Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So, the way I read it your response is related to the actions and the attitudes and actions of the person being stopped just like almost every other person on earth.

I was always suspicious cops were just real people. grin

Kind of goes back to the golden rule doesn't it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here is how a normal stop starts for.me. once vehicle is stopped I will take a few seconds to watch the occupants. Then I will walk up the side of the vehicle I feel safest on, taking care to touch the trunk lid of cars to.make sure they are closed. Standing quartered towards the vehicle in line with the B post I will start dialogue. Me: good morning,(evening,afternoon). I am Officer, (my name) with (My Dept). Do you know why I stopped you?. I'll wait for your answer, then I will ask for license, registration, and insurance. Then I will usually make some dialogue by asking how you're doing, or where you're heading. Then let you set the tone of how the rest of the encounter will transpire.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'd love to tell you that I have a "robot" mode and everyone gets the same speech in the same tone of voice, but we all know that's not the case.

If the conversation starts "Why the [bleep] did you pull me over, don't you have anything better to do!" it simply becomes "professional". "License and registration please. The reason I'm stopping you is because you were travelling 46 mph in a posted 30 mph zone. Is there any emergency that I need to be aware of? Thank you, sir, stay in your car and I'll be right back." If I get the "average" motorist, there will probably be a little conversation. If it's a "townie" that I know from the store or whatever we'll probably shoot the bull for a bit before I conduct run a check.

Attitude does not, however, sway my decision to ticket or not in the negative. If I decided to issue a warning when I stopped the vehicle I will not issue a ticket just because they turned out to be an azzhole. I have, and will, go the opposite direction, though.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sounds right to me. About what I did forty years ago when I was a cop.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nh, that's funny you mention the " stay in your vehicle". I had a guy learn the hard way last night that I.meant exactly that. After the third time I told him to stay in his truck he told me to GFY. And started walking back towards my Tahoe again. Yappin about how he used to be a pro boxer and I was gettin what was coming to me. Ex boxers are no.match for tasers.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If saftey is your main concern change careers. I'm sure the private sector has lots of positions for a guy that is very short commented and not out to make friends.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Nh, that's funny you mention the " stay in your vehicle". I had a guy learn the hard way last night that I.meant exactly that. After the third time I told him to stay in his truck he told me to GFY. And started walking back towards my Tahoe again. Yappin about how he used to be a pro boxer and I was gettin what was coming to me. Ex boxers are no.match for tasers.

You ain't no cop.

You're an accountant fer Bed, Bath, and Beyond,...executive in charge of the shower curtain division.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by NH K9
Attitude does not, however, sway my decision to ticket or not in the negative. If I decided to issue a warning when I stopped the vehicle I will not issue a ticket just because they turned out to be an azzhole. I have, and will, go the opposite direction, though.George

I worked as a rescue diver/EMT/FF on the local marine patrol boat and the Sgt I worked with (great guy/cop) said exactly the same thing as you George. He'd not let someone talk themselves into or out of a ticket.

Good for you!...that's respectable.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Oh I love taser stories, Please tell more.......

I love these bad azz dudes that think there gonna show the cop whos the boss and a little jolt of electricity takes em' to the ground, pizzin' they're pants and wailing for momma.

One thing they don't realize is that in the days before tasers they just might have been shot.

Last edited by 12344mag; 01/12/13.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by NH K9
I'd love to tell you that I have a "robot" mode and everyone gets the same speech in the same tone of voice, but we all know that's not the case.

If the conversation starts "Why the [bleep] did you pull me over, don't you have anything better to do!" it simply becomes "professional". "License and registration please. The reason I'm stopping you is because you were travelling 46 mph in a posted 30 mph zone. Is there any emergency that I need to be aware of? Thank you, sir, stay in your car and I'll be right back." If I get the "average" motorist, there will probably be a little conversation. If it's a "townie" that I know from the store or whatever we'll probably shoot the bull for a bit before I conduct run a check.

Attitude does not, however, sway my decision to ticket or not in the negative. If I decided to issue a warning when I stopped the vehicle I will not issue a ticket just because they turned out to be an azzhole. I have, and will, go the opposite direction, though.

George

Somehow I already knew that about you.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Damn bristoe, you saw right through me... So I guess I should refund all the money from the Boro that I'm employed by

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Personally mag I hate tasers. I've never hurt so.bad in my life than when I took a hit, getting qualified.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Damn bristoe, you saw right through me... So I guess I should refund all the money from the Boro that I'm employed by

I can just see ya throwin' down on some shopper,...

"HANDS ON YOUR HEAD,....BACK AWAY FROM THE QUEEN SIZE FITTED SHEETS!"

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
RETIREMENT!!! Where are you??????

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
13 years away before I reach the 25 mark. 23 years before I'm.at minimum age.

Last edited by gitem_12; 01/12/13.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
About 6 months for me. Did you ever drive a police car with a metal bumper?

Kidding friend. Keep yourself safe out there.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
RETIREMENT!!! Where are you??????

toolmaker limbo,....where I've been since the beginning.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Dammit, B. We gotta start a School Security business while the getting is good. You bring one of those old .32's of yours and maybe a 99 savage, and I'll bring my old double barrel.

The babies will study safely and we'll make regular deposits.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
About 6 months for me. Did you ever drive a police car with a metal bumper?

No. Did you ever have to use a call box? (my Chief would have had me ask you that)

I have spent my entire career in the "current" Crown Vic.

Oh, yeah, 9 years until I have my age and only a CH over 6 until I have my time. I doubt I'll go when I'm eligible 'cause I still enjoy what I do regardless of the azzholes!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Me and schools have always been oil and water.

Just arm the 3rd graders and be done with it.

At Forrestdale in '64,..the 3rd graders were badass,....

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 72 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.