Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Been shooting the Buffalo Bore loads & my handloads with a 220gr LBT hard cast bullet out of my Glock 20 for at least 15 years!

http://www.manta.com/c/mr5kmgv/buffalo-bore-ammunition-co-inc

Buffalo Bore Ammunition Co Inc in Saint Ignatius, MT is a private company categorized under Ammunition. Our records show it was established in 2010 and incorporated in Montana.

Buffalo Bore has been around longer than 2010. I bought my Glock 20 back in '06 and have been shooting BB ever since then.

Absolutely! Dunno where this "2010" date came from. Perhaps a corporate reorganization or some such, but Tim Sundles has been selling Buffalo Bore ammo since the late 1990's.

I bought my first Buffalo Bore loads prior to Y2K, IIRC. It's quality ammo.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

[Linked Image]

Suits me, feeling decidedly less apprehensive about big pigs in the woods now cool

Ya I know about stock Glock barrels and lead, but at $1.50 per round, I doubt I'll ever fire enough of these in a row between cleanings for leading to be a problem.

Birdwatcher

I don't think you'll have a problem. As chlinstructor says, harder cast bullets should do fine in the Glock polygonal barrel... though I'd be diligent with a lead scrubber after shooting lead in any case.

FWIW, I've found that the little G29 and G30 are more manageable in my hands than the G26 9mm or G27 40 S&W... and it's nice to have all that 10mm power in a little package.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've always wanted to try some of the old Norma stuff. Heard it's pretty "snappy" compared to modern 10mm factory stuff. I know my handloads pop compared to them.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The Buffalo Bore, Underwood, Double Tap are as fast as any of the old Norma loads

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buffalo Bullets are cast from much harder alloys. They add more tin & Antimony to the lead.
Not pure lead, like typical cheap cast bullets which causes Glock's rifling to lead up & create un-safe pressures. I've been shooting lead bullets in all my Glock Models since they have been in production. Never had any problems at all.

But of course, I do clean the barrels after shooting any lead bullets. Solves all leading problems right then & there!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clearly I need to corrupt Birdy and let him shoot a 10mm 19111 grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Gonna have to try this again, that 29 shot so well for me with that load I'd consider it as a all-purpose carry gun.

Stepping back in history to the 1920's; the Brit logic when they went from the big Webley revolver firing a 325 grain .445 cal load to a 200 grain .38 S&W (AKA .380 Revolver) load in the Enfield revolver was that the long 200 grain lead bullet would tumble on impact, maximizing stopping power.

However that worked out, too much to hope for I'd guess that that Buffalo Bore 220 grain 10mm hardcast load would likewise tumble. I expect it would go through and through and on into the next county.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Same ammo and side arm my dad carries here in bear country. . . Though he added an extended and ported LWD barrel and it really helps make the gun shootable in terms of recoil.

Last edited by cowboyarcher; 01/26/13.

"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I don't know about Underwood, but Buffalo Bore is not an SAAMI member and does not adhere to their pressure standards. Double Tap is and it's ammo doesn't clock like the old Norma loads.
The old Norma loads were very hard on 10mm guns and that's one reason why it's no longer loaded.
I've seen Buffalo Bore ammo lock up two different Marlin rifles in .45-70 on two different days. Both boxes of ammo were marked as loaded for such rifles. So good luck with it.
Frankly, if you test a good flat point, like Double Tap's 200 gr. at a more modest velocity, you find they penetrate like crazy. Certainly plenty for almost anything. E

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Hard cast lead won't likely lead the barrel much if at all.

Was that dead boar shot with the .357 Magnum? How fast did it stop him, if so?

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Been shooting the Buffalo Bore loads & my handloads with a 220gr LBT hard cast bullet out of my Glock 20 for at least 15 years!

Buffalo Bore Ammunition Co Inc in Saint Ignatius, MT is a private company categorized under Ammunition. Our records show it was established in 2010 and incorporated in Montana.
Seems like the company has been around a good bit longer than that. I remember buying some about ten years ago, or more.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Good shooting. I like my 10. No 220 grain hardcast yet, but I believe I'll get some and work up a load.

I've got acceptable loads for mine in 135, 165, 180 and 200 jacketed bullets, Nosler, Gold Dots, Golden Sabers and XTP's. I like Power Pistol and 800X. Titegroup bears mention as well.

An aftermarket barrel is not all that much. Less than a finger, I figure. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

However that worked out, too much to hope for I'd guess that that Buffalo Bore 220 grain 10mm hardcast load would likewise tumble. I expect it would go through and through and on into the next county.

Birdwatcher

From my personal experience here at the ranch with my Glock 20 & my Kimber 1911 10mm, that load will Penatrate a big Feral Hog (say 300lbs) front to back & keep on going!
No signs of expansion, but it Definately tumbles!

I would bet a big ole Feral Hog is just about as tough to penatrate, or maybe more so, than a Black Bear, given the hog's tough hide, thick grissel plate covering a huge heart, & large bone structure.
I've seen a big boar weighing 450 lbs, that a friend shot with a bow, take 4 more rounds from a .44 mag handgun he was packing with 240gr Factory HP's.
He made a high lung shot with his arrow, at 15 yards, from a ground blind, and the big boar charged him head on. After takinging the 4 - .44mag rounds at point blank range, the big Boar basically slid up to my buddy's foot as it died!

I think i pretty much convinced him, afterwards, that he needed the Buffalo Boar Loads for his 10mm Glock wink

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/26/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
......so would you roll the BB 220gr. cast over the BB 155gr. TAC-XP? I was thinking of trying the Underwood 200 and 180 XTP in a G20sf that will be en route shortly, but they (like everyone else) is cleaned out. BB is still available, so......

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good shooting...

[Linked Image]

Ya, what happened was we just happend to be passing by the range on an erand towards evening and I put up and shot a quick ten rounds at the target in the fading light while my wife waited in the car (a sure indicator that I was hurrying grin).

Hastily fired the first shot and thought I missed entirely. A closer look revealed that closest bullet hole a smidgen right of center cool The next nine rounds showed that level of accuracy weren't that much of a stretch.

Took down the target and left, I'll bet we were at the range all of ten minutes.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NH K9
......so would you roll the BB 220gr. cast over the BB 155gr. TAC-XP? I was thinking of trying the Underwood 200 and 180 XTP in a G20sf that will be en route shortly, but they (like everyone else) is cleaned out. BB is still available, so......

George

I always prefer the heavier bullet, but thats for shooting hogs & Whitetails. I fear the 220gr Buffalo Boar loads may have just a little too much Penatration on two legged critters wink
If I'm toting my Glock 20 in town, I've always got a extra 15 round mag loaded with 180 grain XTP's. They also work great on the deer & hogs I've used 'em on.
200gr XTP,s work great, too. But they are not as accurate as the 180gr XTP's in my gun.

For my Handloads, I'm using a maximum load of AA9 on the 200gr XTP,s & BlueDot on the 180's.
BTW, the Powder MFGs no longer reccomend BlueDot for 10mm's or .41mags. They claim big pressure spikes, but I've been using BlueDot Powder ever since I got my first 10mm with no problems.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I should have clarified that it will be for hunting (at this point).

I'm not set up to reload for the 10mm at this point, but hope that will change soon. I did find some factory 180gr. XTPs, maybe I'll give those a run as they have 'em local.

Thanks!

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I often carry my G29 off-duty. I have the std short mag in it loaded with Doubletap 135 JHPs. My spare G20 mag holds 15 DT 200 gr. WFNGCs; theory being after first mag more penetration prolly be a good thing.

No leading after a couple hundred rounds. They seem quite hard.

I would rather have this pistol with me for animal defense than any of my several .44s. Simply handier to pack/conceal and more rounds on tap with power equivalent to .41 Magnum.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9

George

I always prefer the heavier bullet, but thats for shooting hogs & Whitetails. I fear the 220gr Buffalo Boar loads may have just a little too much Penatration on two legged critters wink
If I'm toting my Glock 20 in town, I've always got a extra 15 round mag loaded with 180 grain XTP's. They also work great on the deer & hogs I've used 'em on.
200gr XTP,s work great, too. But they are not as accurate as the 180gr XTP's in my gun.

For my Handloads, I'm using a maximum load of AA9 on the 200gr XTP,s & BlueDot on the 180's.
BTW, the Powder MFGs no longer reccomend BlueDot for 10mm's or .41mags. They claim big pressure spikes, but I've been using BlueDot Powder ever since I got my first 10mm with no problems.

You are helping me on what load to take for my Delta Elite this March at the 24hrcf TN boar hunt. I was toying with the idea of trying some heavier bullet loads, but it sounds to me like my handloads of a 180gr Gold Dot at 1375fps should be just fine, based upon your post here.

For those interested, I am getting those numbers safely with AA#9

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Knowing trumps guessing, stick to something you KNOW, whatever the hell that might be.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 18 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,312
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.