Re: New Year's Resolution [Re: Jim in Idaho]
68W Offline
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted By: Jim in Idaho
Could you get a backpack with an outside pocket that would let you conceal the pistol from view but have it available for immediate use? At least so you wouldn't have to digging around in the pack to find it. Still a compromise from having it on your person but given your restrictions and criteria it might be a worthwhile solution.

Jim,

Good thought, and actually the backpack I carry has a small outside pocket that carries nothing but the aforementioned kit, already on it. There will be no searching if I had to grab for it.

thanks,

68W

#7290477 - 01/09/13 01:54 PM Re: New Year's Resolution [Re: 68W]
Eremicus Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Placerville,CA,USA
Some of the better made fanny packs work well. When I do my workout walks, I carry mine in a Mountain Smith. E

#7290481 - 01/09/13 01:56 PM Re: New Year's Resolution [Re: GunGeek]
Eremicus Offline
Campfire Kahuna

"This year I'm going to.....stop buying guns" ? You guys believe me don't you ?
OK, ok. "My name is eremicus and I'm a Handgun Looney......" E

#7290551 - 01/09/13 02:12 PM Re: New Year's Resolution [Re: Eremicus]
68W Offline
Campfire Regular

Don't see that being a good solution in my case. A fanny pack on in professional dress isn't going to fly. If not in a tucked-in shirt and tie I'm IWB all the way as I'm just in jeans and shirts, its when dressed up that is the problem. That's why I'm thinking ankle carry is my best option as the slacks would conceal it no problem.

Thanks.

#7290685 - 01/09/13 02:42 PM Re: New Year's Resolution [Re: 68W]
Eremicus Offline
Campfire Kahuna

You might ask around about the Milt Sparks IWB holsters made with clips for under the shirt carry. While the clips show, with one's shirt bloused out, the gun won't if it's a flat automatic. E

#7290967 - 01/09/13 03:48 PM Re: New Year's Resolution [Re: Eremicus]
DocRocket Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Gone To Texas
I.. er, I mean, a guy I know real well... made a resolution to buy more Glocks back in mid-December.

So far, so good. I, er, I mean he... picked up a couple of G19's at an insanely good price. Yeah, they have evidence locker stampings on them, but everything's on the up-and-up. Sold one on GB and more than paid for the other. Gonna get Glock to put Trijicons on it to match the G23, and I'll be GTG.

Other than that, I mostly need to put more lead downrange thru the pistolas I already have... life is good.
grin

#7291028 - 01/09/13 04:06 PM Re: New Year's Resolution [Re: 68W]
Wtxj Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: 68W
Don't see that being a good solution in my case. A fanny pack on in professional dress isn't going to fly. If not in a tucked-in shirt and tie I'm IWB all the way as I'm just in jeans and shirts, its when dressed up that is the problem. That's why I'm thinking ankle carry is my best option as the slacks would conceal it no problem.

Thanks.

Check this site out.

http://www.pistolwear.com/Home.jsp?refresh=true

#7295472 - 01/10/13 03:13 PM Re: New Year's Resolution [Re: Wtxj]
68W Offline
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted By: Wtxj
Originally Posted By: 68W

Thanks.

Check this site out.

http://www.pistolwear.com/Home.jsp?refresh=true

Good stuff. I will really be considering their "trump" holster. Under left arm cross draw inside my shirt might really be a great option, I have a large chest so I bet it would be very hard to see it. Especially since I'll be wearing a white coat a fair amount of the time.

Thanks.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
181 registered (1B, 444Matt, 30Gibbs, 375fan, 257_X_50, 222Rem, 22 invisible), 705 Guests and 364 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
49451 Members
71 Forums
611469 Topics
8742044 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM

Copyright 2000-2014 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.