Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I can understand why people are going crazy buying .223 loads, but .22LR stuff? What am I missing? Is there a bounty on squirrels?

I have over 30K stashed away, and am still buying. I am not the only one!!!

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wdenike
I hate to bust anybody's bubble. But there may come a time when the 22 long rifle is the best guerrilla weapon available. You think not? When was the last time that you tryed to pack around 3000 rounds of any other ammunition In your backpack.

Take care, Willie

22lr was used by some deep recon type forces (SOG) in Nam. It was not the el cheap stuff, but 22LR none the less. A head shot at 25 yards was easy, effective, and simple to suppress. And as noted, it does not weigh much.

Don't as for a link to my info. Read this years ago in a real live book on the subject, way before Al Gore invented the interwebs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tend to buy a case a year. With small game, plinking and silhouette matches and practice that's about right with a couple bricks left over. I try and buy at the end of the season so next seasons case arrived in Oct.

I'm lucky that my Cooper and the CZ's all like the same round so I can buy just once.

With this buying I'll likely start looking in the summer vice the fall to see if I can find it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Really shows you the ignorance of Obama, Biden, Fienstien,and the likes. What ever happened to keeping one's big mouth shut and having people wonder whether you have any brains???

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have half a brick left on my dresser... I can not find anything in any store. If I do find a store carrying 22lr ammo it is grossly over priced.

I only see 22 WMR and 17 HMR on the shelfs.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Really shows you the ignorance of Obama, Biden, Fienstien,and the likes. What ever happened to keeping one's big mouth shut and having people wonder whether you have any brains???

Take care, Willie

No body knows how much ammo or how many guns I have.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I was at Sportsman Warehouse yesterday and they had at least a 1/2 pallet of 22lR and about 15 pallets of shottgun ammo set out.

I was looking for 2400 powder though and they had none.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
I hate to bust anybody's bubble. But there may come a time when the 22 long rifle is the best guerrilla weapon available. You think not? When was the last time that you tryed to pack around 3000 rounds of any other ammunition In your backpack.

Take care, Willie

22lr was used by some deep recon type forces (SOG) in Nam. It was not the el cheap stuff, but 22LR none the less. A head shot at 25 yards was easy, effective, and simple to suppress. And as noted, it does not weigh much.

Don't as for a link to my info. Read this years ago in a real live book on the subject, way before Al Gore invented the interwebs.

Thank you for your service gun geezer. Obama and his crew don't believe that there is anybody in the civilian world that has a special ops mentality. And I might add, that when anyone on the left thanks our servicemen. It is like them receiving an enema. As they really do not like you fighting for your country. It was like when Obama gave the speech about bin Laden being killed. Just the look on his face. You could tell it was like he was getting an enema, as he would've much rather saw him tried in a court over here in the United States like he was a citizen. And then the nerve to say what a hard choice it was to make the decision. Get real, he had two choices. To do what needed to be done, or have another cover-up and try and make believe they didn't know he was there. And if you think he was going to take a chance of something like that leaking out. And give up being the top dog in the free world. We are all delusional.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I can understand why people are going crazy buying .223 loads, but .22LR stuff? What am I missing? Is there a bounty on squirrels?

All common calibers of guns and ammo have been flying off the shelves since December 19th.

I personally don't own any guns or ammo but, if I did I'd have 8K rounds of .22LR packed away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't talk too loud about .22's for protection, next thing you know a 10/22 will be on the assault rifle list.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by centershot
Don't talk too loud about .22's for protection, next thing you know a 10/22 will be on the assault rifle list.

I don't think anybody gets it. IT'S not the weapon that is the problam!!!

Take care, Willie

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Take care, Willie
Yep and the Marlin Mod 60 tube fed can lay down much firepower,I have two of them my Grandkids have four one eatch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When you can't anything else to shoot people grab .22 as well. Lots of people own .22 conversion kits or a .22 upper for an AR as well. So when everything else disappears and gets expensive people just move down to something else.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After the last debacle there were scum that would buy it by the truckload from stores here in town, then scalp it at the gunshows.

According to the folks on the classifieds, this is a good thing. It is not price gouging, it is just good old boys making a living. mad miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because the gun manufacturers have learned a lot from the oil companies. Wait for things to cool down and watch for a sale. Anyone who has got caught with their pants down and is nearly out probably never plans ahead in their life.

NRA Lifetime Member
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by milespatton
After the last debacle there were scum that would buy it by the truckload from stores here in town, then scalp it at the gunshows.

According to the folks on the classifieds, this is a good thing. It is not price gouging, it is just good old boys making a living. mad miles

The way I see it, if it stuff you already had in hand, i.e. a pile of mags or a stash of .22's or whatever, sell it for whatever the hell you want. Free Market and all that. But when you have retailers keeping their prices down so that guys can afford to get a couple bricks of .22's or a couple mags, then schitheads take advantage of that by buying them up and reselling them at inflated prices that's a different story. It basically schiting on the store that's treating it's customers right. No different than using a LE or other discount to buy a gun, then tripping it at retail to make a buck.

My $.02

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
. . .I have over 30K stashed away, and am still buying. I am not the only one!!!

This! wink

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I saw a guy buy every box of 500 and 550 that Walmart had.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because all you have to do is whisper "shortage" to create one.

Folks that ordinarily buy one brick or bulk pack at a time figure it's now or never and they all start buying 5 or 10.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Buying up 22's not only for your own use, but with just about everybody having a 22 around the house they can trade or sell 22 shells for about anything, gas, food, clothing, etc. if things get super bad

For every law that's passed, a little freedom dies!!!!!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

216 members (12344mag, 160user, 338reddog, 35, 300jimmy, 2UP, 24 invisible), 1,671 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,598
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.