Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I don't like talking on the phone while driving, so when I got a phone call today while driving home (to Wisconsin) from work (in Illinois) I turned on a side road and pulled over on the gravel to answer my call. I have a normal plain pickup truck, all up to date, everything legal.

I was talking for a while there on the side of the road when I notice a Ill Lake Co. Sheriff pull up behind me with lights on. I suppose he was just checking things out, which I can understand. He could see me still talking on the phone as he approached, and then I got off the phone as he neared the window.

I had my window down and he asked why I was pulled over here.
I told him I don't talk on the phone while driving, so I pulled over here to take a call.
Then he asked for an ID.

I asked if I was doing anything wrong? He said he could write me up for being illegally parked. I gave him my ID and he went back to his car.

He came back a bit later, and then asked where I was headed.
"Home."

Then he asked where I work.
I'm sure he could tell I was getting agrivated at that line of questioning... I told him where I work.
And then he asked which street that was on (like he didn't believe me).

I was about to start protesting at this questioning, when he said if I didn't like his line of questioning he could just write me up on the illegal parking ticket... mad

I just told him the street name, he gave me my ID back and he said I was free to be on my way.

It felt so much like the Nazis in a snearing voice, "...let me see your papers." mad

Yet another reason why Illinois SUCKS.

Looking back now I wish I would've refused his questioning and just took the ticket.
Maybe he was a disgruntled Bears fan and didn't like my Cheesehead plates. smile

Last edited by BlackFrog; 01/11/13.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Let me relate what happened to me a few months back. Driving from our farm to town with my wife when I got pulled over. The State officer came up to my window whner I had both my drivers license and my carry permit out of mt wallet.

Officer, "Good afternoon, may I see your license."

Me' Good afternoon Officer. I have a concealed carry permit and I am carrying today."

Officer, "Where."

Me' "Right hip."

Officer, "Fine, just leave it there. I stopped you because you have a break light out. You might want to get it fixed. Have a good day."

I am grateful every day I live in the Pac NW.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Pretty disgusting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always feel better when I cross OUT of Illinois.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah.

Thats pretty bad.

IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
You and David Gregory get away with just about anything shocked

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Long story in short,going up RT 17 in NJ in early 90s LEO pulls me over said got any guns with you,I say no he says let me search your truck,I say go for it he found no guns.I say why did you stop me,he says NRA stickers on your tailgate.

So I go on about 5 miles up RT 17,another LEO pulls me over thinking the other LEO may have missed something,he pats me down and searched my truck no gun.

At the time I was working in NJ,so I took the NRA stickers off my tailgate..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
cops are [bleep].

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BlackFrog

Maybe he was a disgruntled Bears fan and didn't like my Cheesehead plates. smile

Nah, just another manage & control dick, more of them than not.

MM

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I once was pulled over on the way home from college with my friends, out in PA. My whole trunk was full of 4 students worth of dirty laundry (hoping mom could clean us up!)

The cop pulls me over, asks us all to get out individually, then wants to know if he can search my trunk. I said "sure" and handed him the keys. It was pretty funny when he popped the lid and had underwear, smelly socks, t-shirts, bras, and all the rest falling all over the side of the road. He took one whiff and pretty much gave up quick. He just handed the keys back and said "get out of here."

I've always assumed he pulled me over due to my bumper sticker at the time: Fight Crime, Shoot Back.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Nah, just another manage & control dick, more of them than not.

Acutally he was a short little dude, so maybe he's had some "short-man's" complex all his life.
Being a cop lets him get away with ordering people around...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No LEO is ever going to get my permission to search my car, my house, or me. Bad enough I have to put up with that schitt from the TSA.

Last edited by FlaRick; 01/11/13.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Swampman700
cops are ass holes.

you are what comes out..........for making a blanket statement like that

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I have a lot of repsect for cops- tough job, I'm sure you have to deal with a ton of a-hole situations.
I wouldn't want to do it, and I'm glad they are out there.

My gripe is the over-reaching Gestapo questioning at times.
And if you don't play along nicely, they can always find some way to make your life expensive and/or time wasted for a while....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are a lot of very good police officers out there.

Then there are the few who are "badge heavy." Unfortunately some of us run into those cops now and then. They are the ones who should not be carrying the badge and the authority that goes with it.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
Looking back now I wish I would've refused his questioning and just took the ticket.

Thats what I would have done, Took the ticket and told him to stuff it.

Never had that happen in Michigan, course it's been 31 years since I've been pulled over, Could be different now.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76
cops are ass holes.

Agreed, Theres plenty of good cops out there. Nobody writes about them they just b1tch about the bad ones.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=Swampman700]cops are all ass holes.

Thanks for making it readable.....

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
There are a lot of very good police officers out there.

Then there are the few who are "badge heavy." Unfortunately some of us run into those cops now and then. They are the ones who should not be carrying the badge and the authority that goes with it.

I used to work (biologist) with a couple of wardens whom we called "badge-happy." The worst was one infamous badge-carrier whom a fellow warden accurately described as "itching to kill somebody." Thank God for small favors! He was definitely unique, and he got his comeuppance � permanently.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

you were too stupid too...had to show the world what a jackass you really are...glad to help with that.

good and bad in every profession...you exemplify the bad in yours apparently.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Agreed, Theres plenty of good cops out there. Nobody writes about them they just b1tch about the bad ones.

Very correct. If a cop is professional and conducts himself respectfully, you never hear about it.
Like my thread here- if that cop was doing his job without the interrogation questioning after the explanation of why I was there, my truck checked out fine, my ID checked out fine, no outstanding warrants, etc... it would have never occurred to me to mention it here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
Let me relate what happened to me a few months back. Driving from our farm to town with my wife when I got pulled over. The State officer came up to my window whner I had both my drivers license and my carry permit out of mt wallet.

Officer, "Good afternoon, may I see your license."

Me' Good afternoon Officer. I have a concealed carry permit and I am carrying today."

Officer, "Where."

Me' "Right hip."

Officer, "Fine, just leave it there. I stopped you because you have a break light out. You might want to get it fixed. Have a good day."

I am grateful every day I live in the Pac NW.

Got to ask. Why would you tell the officer you are carrying? It's really none of their business unless they ask if you are armed.

Questions that do not pertain to why I have been stopped, such as, where are you going, really bother me. I tell them the following. Your question officer, does not pertain to the matter of why you stopped me. Not that I have been stopped much but the officers I have made this statement to really had no reaction and stopped questioning.

Like the OP, my interaction with police officers over the past few years left me feeling the same.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

good and bad in every profession...

I don't have a profession, I have a job. I need to money to pay the frivilous tickets written by ass holes.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

you were too stupid too...had to show the world what a jackass you really are...glad to help with that.

good and bad in every profession...you exemplify the bad in yours apparently.

Need not have bothered, we already knew.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Got stopped in Texas some years back. Cop started to lecture me. I asked him if he was going to write me a citation. He said yes. I said fine. You can give me a ticket or a lecture, but I didn't have to put up with both. I rolled my window up on him.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cops are ass holes.

I'll go a +1 on that one. Lots of friends that are LE. Brother is too. There ARE a number of them out there who truly are a-holes, but, a whole lot more that are not. Kinda like saying all firemen are arsonists......

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by nathanial

Got to ask. Why would you tell the officer you are carrying? It's really none of their business unless they ask if you are armed.

Questions that do not pertain to why I have been stopped, such as, where are you going, really bother me. I tell them the following. Your question officer, does not pertain to the matter of why you stopped me. Not that I have been stopped much but the officers I have made this statement to really had no reaction and stopped questioning.

Like the OP, my interaction with police officers over the past few years left me feeling the same.

In some states it is mandatory, in others it is a courtesy. If he would have run my license he would have known. It was my choice to let him know beforehand. He did not run my license and instead of giving me a load of crap or a ticket he let me know I had a light out and wished me a good day.

So, how was I wrong and how did it cost me?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, how was I wrong and how did it cost me?

Wasn't & it didn't. Most (not saying all) that I've talked to appreciate the gesture. The folks that hand them a CCW with their license and make it known that they are a carrier or are carrying aren't generally the type of people waiting for a clear shot at them.

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by nathanial
Got to ask. Why would you tell the officer you are carrying?

For me, it's because that's the law in OH:

Originally Posted by Ohio's CCW Laws and Application, p.14
If a person is stopped for a law enforcement purpose and is carrying a concealed handgun as a CCW licensee, whether in a motor vehicle or not, he shall inform the law enforcement officer that he is carrying a concealed handgun. If in a vehicle, the licensee shall remain in the vehicle and keep his hands in plain sight at all times. Violating this section of law is a first-degree misdemeanor, and in addition to any other penalty handed down by a court, may result in the suspension of the person�s concealed handgun license for one year.

However, if at the time of the stop the law enforcement officer or an employee of a motor carrier enforcement unit who made the stop had actual knowledge that the licensee has had a CCW license, then the person�s CCW license shall not be suspended for a violation of ORC 2923.16(E)(3). The CCW licensee�s violation will be considered a minor misdemeanor.

I'm inclined to give a cop the benefit of the doubt. I'll keep my hands on the wheel, tell him/her I've got a license & I'm carrying, & ask what instructions that have for me. At this point, I will have done all I can do to put them at ease in a situation where they have no idea what they'll encounter. My bet is that they'll appreciate the gesture, & dispense with any attitude because they know that I'm a good guy, & I'm trying to make their job easier.

I could be wrong, & run into the odd officer with too much purpose in his/her life, or Short Penis Syndrome, or whatever. But I'm betting I'll be right more often than I'm wrong.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Funny!

As two words (correctly), it's OK.

As one "word," it's [bleep] � but not for any "grammatical" reason, of course.

Makes sense! Just like our old high-school librarian who so assiduously black-Sharpied-over the "bad words" in one book that she thus censored-out a reference to a prospector's jackass.

Automatic, mechanical censoring can sure mess things things up. Why, right here on the 'fire, we can't use the Latin word for with (as in " � graduated Magna cum laude from � ") or the common name for the several species of willow (Salix) that are known for their kitten-like catkins. Yet of course we can freely insult, slur, and calumniate each other with impunity.

Ain'tcha glad that we're so civilized?

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Texas DPS Troopers or Highway Patrolmen treat you better here in TX when they find out you have a CHL Permit. I've yet to get a speeding ticket in the 17 years since I got my CHL.

Once they see my permit, it's usually "you need to slow down a little" laugh

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/11/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bleeps are fun. We have a tree in front of our house that sprouts fuzzy blooms this time of year. It is of the smaller species of the genus Salix (willows and sallows) but if I type the common name Pussy Willow... Well you see the results. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott, I think you are talking about a cat tree, right? whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Very good friend and hunter in our camp is young enough to be the baby in my family just got a job as LEO. Guy is 6'XX" and has always wanted to be a LEO because of what he went through in high school. His theory is that he doesn't want to give kids a bad taste for cops unless they REALLY screw up and they he will put the fear of ... in them. Guy is so tall that the county had to order his *jacket* special order. He started the state academy on Monday and cannot wait to talk to him to see what kind of guys he is going through the course with. One super cool kid and I wish him the best. Guys like him few and far between but gets to work in the mountains so is in his own.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Scott, I think you are talking about a cat tree, right? whistle

Yep.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
With those phcuking plates....I'd have written you a ticket.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BlackFrog...

I can see where you were frustrated, but comparing a cop NOT giving you a ticket to the Nazis shows either a tragic misunderstanding of history or a gross overestimation of the seriousness of your situation.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the 1920s, the cop in little Calera, Alabama, had it in for college boys � would ticket 'em for "speeding," whatever their actual vehicular velocity was.

Until a bunch of Auburn students, on their way to Birmingham for a ball game, stopped just outside Calera, pushed their silent car past the smoldering cop, and cranked it up again as soon as they got out of town.

I'm sure that the drive through Calera must be longer now, and for sure cars are heavier today. They weren't much heavier than buggies in those days.

"Good enough" isn't.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
BlackFrog...

I can see where you were frustrated, but comparing a cop NOT giving you a ticket to the Nazis shows either a tragic misunderstanding of history or a gross overestimation of the seriousness of your situation.

I said the Nazi style of over reaching questioning that had nothing to do with the situation,

Where are you going?
Where are you coming from?
Where do you work?
What street is it on?

None of which are any of his business.
Maybe you're ok with that type of questioning to avoid a ticket, but I am not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alays have supported LE wherever we have lived and gladly still do so, but that does not mean I have not encountered a few nasty jerks along the way.

But - this is typical for me: Driving home from airport (200 miles) alone, returning from a family funeral and the last 100 miles are through big lonely country. Just before dark, almost home and eager to get there, and just flying - had no idea how fast I was driving. Rounding a sweeping mountain curve an oncoming state police guy hit me with instant-on radar and my detector buzzed at the same time I saw him flashing his lights at me. Looked at the speedo - triple digits - so I just slowed down and pulled off the road, opened my door, put my feet out on the step bar and just waited.

He came back to the scene, walked up, engaged me in talking to check for drunk, asked if I had a firearm in the truck, and I told him yes, two. The .45 on the dash board and my wife's .38 in the console. He asked why my wife didn't have it and I told him she was left behind an airplane ride away after a funeral. He asked if I was returning from the funeral - yes.

He took all of the usual paperwork back to his car, soon returned and told me that I have a clean record and he is not going to spoil it with this incident, especially since I am local - wrote me a warning but told me that I just cannot drive that big Dodge that fast, even if I am upset and chasing home. Asked me to give my word that I would drive more slowly. I did, and have ever since.

Typical for most out here.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
due to both the wife and i having lead feet we get pulled over pretty regular.....besides numerous times here in Montana we've been pulled over in Wyoming, Colorado, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa and Florida....have yet to run into an arsehole cop during a stop....i just be pleasant and 9 times out of 10 get a warning....

Last edited by rattler; 01/11/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sure this will sound like a jerk BF...But evidently you are OK with those questions to avoid a ticket, because you answered them and avoided the ticket.

The cop was just verifying that your story was legit with the questions. Either that or he's going to stalk you now until you become his gay lover. But I bet he was just verifying your story.

He may have been a jerk, but that's no surprise. Some cops are jerks.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by tzone
With those phcuking plates....I'd have written you a ticket.

smile Cheesehead envy is always funny.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Pulling over to be safe, not really parked, and gets paper? I don't like that much at all. Don't like being fished, even with nothing to hide.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
What you have to consider is what information a cop has that you don't. I did not like working traffic. However, good arrests of really bad guys have originated from traffic stops, Randy Kraft being but one.

Cops look for those who are out of the ordinary. Especially in the morning when people are rushing to work, its common to see drivers eating, shaving, putting on make-up, reading documents while driving, moms trying to get bottles in crying babies' mouths, all of which are illegal. It's the dude that was going far out of his way to not get pulled over that attracted my attention. I once saw a dude on a beach in the summer wearing a long-sleeved jacket. It was obvious that he was hiding track marks. He got my attention. Now had it been winter, I probably wouldn't have looked twice at him.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most police can run your tags with their onboard puters before you can blink. They thus can know if you have CCW or not anyway. If they ask and you deny carrying, you are not off the suspicion hook. They are going to watch you extra close for other 'tells' for bad actors on the chance you are up to no good.

1B

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

L.W.

Usually its the young ones. It takes a few years to become an officer. Until then, they tend to give us older ones a bad rap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do my best to support LEO's. They really have a high pressure, thankless job to perform. I've only had one occurrence where I questioned a cop's actions. My daughter and I are coming home from a softball game and I get pulled over down the street a couple miles from our house. I'm not a speeder, my tags were up to date, and I hadn't crossed the center line or gone off the side of the road. The cop walks up to my door, addresses me by Mr. (Last name). I was a little surprised to hear that, but no big deal. He tells me my driver's license expired 3 days ago. I hadn't realized it-my bad, but my question was, why had he run my license, totally at random when I had done absolutely nothing to raise any suspicion? 'Took care of the license next day-end of story. I thought they had to have some reason or justification to run your license. I'm not real comfortable with them running I.D. checks just because they can.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've never had an issue with a cop, outside of me speeding once and driving with an expired inspection sticker.
I guess that I've been lucky.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This is a true story. I moved my family to Texas back in 1992. We had friends in New Orleans, so we stopped in to visit, then went on our way west on I-10 into Texas. No sooner had we crossed the state line than I was pulled over by a state trooper. He asked for license and registration, which I gave him. Then he said "sir, do you have any firearms in the car?" To which I replied "no."

He got a puzzled look on his face, and said "Oh." "Well, there's a place down here about a half-mile on the right where you can stop and getcha one. Have a nice day."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Illegal to eat while driving? Had no idea. Do it all the time. Why else would they have drive through?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Ain'tcha glad that we're so civilized?

We [bleep]'en ROCK! grin

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I-20 east bound in east Texas. Been driving sixteen hours staight. About 4A.M., my ten year old son asleep with his head in my lap, I see the flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I know what thats about and pull over.

My son wakes up, sees the flashing lights and begins to wag his finger at me saying "I told you not to speed" Troopers looking through my rear window see the lecture I'm getting , just gave me a smile and a warning.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got stopped early one morning just down the road from home. It was cold and I was driving about 45 in a 60 while the engine warmed up. I think the cop wanted an excuse to stop me to see if I was driving slow because I was lit. He found a good one. The road goes from 1 lane to 2 lanes. He stopped me for not signaling which lane I was going into. He didn't give me a ticket but it was plain that not signaling wasn't his reason.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Something kept bugging me about this post when I read it yesterday. We went out to dinner with friends. Husband is still a road patrol officer and wife now runs Central Dispatch. Both agreed that cop was fishing, which may have been somewhat justified. Maybe a BOL for a similar truck, or the cops had been asked to check the area due to previous illegal activity.

One thing that they did agree on was that there would have been no grounds for illegal parking unless it was posted "No stoping, standing or parking". an occupied vehicle is not parked it is standing.

My ONLY negative interaction with LE occured in Illinois as well. Cook Co. SO. I was living in WI and driving to MI for a job interview. morning rush hour on the toll way, I was pulled over for 63 in a 55(I was hanging with heavy traffic and figured I was doing closer to 65). $100 CASH bond was due on the spot, I then had to mail payment of the ticket ($104 +postage)only to recieve a check for my $100.00 bond 60 days later.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most police departments highly encourage drivers to pull over to use cell phones and it's required in some places. If you'd gotten a ticket for doing it, there might be a case for an entrapment plea.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
cops are [bleep].

The way the officer handled the interaction with Blackfrog was wrong. Entirely.

Your statement was funny. Made me think of the old Pot/Kettle thing.

Being an a$$hole yourself, you would know one when you see one.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Illegal to eat while driving? Had no idea. Do it all the time. Why else would they have drive through?

webster,

It falls under distracted driver. A couple years ago CHP cracked down on it. Usually cops don't pay attention to it until drivers swerve or otherwise endanger others while trying to prevent secret sauce from dripping on their crotches, which is really hard for women to explain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
cops are [bleep].

You're an ass hole but that goes without saying. Did I mention that all cops (government minoins)are ass holes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cops are [bleep].

You're an ass hole but that goes without saying. Did I mention that all cops (government minoins)are ass holes.

How do LEO's differ from other Government minions? say members of the armed forces??? Such as members of the 1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983 and the 919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
cops are [bleep].

Educate me, jackass. What is a minoin?

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
cops are [bleep].

It's spelled minion, you idiot.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Dammit Bluedreaux, I was about to challenge him to a spelling contest.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only way a cop is going to search my car, is with a warrant. As I told an officer from the ASO last year who wanted to search my truck for drugs, he could look if he got a warrant.
He said it might take awhile. I told him I was retired, had a bottle of water and a book to read, and to make his call.
He was a real azzwipe about it, but sent me on my way with no search.

Sam......

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Cops have a tough job in the world we live in today,...and it's going to get much tougher as time passes.

They can be a pain in the butt,...no doubt about it,...but I suspect I'd soon turn into a pain in the butt too if I had their job.

In fact,...I doubt that I could do their job, period.

I'd go nuts on some [bleep] someday. I don't have a hell of a lot of patience.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Swampy, let's hear about those frivolous tickets you've had. Details, please.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Swampy sometimes affects a French accent, when he wants to impress his posse.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JeffP40
Swampy, let's hear about those frivolous tickets you've had. Details, please.

Multiple 544's no doubt,....wonky hat violations.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Only way a cop is going to search my car, is with a warrant. As I told an officer from the ASO last year who wanted to search my truck for drugs, he could look if he got a warrant.
He said it might take awhile. I told him I was retired, had a bottle of water and a book to read, and to make his call.
He was a real azzwipe about it, but sent me on my way with no search.

Did you have dope in the car?

Are you a coke mule?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
cops are [bleep].

Such the public servant, working spelling patrol in his off time.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
~~~WOOOOOOOoooooooo~~~

Cop PA: Driver, pull to the curb.

Swampman: What's the deal, officer?

Cop: That hat you're wearing falls into the wonky catagory.

Swampman: It ain't no wonkier than yours!

Cop: That tears it!,...Get out the car,..stand on one leg and recite the book of Revelations while dribbling these two basketballs!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I had a Nebraska State Trooper pull me over recently. He asked for all the usual B.S., which I supplied.

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"I have no idea"
"Your front license plate is missing"
"My son backed into my car last night and broke the cheap plastic rivets holding it on, here it is. Is my rear plate missing too?"
"No, but you have to have both on"
"I need to find someone with the special plastic rivets, so I can reattach them. The dealer doesn't seem to have any right now, I called them this morning."
It's your responsibility to have them properly displayed at all times. I could have your car towed for not having proper plates displayed".
"Well, I am trying to make the repair, but need parts".
"Your insurance card is expired (oops!)".
"I must have forgotten to put the new card in the glovebox, I have other copies at home".
"You're not listed on the state insurance registry, are you sure you even have insurance?".
"Call my agent, her numbers on the card, she'll straighten everything out".
"It's not my responsibility, it's yours, where are you going?"
"Home, I just got off work".
"Where do you work, is there anyone who can vouch for you?"
"Do you want the number to call?"
"No, do you mind if I search your car?"
"For what reason? Do you have probable cause of a crime to search my car?"
"No, it's just routine"
"Then your answer is no. You'll need a warrant to search my car".

He seemed bummed over that, and stalked back to his car, to come back a few minutes later.

"Here is a defect ticket for the license plate, and a ticket for no valid insurance, I could have your car towed for not having insurance or a front license plate"

I went home and called my agent, who called the state patrol and faxed them proof of insurance, so that ticket was dropped. The dealer had already ordered the stupid rivets, and the car was fixed two days later. The game wasn't over yet, I had to find a cop to sign off on my defect ticket. I found a city cop in a parking lot, parked the Explorer in such a way that he could see the front license plate was attached.

"Excuse me officer, could you please sign my ticket?"
He looks at the ticket and busts out laughing...
"You must have got a young one" Still laughing out loud.
"Here you go", and he signed the ticket. I realized later that he didn't even really look at the car at all. He was still laughing when I left.

Some good. Some, not so much... I've always hated dealing with the Nebraska State Patrol, too many of them deeply believe their own bullshit.

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hm. Got pulled over three times in the last 20 years, twice on the Interstate. One ticket for speeding, Dad forgot to tell me they put oversized tires on the truck. Was going 11 over and the trooper knocked it down to 10 so it wouldn't get reported for insurance.

Last time was for the license plate light being out while going past a university town on a holiday, pretext stop for drunk drivers which I don't mind. Was a legitimate stop. State law says you get a warning for the light being out.

Never was asked for proof of insurance, vehicle registration only when I got pulled over for speeding, and never asked to permit a vehicle search. Just a computer check on the plates and my license and a pleasant chat so they can get a sense if something funny is going on. The chat has lead to several dandy drug busts on the Interstate.

I love this state.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Coming from Illinois going toward Wisconsin. With his line of questioning I would say he was looking for drugs. After you answered all his questions correctly and without having different answers for the same question he found out you were harmless and left. It's a technique used to check for drug trafficking and you would be surprised how many good ol boys in pickups that run drugs out of Chicago. Not justifying what he did just telling you what happened.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have to drive across Illinois often. Luckily, it's only about 130 miles across where I travel (I-64), so I gas up in Indiana or Missouri, and don't stop in Illinois except to take a leak. I leave them NO money, and not even any good will.

I can't stand the place, it's just space between where I am, and where I'm going.

Pizzing on the place is all I care to do with it.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by smokepole

Swampy sometimes affects a French accent, when he wants to impress his posse.

Oh, the word is pronounced "min-WAH"!

I still don't know what it is.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I have to drive across Illinois often. Luckily, it's only about 130 miles across where I travel (I-64), so I gas up in Indiana or Missouri, and don't stop in Illinois except to take a leak. I leave them NO money, and not even any good will.

I can't stand the place, it's just space between where I am, and where I'm going.

Pizzing on the place is all I care to do with it.

Which in no way makes you a bad person.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That would be a "minion". We're still trying to figure out what a "minoin" is you old golfcart driving, azz shooting, minion....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Minion wasn't the word you typed in, there professor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Usually pays to spell words correctly before calling others azzholes

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Cops have a tough job in the world we live in today,...and it's going to get much tougher as time passes.

They can be a pain in the butt,...no doubt about it,...but I suspect I'd soon turn into a pain in the butt too if I had their job.

In fact,...I doubt that I could do their job, period.

I'd go nuts on some [bleep] someday. I don't have a hell of a lot of patience.

As a reply to the OP, your reply is bullshit.

Cops acting like a-holes isn't something that should be tolerated by the people. Harassing someone for doing the right thing and driving safely is a big deal. When you take little situations and abuse your authority, you undermine all of you co-workers by eroding the base of respect your profession used to have with the general public.

My one "serious" interaction with the MPD changed me from pro-police to "maybe give them the benefit of the doubt" with a huge emphasis on maybe.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

See also: "A$$ whipper" which is what I'll be should you and I ever bump into one another, regardless of your geriatric, (look that up if you need to) goofball, $hitstain on the underwear of humanity, status.

Keep it up, and I'll crimp your oxygen tube.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You seem smart enough to figure it out. Of course I might be wrong.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

See also: "A$$ whipper" which is what I'll be should you and I ever bump into one another, regardless of your geriatric, (look that up if you need to) goofball, $hitstain on the underwear of humanity, status.

Keep it up, and I'll crimp your oxygen tube.

Yawn.....

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
wink

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by goalie

As a reply to the OP, your reply is bullshit.

My one "serious" interaction with the MPD changed me from pro-police to "maybe give them the benefit of the doubt" with a huge emphasis on maybe.

Yeah,..but you're a Minnesota yankee.

Ain't nothing up there in that frozen wasteland but yankee azzholes.

Why would you expect yankee cops to be any different?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I mean, "duh",..yanno?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Damn yankees runnin' around up there,...givin' each other the finger,..sayin' "fug you" instead of "good morning".

Then some yankee cop pulls 'em over and they start cryin' about how he's an azzhole.

You live in an azzhole part of the country.

Deal widdit.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah,...I know that a buncha southern folks are readin' this but are too polite to comment.

They're like,... "Well,...after all,...they're yankees,..bless their hearts."

Fug that.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A tip of the hat, Bristoe. Thou hast told it as it is.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
You been ta Michigan too,...ain't ya?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Unfortunately.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I live on a Right of Way. There are no city laws governing the usage of it. I work for the power company that owns it & have a letter of right to use it in my home file.

Inevitably, there are three home owners that absolutely object to anyone being back there. So, they call the law on me on a regular basis. Every time the cop does a drive by as required. Every now & then he'll stop, tell me he is simply following orders & remarks that he's done his duty and moves on.

I have had nothing but good encounters with my local law enforcement. I am sure they'll keep up the good work.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
For the most part, Reloader, we ass holes are just trying to do a job. Hope all is well in your world today.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
cops are ass holes.

This is true, but they are in a position to royally EFF with people and do so quite regularly. The NJ route 17/NRA sticker story and side of road cell phone story from the OP are commonplace.

Been pulled over for having an ARPCNJ (range) sticker. If I had a pro abortion sticker would they check my car for a bloody fetus?

Lotta good cops of course.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
For the most part, Reloader, we ass holes are just trying to do a job. Hope all is well in your world today.

Crimson, I got pulled over today in rural NJ. Chatted for a bit, and have to say it was the smoothest least problematic stop/questioning I've had.

Drive back to suburbia or heaven forbid the city, a short 40 minute drive, and its quite different. I bet it has to do with the clientelle (sp?) that applies fo rthe various depts.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

AMEN and I grew up there, I am southern by choice and will stay so.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah,...I know that a buncha southern folks are readin' this but are too polite to comment.

They're like,... "Well,...after all,...they're yankees,..bless their hearts."

Fug that.

I still love you Bristoe.................. grin

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Crockett,

I am glad to hear that your stop went well. In 18 years I have had stops go all kinds of different directions.

I was blessed on more than one occasion to make aquaintance with folks who would later become friends.

I always let the people I stopped dictate the approach I took with them. I've always tried to treat people as good as they let me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

Crimson, I got pulled over today in rural NJ. Chatted for a bit, and have to say it was the smoothest least problematic stop/questioning I've had.

Drive back to suburbia or heaven forbid the city, a short 40 minute drive, and its quite different. I bet it has to do with the clientelle (sp?) that applies fo rthe various depts.

Years ago, I pulled over a guy from my town with an original 427 AC Cobra for doing 60 in a 25. He figured he was screwed, but I wanted to know more about the car, so long story short, he popped the hood, and we chatted about the car's history, who restored it and what other cars he had. We been friend's ever since.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by T LEE

AMEN and I grew up there, I am southern by choice and will stay so.

...and you're welcome to it. grin

Ive been to all but Hawaii and am content where I am. FWIW, I'm not familiar with the finger vs good morning thing. Must be one of those regional generalizations that folks get twisted about when us damnyankees use 'em.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Unfortunately.

By the way,...you're liable to write me up here directly.

I'm prone to go stompin' up and down I-75 on my Harley own sunny days.

If you wanna catch me,..hang out close to the Clay's Ferry bridge.

I like to wind it up to 95 or so and go swoopin' down the curve that leads into the bridge goin' north.

I'll be on the inside lane all leaned back and wearin' a grimace.

2009 Super Glide,...black with silver panels,...old grey haired fug who oughtta know better at the controls.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'll know it's you when I see that contraption on the throttle....

I am a post district South of there. When the weather warms up and you make it down to Cumberland calls to see the Moonbow, give me a yell. I'll buy you a beer.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'll take it,...and buy the following round.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I did. He stopped me for a cause, he told me to get it fixed, he wished me a good day, and he drove off. Nice guy doing his job. I am glad he is out there and I am glad he is doing his job.

I have written here about a bunch of good interactions between officers and myself.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I get called in the office all the time and told that I have an attitude. Truth is I do.have an attitude when I am working as I see it it isn't an equal playing field. When I am dealing with someone at work I don't know who they are, why they are doing what they are doing what they are doing it for. Therefore when I make contact. I set a tone of body language and voice that says I am in charge. I do this for your safety as much as mine. And yes typically I ask more questions than is needed on stops because, and this may come as a shocker but some people lie to cops.

Personally and from my own experience, msot people who relay that an officer was rude to them it usually is a reflection of their own behavior and tone. And most people don't even know they were rude, they don't do it on purpose, its natural to them to act that way because they are being inconvenienced. I want it to.be clear from the get go that I am in charge and that is for my safety as well as yours. And while you may be slightly inconvenienced, and maybbe doing nothing wrong. Then next guy that I stop and give the same line of questioning to, may just be a drunk driver or something else. Keep this in mind. It isn't all about you!!

You may think We are rude, or being an azzhole or whatever I see it as making sure I get to hug my family at night

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yep, you did, Scott. I appreciate you taking the time.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not bad for a damned Yankee. grin

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

You ain't a yankee. You're a Pacific Northwesterner.

Yankees are azzholes.

Pacific Northwesterners are insane.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I get called in the office all the time and told that I have an attitude. Truth is I do.have an attitude when I am working as I see it it isn't an equal playing field. When I am dealing with someone at work I don't know who they are, why they are doing what they are doing what they are doing it for. Therefore when I make contact. I set a tone of body language and voice that says I am in charge. I do this for your safety as much as mine. And yes typically I ask more questions than is needed on stops because, and this may come as a shocker but some people lie to cops.

Personally and from my own experience, msot people who relay that an officer was rude to them it usually is a reflection of their own behavior and tone. And most people don't even know they were rude, they don't do it on purpose, its natural to them to act that way because they are being inconvenienced. I want it to.be clear from the get go that I am in charge and that is for my safety as well as yours. And while you may be slightly inconvenienced, and maybbe doing nothing wrong. Then next guy that I stop and give the same line of questioning to, may just be a drunk driver or something else. Keep this in mind. It isn't all about you!!

You may think We are rude, or being an azzhole or whatever I see it as making sure I get to hug my family at night

So I have a break light out and you stop me. I greet you with both hands in sight, a smile on my face, my license already out along with my CCL. I say "Good morning Officer. I have a concealed carry permit in my home state but I am not carrying today. How would like me to proceed?"

Would you still treat me the same way?

Last edited by Scott F; 01/12/13.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

So I have a break light out and you stop me. I greet you with both hands in sight, a smile on my face, my license already out along with my CCL. I say "Good morning Officer. I have a concealed carry permit in my home state but I am not carrying today. How would like me to proceed?"

First,...get out the car and stand on one leg,...then sing Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody".

If you cain't do that,..you need to move out of the Pacific Northwest.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Scott be standin' on one leg on the side of some Washington highway, talkin' bout,..

"I ain't drunk, dammit,...listen here"

~~~I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scara-mouch!, scara-mouch! - will you do the fandango?~~~

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
With both a back injury and constant vertigo you have a much better chance of flapping your arms and flying to Mars. Then there is my singing. Trust me, you do NOT want to go there. grin

But I was trying to make a point. An officer has a job to do and if it was not a dangerous job then why would he be armed. So my point is I am guessing 99% of a bad stop is reaction to the actions and the attitudes of the person being stopped.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Washington cop'll say to his partner,..

"Well,...Freddy Mercury ain't got chit on this'un. I guess we gotta let him go."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
laugh

If it works, it works.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Cops'll be a half mile down the road.

Scott still be standin' there on one leg,..

~~~Mama Mia, Mama Mia, Mama Mia lemme go~~~

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Cops'll be a half mile down the road.

Scott still be standin' there on one leg, laying on the ground with a busted nose from when he fell over.

~~~Mama Mia, Mama Mia, Mama Mia lemme go~~~

Fixed it for you.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Originally Posted By: gitem_12

As a good ole Canuckian i would have to say, that if you have to be a dink and establish "dominance" on every traffic stop you should make buddies with Ceasar Milan and hang up your badge. I have been pulled over in both the states and numerous times in Canada as a youngster having fun. Never a negative experiance but i think that is mostly because im a nice, non-confrontational guy.

Fuzzyone

Pardon my fat fingered I-phone typing
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I never said I had to be a dink. But I'm usually very short commented and speak directly and to a point. I'm not condescending or belittling just direct and to the point.

Scott I'm usually very appreciative when people volunteer their carry permit to me. I tend to be less appreciative when I see the gun and have not been told about it. However my current job task generally puts me in contact with "socially undesirables". I actually had a conversation with a guy I stopped last night for a headlight out. Who carries a tiger single action for CCW.

Generally speaking, posture and "attitude" will reflect yours towards me. But I'm not their to be your friend I have a job to do and quite frankly as long as I make it home safely I.can live with hurting some feelings.

Last edited by gitem_12; 01/12/13.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So, the way I read it your response is related to the actions and the attitudes and actions of the person being stopped just like almost every other person on earth.

I was always suspicious cops were just real people. grin

Kind of goes back to the golden rule doesn't it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here is how a normal stop starts for.me. once vehicle is stopped I will take a few seconds to watch the occupants. Then I will walk up the side of the vehicle I feel safest on, taking care to touch the trunk lid of cars to.make sure they are closed. Standing quartered towards the vehicle in line with the B post I will start dialogue. Me: good morning,(evening,afternoon). I am Officer, (my name) with (My Dept). Do you know why I stopped you?. I'll wait for your answer, then I will ask for license, registration, and insurance. Then I will usually make some dialogue by asking how you're doing, or where you're heading. Then let you set the tone of how the rest of the encounter will transpire.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'd love to tell you that I have a "robot" mode and everyone gets the same speech in the same tone of voice, but we all know that's not the case.

If the conversation starts "Why the [bleep] did you pull me over, don't you have anything better to do!" it simply becomes "professional". "License and registration please. The reason I'm stopping you is because you were travelling 46 mph in a posted 30 mph zone. Is there any emergency that I need to be aware of? Thank you, sir, stay in your car and I'll be right back." If I get the "average" motorist, there will probably be a little conversation. If it's a "townie" that I know from the store or whatever we'll probably shoot the bull for a bit before I conduct run a check.

Attitude does not, however, sway my decision to ticket or not in the negative. If I decided to issue a warning when I stopped the vehicle I will not issue a ticket just because they turned out to be an azzhole. I have, and will, go the opposite direction, though.

George

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sounds right to me. About what I did forty years ago when I was a cop.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nh, that's funny you mention the " stay in your vehicle". I had a guy learn the hard way last night that I.meant exactly that. After the third time I told him to stay in his truck he told me to GFY. And started walking back towards my Tahoe again. Yappin about how he used to be a pro boxer and I was gettin what was coming to me. Ex boxers are no.match for tasers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If saftey is your main concern change careers. I'm sure the private sector has lots of positions for a guy that is very short commented and not out to make friends.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Nh, that's funny you mention the " stay in your vehicle". I had a guy learn the hard way last night that I.meant exactly that. After the third time I told him to stay in his truck he told me to GFY. And started walking back towards my Tahoe again. Yappin about how he used to be a pro boxer and I was gettin what was coming to me. Ex boxers are no.match for tasers.

You ain't no cop.

You're an accountant fer Bed, Bath, and Beyond,...executive in charge of the shower curtain division.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by NH K9
Attitude does not, however, sway my decision to ticket or not in the negative. If I decided to issue a warning when I stopped the vehicle I will not issue a ticket just because they turned out to be an azzhole. I have, and will, go the opposite direction, though.George

I worked as a rescue diver/EMT/FF on the local marine patrol boat and the Sgt I worked with (great guy/cop) said exactly the same thing as you George. He'd not let someone talk themselves into or out of a ticket.

Good for you!...that's respectable.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Oh I love taser stories, Please tell more.......

I love these bad azz dudes that think there gonna show the cop whos the boss and a little jolt of electricity takes em' to the ground, pizzin' they're pants and wailing for momma.

One thing they don't realize is that in the days before tasers they just might have been shot.

Last edited by 12344mag; 01/12/13.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd love to tell you that I have a "robot" mode and everyone gets the same speech in the same tone of voice, but we all know that's not the case.

If the conversation starts "Why the [bleep] did you pull me over, don't you have anything better to do!" it simply becomes "professional". "License and registration please. The reason I'm stopping you is because you were travelling 46 mph in a posted 30 mph zone. Is there any emergency that I need to be aware of? Thank you, sir, stay in your car and I'll be right back." If I get the "average" motorist, there will probably be a little conversation. If it's a "townie" that I know from the store or whatever we'll probably shoot the bull for a bit before I conduct run a check.

Attitude does not, however, sway my decision to ticket or not in the negative. If I decided to issue a warning when I stopped the vehicle I will not issue a ticket just because they turned out to be an azzhole. I have, and will, go the opposite direction, though.

George

Somehow I already knew that about you.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Damn bristoe, you saw right through me... So I guess I should refund all the money from the Boro that I'm employed by

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Personally mag I hate tasers. I've never hurt so.bad in my life than when I took a hit, getting qualified.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Damn bristoe, you saw right through me... So I guess I should refund all the money from the Boro that I'm employed by

I can just see ya throwin' down on some shopper,...

"HANDS ON YOUR HEAD,....BACK AWAY FROM THE QUEEN SIZE FITTED SHEETS!"

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
RETIREMENT!!! Where are you??????

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
13 years away before I reach the 25 mark. 23 years before I'm.at minimum age.

Last edited by gitem_12; 01/12/13.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
About 6 months for me. Did you ever drive a police car with a metal bumper?

Kidding friend. Keep yourself safe out there.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
RETIREMENT!!! Where are you??????

toolmaker limbo,....where I've been since the beginning.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Dammit, B. We gotta start a School Security business while the getting is good. You bring one of those old .32's of yours and maybe a 99 savage, and I'll bring my old double barrel.

The babies will study safely and we'll make regular deposits.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

No. Did you ever have to use a call box? (my Chief would have had me ask you that)

I have spent my entire career in the "current" Crown Vic.

Oh, yeah, 9 years until I have my age and only a CH over 6 until I have my time. I doubt I'll go when I'm eligible 'cause I still enjoy what I do regardless of the azzholes!

George

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Me and schools have always been oil and water.

Just arm the 3rd graders and be done with it.

At Forrestdale in '64,..the 3rd graders were badass,....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Crismon, nope. But my Tahoe has a ranchand style brush guard/bumper. I did however use a revolver in the academy.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I was well on my way to Eddyville in the 3rd grade.

Fortunately, Mrs Flowers beat me half to death with her socko paddle for pushin' Jessica Clements in the crawdad hole and ended my life of crime.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

No. Did you ever have to use a call box? (my Chief would have had me ask you that)

I have spent my entire career in the "current" Crown Vic.

Oh, yeah, 9 years until I have my age and only a CH over 6 until I have my time. I doubt I'll go when I'm eligible 'cause I still enjoy what I do regardless of the azzholes!

George

Brother they don't mount call boxes on hickory trees....I have worked three counties by myself though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Texas DPS Troopers or Highway Patrolmen treat you better here in TX when they find out you have a CHL Permit. I've yet to get a speeding ticket in the 17 years since I got my CHL.

Once they see my permit, it's usually "you need to slow down a little" laugh

Mirrors my own experience,... to a T.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Crismon, nope. But my Tahoe has a ranchand style brush guard/bumper. I did however use a revolver in the academy.

Points for the wheelgun my friend. I wish they'd let me drop a magnum back in my belt.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My first car was the last of the caprice classics.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I still carry a 2 inch Taurus off duty quite a bit. Our duty guns are Glock 37 45 gaps.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My first car was a 1991 Ford Crown Victoria. I did drive one of those 1991 Caprices for awhile though.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I still carry a 2 inch Taurus off duty quite a bit. Our duty guns are Glock 37 45 gaps.

We run G35's and G27's. We don't get to pick our Off Duty guns.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
If that car was new I was a freshman in high school grin .

george

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We have G39 as back ups but we can qualify and carry personal weapons should we choose to.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Dammit. Nah, I got started in 1995 with the State Police. I worked part time with my local Sheriff's office starting in 1993, then did a short stint at my hometown PD before getting on with the KSP.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
cops are [bleep].

Nope in his case it's spelled MORON!!!!!!

wink

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I sort of like this Tahoe, especially cab room. And it will out run the explorers we had.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My first car was a 1991 Ford Crown Victoria. I did drive one of those 1991 Caprices for awhile though.

So, I guess my driving a '74 Plymouth Gran Fury Police Interceptor with the 440 really makes me a dinosaur! grin

Oh, and carrying my own .357.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 01/12/13.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Officer Methusalah, your input is not germaine to this conversation.....

smile

Last edited by CrimsonTide; 01/12/13.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
By the way, I was born in '72.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

So, I guess my driving a '74 Plymouth Gran Fury Police Interceptor with the 440 really makes me a dinosaur! grin

Oh, and carrying my own .357.

Ed

Laffin'....yes you are a relic, sir!

I'm thinking my Boss still has you beat, though it may be close.

George

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Ed starts this stuff, and then Terry shows up, talking about how hard it was to keep the powder dry under his frizzen......

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bet they didn't even get uniform allowances for new buckskins

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You get the drift....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yankees are azzholes.

Hay I resemble that remark I'm 49% INSANE/49% AZZHOLE and the other 2% can swing either way just depends on the day just ask the wife.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by W7ACT

Yankees are azzholes.

Hay I resemble that remark I'm 49% INSANE/49% AZZHOLE and the other 2% can swing either way just depends on the day just ask the wife.

Southerners keep hounds,..yankees have some kinda foo-foo dog,..

A Pacific Northwesterner sticks a pic up of a stray Llama that they took in.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Be talkin' 'bout,.."He's a spitter but we love him just the same."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Be talkin' 'bout,.."He's a spitter but we love him just the same."

Which brings us to Kentucky Boys saying SHE'S a spitter but I love her just the same....

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
lolol,....that can be fixed.

You just got to pinch their nose closed.

,...same principal as givin' pills to puppies.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
That's what I been hearin'....

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Her: Why are you queedin' my node?

Me: It'll be aw-ite,..just relax.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yankees are azzholes.

Nope, No Llamas here, just a few Lil Mexican Bean Bandits but you've got a point there as I do believe that Scott F does have that Llama running around there at Compass Rose Farm and yes by the way I do know about the hounds as I lived in the South in the late '50's through the early '70's.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Same policy, different uniform.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
So here's one of my stories.....a couple of years ago my wife had a day long class in Great Falls and we drove up the previous day since her class day would start early. I would fiddle fart around while she was in class. I wound up getting back to where her classes were when I ran out of things to do and sure enough her classes ran about 45 minutes late also. Once she got out we headed down the road. I was antsy to get going and we were driving on 2 lane roads toward Eddies Corner. We hit a long uphill stretch with 3 lanes in it so I hit the gas pretty good so I could pass a stretch of cars and 18 wheelers. It worked real good and I was feeling like we were getting somewhere when I look in the rear view and see the flashing lights meant for me. Aw crap, says I. Do you know how embarrassing it is when all the people you passed in the last 5 miles are now passing you with the HP now talking to you through the window? Hello sir, may I see your license and registration please?
Hi officer, here you go...there is also my concealed carry there also.
Are you carrying today sir?
Yes officer,right hip with 2 spare mags on the left hip.
Are you a former LE officer?
No sir.
Do you know how fast you were going back there on that uphill?
Big grin on my face....Yes, probably about 85 or so.
Ok, I'll be back shortly.
He goes back to car to check me out.....nothing to find since I lead a boring life. I also always keep both my hands on the steering wheel when he approaches so that he doesn't get nervous. When it's all said and done I got a warning and rolled on down the road with no problems. He was courteous and calm when I told him about my sidearm and all was good. Neither I or my wife look like criminals in our '96 Subaru.....so maybe that helps a bit as well as my short hair. But mostly, I believe, it's because we live in Montana.
grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I CALL.BS...no way does a 96 suburu do 85, lol

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I CALL.BS...no way does a 96 suburu do 85, lol

It will do the speed, but one reason I try to get from point a to b as quick as possible is because after about 2 hours in that seat I can't hardly move. After a day of driving you kind of wish a car jacker would take it off your hands. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
had a state trooper pull me over one night, asked if i knew how fast i was going. I told him no my dash light wasn't working. He saw a almost empty 12 pack on the passenger seat and asked me how much i had had, told him about 3-4 while i was fishing earlier. He said OK I want you to follow me, I'll get you up to 55 and you keep at that speed till you get into town. I thanked him and followed him till he turned off. He was a Sargent that had a reputation for being a hard ass, i must of caught him in a good mood that night.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Yankees are azzholes.

Nope, No Llamas here, just a few Lil Mexican Bean Bandits but you've got a point there as I do believe that Scott F does have that Llama running around there at Compass Rose Farm and yes by the way I do know about the hounds as I lived in the South in the late '50's through the early '70's.

OK, I think I may be at least a little guilty on this one. We have two llamas to keep the coyotes and stray dogs at bay.

But I have owned and run hounds several times in my life. In Oregon I hunted behind some great hounds bear hunting. Tagged three and treed at least a dozen during pursuit season before the green libratards stopped hound hunting.

Nothing in the world like hound music.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Well,...since you're a nice guy we'll let it pass.

Besides,..I never said bein' insane was a *bad* thing.

Some of my best friends should be institutionalized,...but they're not boring.

I can tolerate insane people,...but boring people drive me up the wall.

They'll be wantin' to talk about that Amish Mafia show and stuff.

Meanwhile,...one of my insane friends is balancin' a mop on his nose while burpin' the Star Spangled Banner.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"You ain't no cop. You're an accountant fer Bed, Bath, and Beyond,...executive in charge of the shower curtain division."

Dang it Bristoe, you crack me up,,, put me down as one of your biggest fans.

Wake up, smell the politician, and re-elect nobody.

"Nee how,nega bin da" (Mandarin: "Hello,dumb a$$)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got a ticket once for impersonating a NASCAR driver..

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,861
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.