Originally Posted by Chipolopolo
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by billrquimby
"Capstick, what's his problem?"

... he's dead and can't defend himself against critics. I liked the guy and the books he wrote.

Bill Quimby

grin That should just about settle it. For those who don't know, Bill has penned a few safari books himself.

Amen. I have not read the whole thread, but I have puzzled as to why this thread had such legs considering that the author is deceased for many years. Who cares if he had attitude? Hemingway had attitude. Who cares? You like him, or you don't. End of story.

Capstick is one of those subjects that will ALWAYS evoke a ton of emotion and opinions both positive and negative. I personally love his style and his stories as long as they are first person narrative. His biographies on other people were difficult for me to get through.

You want to push buttons, on an "other" hunting forum, just type these four things and you will see threads that run for days. Push feed, Mark Sullivan, 45-70's and Peter Capstick.

I started a thread about 4 years ago over there called "Capstick was a Fraud" it ran for about two months, it still comes to the surface every now and then even today. For gods sake, I received near death threats for it. And I love they guy.

Some folks just can't get the humor.

Steve

Truer words have never been spoken!!!