Berger Hunting Bullets.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#7273704 - 01/05/13 07:29 PM Best place to get dealer pricing?
ColdBore Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Where is the best place to get true dealer costs on a new Toyota?

I've found a bunch of sites via google, but leery of giving a phone number (and they won't accept a generic one, I tried).

Looking to get a price to negotiate from, but not wanting hounded by dealers (the reason I'm trying to do as much as possible via internet).

Thanks!

#7287884 - 01/08/13 08:28 PM Re: Best place to get dealer pricing? [Re: ColdBore]
Adkstalker Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: Georgia
I tried that a few years ago when my wife was looking for a new car. I got the info from Consumer Reports...I went in all cocky with my paperwork on the dealer price, incentives etc. They laughed me out the door. Long story short, shop around for the best deal

I'll keep my GUNS, MONEY and FREEDOM. You can keep the CHANGE.

#7299993 - 01/11/13 03:53 PM Re: Best place to get dealer pricing? [Re: Adkstalker]
dchuck Offline

Loc: NoDak
FWIW-my insurance agent would always tell me he had access to that kind of information. But I agree with above-shopping around is probably best.

#7301146 - 01/11/13 08:13 PM Re: Best place to get dealer pricing? [Re: dchuck]
willhunt4 Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Nor Ca.
I have a friend that emails several dealers with exactly what he is looking for and gives them a date he will buy on. He tells them that he will buy from whoever offers him the best price. Never goes into the dealership until he is ready to write the check.

Seems to work for him.
Good luck

#7310718 - 01/14/13 07:13 AM Re: Best place to get dealer pricing? [Re: willhunt4]
Folically_Challenged Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Hamiltucky, OH
Originally Posted By: willhunt4
I have a friend that emails several dealers with exactly what he is looking for and gives them a date he will buy on. He tells them that he will buy from whoever offers him the best price. Never goes into the dealership until he is ready to write the check.

Seems to work for him.
Good luck

This is the best way to do it, IMO. Given all the mfgr kickbacks & sales incentive programs, it's nearly impossible to know what a dealer's "actual" cost is on any given car. The best you can do is to get the lowest price possible at the time you're looking to buy.

fightingchance.com will lay it all out for you. You can buy their package for all the latest pricing/inventory/market conditions numbers on the model(s) you're looking at. If you're interested, PM me and I'll email you their strategies/tactics to get the bidding process going in your favor.

FWIW, I used them 2 years ago to save $1,000 on a Corolla vs. the local dealers.

Good Luck,

FC

Edited by Folically_Challenged (01/14/13 07:14 AM)

#7313012 - 01/14/13 04:28 PM Re: Best place to get dealer pricing? [Re: Folically_Challenged]
Oregonmuley Online   content
Campfire Guide

Loc: jennings lodge, oregon
edmunds.com is pretty good for giving you the basic info on the costs.

#7324256 - 01/17/13 01:09 AM Re: Best place to get dealer pricing? [Re: Oregonmuley]
ColdBore Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks for the tips guys.

I ended up doing a little combination of some of the above advice, and settled on a truck at a local dealer. smile

#7325560 - 01/17/13 09:01 AM Re: Best place to get dealer pricing? [Re: ColdBore]
saddlesore Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
I have use the Consumer Report info three times. I don't flash it in fornt of the sales person,but I know what the dollar figures are be fore I go in. Then shop for the best bargain.Just shopping for the best bargain is not a big benift

#7325588 - 01/17/13 09:09 AM Re: Best place to get dealer pricing? [Re: saddlesore]
ppine Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Nevada
Some dealers have a national presence and sell vehicles by volume. Know what price they sell for like the Smith Ford?Dealership in Kellogg, ID.

Armed with this info I walked into my local Ford dealership and found a truck I was interested in. I offered $500 under the dealer invoice. The salelman left for awhile, came back and said we have a deal. That was it.

This was a Ford diesel that was the equivalent of a 2012 today. I like to shop in winter especially on days when it is snowing. I still have the truck a 2002 and last of the 7.3 l engines.

#7328439 - 01/17/13 07:43 PM Re: Best place to get dealer pricing? [Re: ppine]
flyphishr Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Shrewsbury, PA
It's a bit of work and a full days time, but it has saved me money. Say you are looking for a Ford, Go to all the local dealers' lots until you find the exact vehicle you want, say an F150. Sit down with the sales person from THAT Ford dealership. Once you get a bottom line price, tell them you will get back to them, that you want to shop around. Get the VIN # from that vehicle, it's on the window sticker. Take the VIN # to the other Ford dealers and tell them this is the vehicle you want. you will not spend as much time at the other dealers If the first dealer has your payment at $400. Hand him the VIN # and Tell this dealer you want this vehicle and you want it for $390, you have to be aggressive. If you get them down to anything below $400 you saved, now move to the next dealer and do the same. After you get the lowest price from the other ford dealers, go back to the first one and have him beat that price. They usually do, if not, go back to the lowest one. They will get your truck by trading one of their vehicles. If you get you original montly payment down $20 bucks a month, that's $1200 over 5 years. If you only have 1 dealer in your area, you're screwed. cry If you are trading, know what you vehicle is worth and what you want for it. Good Luck!

PS, I pick up my new F150 tomorrow grin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
192 registered (2kuduhunter, 204guy, 257_X_50, 222Rem, 1flier, 309coug, 33 invisible), 880 Guests and 284 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
50833 Members
72 Forums
642190 Topics
9221881 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Berger Hunting Bullets.

Copyright © 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.