Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
For the most part, Reloader, we ass holes are just trying to do a job. Hope all is well in your world today.

Crimson, I got pulled over today in rural NJ. Chatted for a bit, and have to say it was the smoothest least problematic stop/questioning I've had.

Drive back to suburbia or heaven forbid the city, a short 40 minute drive, and its quite different. I bet it has to do with the clientelle (sp?) that applies fo rthe various depts.

Years ago, I pulled over a guy from my town with an original 427 AC Cobra for doing 60 in a 25. He figured he was screwed, but I wanted to know more about the car, so long story short, he popped the hood, and we chatted about the car's history, who restored it and what other cars he had. We been friend's ever since.

BP-B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by T LEE
A tip of the hat, Bristoe. Thou hast told it as it is.

AMEN and I grew up there, I am southern by choice and will stay so.

...and you're welcome to it. grin

Ive been to all but Hawaii and am content where I am. FWIW, I'm not familiar with the finger vs good morning thing. Must be one of those regional generalizations that folks get twisted about when us damnyankees use 'em.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Unfortunately.

By the way,...you're liable to write me up here directly.

I'm prone to go stompin' up and down I-75 on my Harley own sunny days.

If you wanna catch me,..hang out close to the Clay's Ferry bridge.

I like to wind it up to 95 or so and go swoopin' down the curve that leads into the bridge goin' north.

I'll be on the inside lane all leaned back and wearin' a grimace.

2009 Super Glide,...black with silver panels,...old grey haired fug who oughtta know better at the controls.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'll know it's you when I see that contraption on the throttle....

I am a post district South of there. When the weather warms up and you make it down to Cumberland calls to see the Moonbow, give me a yell. I'll buy you a beer.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'll take it,...and buy the following round.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Agreed, Theres plenty of good cops out there. Nobody writes about them they just b1tch about the bad ones.

I did. He stopped me for a cause, he told me to get it fixed, he wished me a good day, and he drove off. Nice guy doing his job. I am glad he is out there and I am glad he is doing his job.

I have written here about a bunch of good interactions between officers and myself.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I get called in the office all the time and told that I have an attitude. Truth is I do.have an attitude when I am working as I see it it isn't an equal playing field. When I am dealing with someone at work I don't know who they are, why they are doing what they are doing what they are doing it for. Therefore when I make contact. I set a tone of body language and voice that says I am in charge. I do this for your safety as much as mine. And yes typically I ask more questions than is needed on stops because, and this may come as a shocker but some people lie to cops.

Personally and from my own experience, msot people who relay that an officer was rude to them it usually is a reflection of their own behavior and tone. And most people don't even know they were rude, they don't do it on purpose, its natural to them to act that way because they are being inconvenienced. I want it to.be clear from the get go that I am in charge and that is for my safety as well as yours. And while you may be slightly inconvenienced, and maybbe doing nothing wrong. Then next guy that I stop and give the same line of questioning to, may just be a drunk driver or something else. Keep this in mind. It isn't all about you!!

You may think We are rude, or being an azzhole or whatever I see it as making sure I get to hug my family at night

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yep, you did, Scott. I appreciate you taking the time.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not bad for a damned Yankee. grin

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Scott F
Not bad for a damned Yankee. grin

You ain't a yankee. You're a Pacific Northwesterner.

Yankees are azzholes.

Pacific Northwesterners are insane.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I get called in the office all the time and told that I have an attitude. Truth is I do.have an attitude when I am working as I see it it isn't an equal playing field. When I am dealing with someone at work I don't know who they are, why they are doing what they are doing what they are doing it for. Therefore when I make contact. I set a tone of body language and voice that says I am in charge. I do this for your safety as much as mine. And yes typically I ask more questions than is needed on stops because, and this may come as a shocker but some people lie to cops.

Personally and from my own experience, msot people who relay that an officer was rude to them it usually is a reflection of their own behavior and tone. And most people don't even know they were rude, they don't do it on purpose, its natural to them to act that way because they are being inconvenienced. I want it to.be clear from the get go that I am in charge and that is for my safety as well as yours. And while you may be slightly inconvenienced, and maybbe doing nothing wrong. Then next guy that I stop and give the same line of questioning to, may just be a drunk driver or something else. Keep this in mind. It isn't all about you!!

You may think We are rude, or being an azzhole or whatever I see it as making sure I get to hug my family at night

So I have a break light out and you stop me. I greet you with both hands in sight, a smile on my face, my license already out along with my CCL. I say "Good morning Officer. I have a concealed carry permit in my home state but I am not carrying today. How would like me to proceed?"

Would you still treat me the same way?

Last edited by Scott F; 01/12/13.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by gitem_12

So I have a break light out and you stop me. I greet you with both hands in sight, a smile on my face, my license already out along with my CCL. I say "Good morning Officer. I have a concealed carry permit in my home state but I am not carrying today. How would like me to proceed?"

First,...get out the car and stand on one leg,...then sing Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody".

If you cain't do that,..you need to move out of the Pacific Northwest.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Scott be standin' on one leg on the side of some Washington highway, talkin' bout,..

"I ain't drunk, dammit,...listen here"

~~~I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scara-mouch!, scara-mouch! - will you do the fandango?~~~

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
With both a back injury and constant vertigo you have a much better chance of flapping your arms and flying to Mars. Then there is my singing. Trust me, you do NOT want to go there. grin

But I was trying to make a point. An officer has a job to do and if it was not a dangerous job then why would he be armed. So my point is I am guessing 99% of a bad stop is reaction to the actions and the attitudes of the person being stopped.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Washington cop'll say to his partner,..

"Well,...Freddy Mercury ain't got chit on this'un. I guess we gotta let him go."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
laugh

If it works, it works.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Cops'll be a half mile down the road.

Scott still be standin' there on one leg,..

~~~Mama Mia, Mama Mia, Mama Mia lemme go~~~

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Cops'll be a half mile down the road.

Scott still be standin' there on one leg, laying on the ground with a busted nose from when he fell over.

~~~Mama Mia, Mama Mia, Mama Mia lemme go~~~

Fixed it for you.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Originally Posted By: gitem_12

As a good ole Canuckian i would have to say, that if you have to be a dink and establish "dominance" on every traffic stop you should make buddies with Ceasar Milan and hang up your badge. I have been pulled over in both the states and numerous times in Canada as a youngster having fun. Never a negative experiance but i think that is mostly because im a nice, non-confrontational guy.

Fuzzyone

Pardon my fat fingered I-phone typing
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I never said I had to be a dink. But I'm usually very short commented and speak directly and to a point. I'm not condescending or belittling just direct and to the point.

Scott I'm usually very appreciative when people volunteer their carry permit to me. I tend to be less appreciative when I see the gun and have not been told about it. However my current job task generally puts me in contact with "socially undesirables". I actually had a conversation with a guy I stopped last night for a headlight out. Who carries a tiger single action for CCW.

Generally speaking, posture and "attitude" will reflect yours towards me. But I'm not their to be your friend I have a job to do and quite frankly as long as I make it home safely I.can live with hurting some feelings.

Last edited by gitem_12; 01/12/13.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 73 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.