Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Great little vehicles. I picked up an 87 Sami last fall for the deer lease. It needed a battery and a tire, but for the $300 I paid for it, I couldn't complain!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
all good fun regardless of your vehichle choice.
and regardless of your vehicle choice one thing is paramount
in order to move foward. and that is traction. without traction
you dont move. and even worse you could move in the wrong direction. like backwards. even in 4 wheel drive when one wheel
spins do you know what happens to the other? well in case you dont ill tell you. it just stops turning. in a critical situation like a steep icy mountain road you cant afford to have that happen. the best tires wont save you on ice. even chains might not save you on ice. take it from one who paid the ultimate price. GET A LOCKER. and better yet get 2 lockers.
dont even consider traveling on mountain roads in winter
conditions without at least one locking differential.
leave every other thing go untill you have a locker.
in some areas mud can be just as bad.
i had to crawl over the crushed body of my best friend of 60
years from the wreckage of what i thought was a good jeep.
it was junk and so is yours if it dosent have a locker.
i hope what ive said sinks in.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Okanagan
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
Personally, i would go with the Sidekick based on the size alone. Of course, I am 6' 5" and leg room is an issue.

+1 though I am only 5' 10". I have a Sidekick four door for the extra room. It has hauled a lot of game with and without the back seat in, and has enough room for me to sleep in without unloading my stuff. It is ideal for one hunter, OK for two on shorter trips.

My son and I have owned two Samurai's and two Sidekicks between us. As indicated by others, Samurai is a better off road 4x4, Sidekick does all I want it to. Last winter while hunting predators I drove up a steep logging road in snow without thinking much about it, explored new areas awhile and came back to find two new 4x4 pick-ups trying to get up the same steep stretch.

A fellow in Oregon near Portland makes diesel conversion kits or will put a diesel in a Suzuki for you. I've driven two of the diesel converts and they are NICE.

Yeah I have ridden in one of those that had a conversion to a VW Turbo Diesel in it...was a great practical little rig! it was in a Tracker..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Finally found a decent Sami and picked it up today. Got the original 1.3 in it with 81,000 miles. Everything is smooth and it runs out great. It needs tires, seems like every single one of these things have bald ass tires on them. It does have a header on it, I laughed, who puts a header on a 60hp engine, lol.

You are going to love that Sammi! lol

Do you guys get the Suzuki Swift over there? its a little "Hot Hatch" that used an uprated version of the same 1.3 engine as in your Sammi.

Over here, a lot of Sammi owners use parts from the Swift engine to get a bit more power of the Sammi..Apparently, its relatively easy and cheap upgrade..

Regards,

Peter

Last edited by Pete E; 01/20/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Finally found a decent Sami and picked it up today. Got the original 1.3 in it with 81,000 miles. Everything is smooth and it runs out great. It needs tires, seems like every single one of these things have bald ass tires on them. It does have a header on it, I laughed, who puts a header on a 60hp engine, lol.

Cell phone pic is all I got:

[Linked Image]

Hey Bearcat,
Nice score, but it's mandatory to tell us about that 5 window in the garage.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Oh, sorry about that.

1937 Plymouth Buisness Coupe
270 Red Ram Hemi with a 6 pack
Turbo 400 Trans
Tubbed out with 18.5" rubber, Detroit Locker and a Dana 60 3:91 ratio

That would be the old man's baby.

I think he has some original parts for sale if anyone needs some stuff.

The truck next to it is his Rat Rod. A 1972 SWB Dodge with a built out the ass 413 Wedge in it, that's his "I need to go to town truck." He is a Mopar man. He has as many 440's and 383's sitting around as I do rifles.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
New fuel pump, valve cover gasket and starter today.

Cam seal, crank seal, timing belt and water pump on tap for tomorrow.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Cleaned the EGR valve, replaced the pcv valve, replaced the water pump, ordered a new timing belt cover, gasket and a new radiator today, mine had been mashed into the fan and was in bad shape. I also ordered a carb for a Toyota Corolla today after reading this a few times: http://www.acksfaq.com/toycarbinstall.htm

More pictures of Dad's engine:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

298 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 338rcm, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 28 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 926 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,632
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.