-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was a coyote, if that makes you feel any better.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drop the Boxer, and just get right in those shorts.

I'm reminded of the ol' town drunk, who wouldn't leave the tavern after the bartender had repeatedly warned him, "you've had too much, you're done". As the lush finally wobbled to the door, he'd sweep his arm back towards the crowd inside and bellow, "I'M DONE! I'VE HAD TOO MUCH", and then stumble on out into the night.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Have 4 25-06's love every one ;however, the heavy .243 bullets and the short action make it a better choice. Best choice is have several of both!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by starsky
According to the charts... you guys are arguing over about 4" of drift at 900 yards... Just pick one and go shoot.

I'm not really arguing either way. Just saying that the .243 doesn't take a backseat to the .25-06, ballistically speaking, even though it costs less in powder, recoil, blast, bullet price, it fits in a short action, etc.

Bump that .243 to AI and get the 105's to 3250fps, and you're really laughing!

But my longest shot on an animal was 942 yards, and was taken with a .25-06 and 100gr MK, so I really have no complaints about the .25, either wink

Oh there's no flies on the .243 or the AI version of same. No doubt about that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm with Menefee here.

My sister's 25/06 accounted for a nice pile of dead schit this year, but I'm cobbling together a 243 right now to shoot 105s. I can tell you right now which one will likely get shot more.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
According to the charts... you guys are arguing over about 4" of drift at 900 yards... Just pick one and go shoot.

I'm not really arguing either way. Just saying that the .243 doesn't take a backseat to the .25-06, ballistically speaking, even though it costs less in powder, recoil, blast, bullet price, it fits in a short action, etc.

But my longest shot on an animal was 942 yards, and was taken with a .25-06 and 100gr MK, so I really have no complaints about the .25, either wink

What is a .243 AI?
That is very good performance with a 25-06, a very lucky
shot in any case. You certainly weren't aiming but just a
lob. How much did you compensate? 3 ft?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tanner,

Don't laugh, but I bought a Ruger American Rifle (9 twist) just to play with those bullets. 22" tube, but the mag box (on mine) measures 2.90". I've shot it with a couple other bullets and its a shooting machine. Should be fun.

We'll see how it turns out with the 105?

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

What is a .243 AI?

LOL. The crosshairs were right on the intended POI, if that helps.

I don't have the rifle or the dope chart anymore, but it would have been about 20MOA of drop, which is about 16 feet at that range.

.243 Ackley Improved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mako25
Drop the Boxer, and just get right in those shorts.

I'm reminded of the ol' town drunk, who wouldn't leave the tavern after the bartender had repeatedly warned him, "you've had too much, you're done". As the lush finally wobbled to the door, he'd sweep his arm back towards the crowd inside and bellow, "I'M DONE! I'VE HAD TOO MUCH", and then stumble on out into the night.

grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
Originally Posted by ltppowell

No offense, but the absolute last bullet I want is one that can be recovered from a whitetail deer.

No offense taken. Bullets are unpredictable at times. Most BST's I've used have been complete pass through's on Whitetails and hogs. This happened to be one that wasn't. Don't care though as it resulted in a dead deer. Fwiw, one of my lease partners whacked a big doe in the shoulder with a 130 TSX from his 270. Guess what? Bullet didn't exit.

Everybody knows a 270 is a terrible deer cartridge !! laugh

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

What is a .243 AI?

LOL. The crosshairs were right on the intended POI, if that helps.

I don't have the rifle or the dope chart anymore, but it would have been about 20MOA of drop, which is about 16 feet at that range.

.243 Ackley Improved.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That shot is a story in itself.

As far as the AI, Ackley Improved, there is a long running
farce of a thread, with a record amount of posts on the Fire.

Now it seems the .243, has an AI, modification, but the 25.06 does not
need "Ackley".

"Just learn how to shoot your rifle". Now that should be the
next best slogan here on this site.

Last edited by Farmboy1; 01/17/13.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
Boxer,

You sure are an angry little man. Forget to take you meds this morn?

Anyway, thanks again for proving my original point with your diarrhea, errr, diatribe. Obviously reading comprehension isn't part of your Schtick!

In regard to the 240 Weatherby. Thanks for your recommendations and input, but I have no desire for custom dies, fire formed brass, etc.. I can afford Weatherby brass, so fu#k you! wink

'fan,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however it bests suits your Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumbphucktitude. I getta kick outta you Texans,who are all hat and no Ranch! I bet your Spanish is fluenter than [bleep]. Laffin'!

Was purty angry all day,as I bumped some nice feesh like I do on the typical Cast & Blast...but I'd left my 1D3/17-40 in my crummy,forgot the G-12 at the house and didn't have a rifle or a knife either. Give or [bleep] take. I'll even letcha practice more of your Pretend,as you Imagine how to subtend. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Anywhoooo...I'm all ears on how the first poke of ANY brass,within ANY given chamber it has never been fired in prior(SAAMI or otherwise),is NOT a fireforming shot?!!? Your pointy boots and Mall Ninja belt buckle have quelled enough bloodflow,that you's now under the delusion that Wby Factory brass is a good place to be,which is of course funnier than [bleep]! Doubly hilarious in 240'by. Lookin' forward to your dissertation on headspace control,upon them initial fireform pokes,as that too will be funnier than [bleep]. I'd mention sumptin' about tossing that most foolish of [bleep] belts,drive a 6-06 of like capacity and drive a false shoulder in conjunction with a kiss...but the [bleep] sparks would be flyin' offa' your tinfoil hat. Laffin'!

As an aside,it weren't my intent to horn you up,but as per always...you'll wanna start things off by [bleep] yourself,mainly because you'll get more poozy that way.

I hope you believe in reincarnation,as it'd take you 15 lifetimes,to amass a first [bleep] clue.

Wow +P+.

starsky,

You ain't none too [bleep] bright either. Easy to keep SAAMI 243Win/105 900yd drift wellllllllllll shy of the dope you smoke.

It ain't not never a hoot,to let you simpleton dumbphucks flaunt your Imaginations.

'maniac,

You are far better suited like the two previous [bleep] idiots addressed prior,to be asking questions,rather than giving "answers".

Here's hopin' Stupid hurts.

Tejano,

The 25-06 is louder,burns more powder and recoils more.

None of which are a function of downrange boolisteaks.

Hint.

'25,

Why is it that you Do Nothing Dumbphucks are always in such a [bleep] haste,to cram things in your mouths and azzes?!!? Purse your pouty lip,shut the [bleep] up,take notes and apply same...if only because it will help your game.

Though admittedly,it do crack me the [bleep] up,when you [bleep] idiots refrain refreshment,after having been led to water.

Lookin' forward to your next whine.

'smoker,

I hear good things about Rugers and 105's.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/JanRRBadOtterB.jpg[/img]

Hint.(grin)

farmboy,

You just might be the dumbest [bleep] yet and that ain't no small feat.

Congratulations?!!?

May as well fuel your Imagination too...beings it's all any of you dumbphuckers have got.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/HaulingAss.jpg[/img]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Tanner,

Don't laugh, but I bought a Ruger American Rifle (9 twist) just to play with those bullets. 22" tube, but the mag box (on mine) measures 2.90". I've shot it with a couple other bullets and its a shooting machine. Should be fun.

We'll see how it turns out with the 105?
Heck man, I guarantee it'll stabilize the 105s, and if it does, you've got yourself the perfect truck rig. A 2.9" box does not suck at all either!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Boxer -- two questions;

Which powder for the 105?
Did McMillan inlet the stock on the Ruger?

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Holy [bleep] theres a bunch of stupid in this thread.

Next folks will be saying 14T .22-250s nip at the heels of 8-9T .223s.....

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
Holy [bleep] theres a bunch of stupid in this thread.

Next folks will be saying 14T .22-250s nip at the heels of 8-9T .223s.....

classy comment...Must be tough when no one is as smart as you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're nothin' to me sis', and I mean nothin.'

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Tanner,

Keep in mind that mag confines are but a single facet. Throating has to jive with same,in order to ring the bell.

Ruger do nice things in that regard,as per their 243Win offerings.

'smoker,

In a SAAMI 243Win I'm most often in '22 Mode,though '17 rates a thunk. I've long looked to sidestep '19,but do gun it in a few applications separate thus far from the crux here.

At that time McMillan declined to inlet A5's for 77's,though that tune has obviously changed.

archie,

Don't be too hard on the gals,as they are simply doing the best they can,with what incredibly [bleep] little they have to work with. Things only make sense,to them who have sense...which is of course a right reliable recipe for hilarity. One gets to readily discern them who've a clue,from them that don't. Imagination and Pretend will never bear much fruit,but it IS [bleep] funny!

Tell one of them pointy headed dumbphucks that there's a new cartridge being unveiled,that will fall shy of 30-06 downrange boolisteaks and uses a longer action,burns more powder,adds more recoil,costs more to boot and is harder on barrels in the process and the whining [bleep] would scream like gut shot cats. Poke the shoe on the other foot and the ignorant dumbphucks champion the notion. Funny schit!

People crack me the [bleep] up.

'texas,

Hilarious that you are powerless to refrain a Whine,though I see you's a bit gun shy in the particulars associated things germane the crux.

You were really doing "well' there for a spell.

Laffin'!

Mako',

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you please.

Mebbe do a pointy boot stomp on your hat,hold your breath and you'll feel better about your incredible dumbphucktitude.

If only it were that easy for you,to get the cure.

Laffin'!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Boxer

'texas,

Hilarious that you are powerless to refrain a Whine,though I see you's a bit gun shy in the particulars associated things germane the crux.

You were really doing "well' there for a spell.

Laffin'!

'oxer

Pathetic that you are powerless to refrain from playing your childish game of insulting everyone. Pitiful little man...

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

349 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 30 invisible), 2,738 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.