24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I have serious concerns over recent media reports that the Obama Administration intends to impose gun control through an Executive Order. This end around of Congress is inappropriate and could infringe upon our Second Amendment rights. I intend to continue working with my colleagues here in Congress toward a sensible and realistic solution that will address mental health, the rise in violent movies and video games and keep ALL types of guns out of the hands of madmen. Don Young

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok we are not screwed. Ok I believe that as much as you. Our dictator in chief will try and circumvent the constitution when ever he can. The first 4 won't compare to what's coming.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I'm probably gonna get slammed for some of these comments but..
Firstly, I agree with you guys that Obummer thinks he's Ceaser and that he was elected with a mandate. We all know that's not true but we also know that it's very difficult to deal with an ego maniac.
I seriously doubt that Congress will do anything very substantial. They have their own political hides to worry about and know that it'd be a blood bath come election time.
Little Ceaser, can only use Executive Orders as he's done in the past to "rule the masses". He's very limited on what he can do, viv-a-vis, those Executive Orders. He could well try but my money is that this time, he'd lose.
Last week, I was contacted by the NRA & asked to donate for the upcoming fight. I did. We all have to be very watchful and if asked, donate to the cause. We all know that keeping our freedom is not an easy road but rather filled with ruts and deadend side roads.
Keep up the fight & don't compromise the 2nd Amendment for one iota. It's the one Amendmentt that protects the others and is the most clearly written of them all.
Ok, off stump, now.
Bear in Fairbanks

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I feel sick

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Freezerfiller
I feel sick

Geez, hope that's not from my comments. Hope ya get well soon.
B.I.F.

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think congress will do to much, they already learned what happens when they stomp on the 2nd. What I'm worried about is the dipshits pen, by the time his EO's get to the Supreme Court, it's to late, the damage is done.

This guy will go around and make it so expensive, or unattainable for the average guy to own a gun.

He learned through obamacare that its possible.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Here's Obama's position from before he was president. You wouldn't even be able to defend yourself or your family in your home if he had his way. http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/01/11/obama-opposed-gun-ban-exception-defend-home/

BASR
[Linked Image]
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm waiting for Michael strahan to show up and close this thread lol...

I don't know what to think what this clown we call el presidente will do... I do agree he is a ego maniac...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
As I understand it, EO's can only be done under existing law. The 21 or so (has any president before mass produced so many EO's in one fell swipe?) are largely meaningless- several having some value, if funded.

I posted this elsewhere, but I think there is a real danger that so far is getting no attention.

The gun grabbers are going to try to get a law passed that private transactions must go thru a background check. "Reasonable and common sense". Yeah, baby!

A lot of the sheeple will comply. A lot of otherwise law-abiding folks won't (criminals, of course are exempted), and will continue to buy and sell privately, without background checks. But with such a law on the books, this opens up the feasability (cerainty!)of an EO mandating national registration of all firearms in order to force compliance with the duly passed (thus existing)private transaction background check law.

Get the private sales background check law on the books, and with a stroke of the President's pen, national firearms registration becomes law without Congressional debate or concurance.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
391 members (204guy, 280shooter, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 48 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.