-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 41 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 40 41
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We've seen the "movie", Cop Killer on the Run, played out quite a few times.

But, this guy is different, it seems to me. You want to hope that RISJR is right and that he has offed himself.

But I fear this ain't gonna follow the script.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
No reason to worry anymore about this guy.
Charlie Sheen has been talking to him,he will give himself to Charlie you know he will.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The first incident happened about 5:30 a.m. Thursday in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue.

It involved LAPD detectives from the Hollywood division, who were reportedly on a protective detail for an LAPD captain and his family named in Dorner�s manifesto.

Emma Hernandez, 71, was delivering the Los Angeles Times with her daughter, 47-year-old Margie Carranza, when officers apparently mistook their pickup for that of Dorner.

Hernandez was shot in the back, and remains hospitalized in stable condition.

Carranza suffered a wound from glass that struck her hand and received stitches.

Tragically, we believe this is a case of mistaken identity,� Charlie Beck, chief of the Los Angeles Police Department, said on Thursday about the shooting.

Just moments after the first shooting at around 5:45am, police located another pickup truck, which was a dark color, and began shooting at it.
A male passenger inside the truck was not hit.

[Linked Image]
mistaken identity
When someone incorrectly thinks that they have found or recognized a particular person, you refer to this as a case of mistaken identity.

I dont think that the back of a truck at zero dark thirty falls under that definition.
Those 2 LAPD officers need to be behind bars.

DONNER 3
LAPD 2 (plus one attempt)

I'm still sticking to the original assesment that the LAPD will off more folks than Donner.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If it had been the NYPD they wouldn't have even hit the vehicle .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Nuttin but street vengeance by a couple of state sponsored thugs.
The quotation from Jonas was priceless: "The problem with the situation is it looked like the police had the goal of administering street justice and in so doing, didn't take the time to notice that these two older, small Latina women don't look like a large black man."

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Look at the bright side , after the Law Suit they won't have to deliver papers again , they will be able to afford to go back to Mexico.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Reported that Dorner's burned-out truck had a broken axle and was incapable of moving.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 270Mag
Reported that Dorner's burned-out truck had a broken axle and was incapable of moving.

Source..?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So 57 pages of mostly negative stuff on the cops. What say the keyboard kommandos? What is your plan for capturing this guy or protecting the cops families?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
________

A fugitive ex-cop suspected of gunning down three people abandoned his pickup truck when its axle snapped on a rugged fire access road in the San Bernardino Mountains, where a search for fugitive entered its third day on Saturday, officials said.
An arsenal of weapons and survival gear was found inside the burned-out pickup truck that Christopher Jordan Dorner set afire Thursday morning the Big Bear Ski Area official said.

Authorities said it appeared that the axle of Dorner's truck broke when he briefly lost control of his Nissan pick-up on the access road, which is intended for use by heavy-duty fire equipment.

He set off on foot, then backtracked using his same footprints, before setting off on a different course and disappearing into the wilderness, according to officials, who spoke on the condition on anonymity.

That touched off a massive manhunt in the town of Big Bear and the surrounding mountains, where more than 100 law-enforcement officers fanned out again Saturday.

After suspending their effort Friday night because of blizzard conditions, Authorities hoped clearing skies would allow them to send up aircraft with heat-sensing technology that could help them locate Dorner, a fired LAPD officer bent on revenge.

Teams of officers in cold-weather gear knocked on doors and at times broke into locked vacation cabins in the picturesque mountain town on the off chance that the police- and military-trained veteran had taken refuge there.

"We are prepared to continue the search until he's either found or they have evidence that he is no longer on the mountain." San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said.

Dorner is wanted in the slayings of the daughter of a retired LAPD captain and her fiance, who were killed last Sunday. On Wednesday, authorities said, he shoot three police officers, killing one, in Riverside.

Authorities found a 11,000-word manifesto posted on what they believe is Dorner's Facebook page, vowing revenge against those he holds responsible for his 2009 firing from the Los Angeles Police Department.

"Any threat assessments you generate will be useless," the posting read. "I have the strength and benefits of being unpredictable, unconventional, and unforgiving."

Along with LAPD Chief Charlie Beck and several police police officers, the manifesto also mentions actor Charlie Sheen, describing him as "awesome."

In an online video posted Saturday by TMZ.com, Sheen, delivered a message of his own the accused killer.

"You mentioned me in your manifesto, so thank you for your kind words," he said. "I am urging you to call me. Let's figure out together how to end this thing. Call me. I look forward to talking to you."

Authorities have said they do not know how long Dorner had been planning the rampage or why he drove to the San Bernardino Mountains. Property records show his mother owns undeveloped land nearby, but a search of the area found no sign of him.

It was also unclear whether he had provisions, clothing or weapons stockpiled in the area, where temperatures barely climbed above freezing Saturday despite the sunny skies.

In addition to his training with the LAPD, Dorner also received specialized training as a Navy Reservist, earning a rifle marksman ribbon and pistol expert medal.

He was assigned to a naval undersea warfare unit and various aviation training

A digital billboard along Santa Monica Boulevard on the Westside of Los Angeles shows a "wanted" alert for former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner on Friday, Feb. 8, 2013. He is the suspect in the shooting deaths of a former LAPD captain's daughter and her fiance, and two other shootings that left an officer dead and two others wounded. (AP Photo/Reed Saxon) units, according to military records.
He took leave from the LAPD for a six-month deployment to Bahrain in 2006 and 2007. An LAPD newsletter has carried a photo of Dorner with then-Chief Bill Bratton, who gave him a gold coin as a souvenir.

Last Friday was Dorner's last day with the Navy and also the day CNN's Anderson Cooper received a package that contained a note on it that read, in part, "I never lied." The coin that Bratton gave him, now riddled with bullet holes, was also in the package.

Dorner had accused his training officer of kicking a suspect during an arrest. He was fired for lying when his version of events could not be substantiated.

Monica Quan, 28, the woman killed last Sunday, was the daughter of the now-retired LAPD captain who represented Dorner at the Board of Rights hearing that led to his firing. Her finance, Keith Lawrence, was also fatally shot.

Authorities said they've received tips from around Southern California claiming to have seen Dorner. However, there have been no substantiated sightings since Thursday, when authorities found his tracks near his abandoned truck.

With every law-enforcement officer a potential target, agencies around Southern California are taking extra precautions.

Officers are being deployed in teams, and security patrols have been posted near the homes of those officers targeted in Dorner's manifesto.

Down in San Diego, a massive traffic jam developed at the Mexican border, where officers wearing body armor and cradling rifles were photographed watching traffic heading through the unusual bottleneck at the Mexican border.

But police and federal agents would not confirm if the unusual police tactics at the border was a result of the manhunt for Dorner at the busiest border crossing in the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't expect LE to give the media any more than they have to.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They want him way too badly. Something else is afoot.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I think they'll find this guy in the Big Bear area. Whatever plan he had was derailed when his truck broke down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are theses reports the truth?

Is this guy in a world of hurt from his original plan or was this a planned move as a diversion?

Will he be found dead from hypothermia, or will he appear somewhere committing murder?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Are theses reports the truth?

Is this guy in a world of hurt from his original plan or was this a planned move as a diversion?

Will he be found dead from hypothermia, or will he appear somewhere committing murder?
The weather can get anybody, but my sense of it is he is pretty highly trained and probably isn't going to die from a snowstorm alone. If he was hurt or wounded maybe, but he seems to have some skills.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's one thing to burn your truck as a diversion, it's another to break your own axle as a diversion, plus burning part of your arsenal.

So I don't think it is a diversion.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The broken axle changes things.

A lot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To me that sounds like bullshit. sounds like they're trying to take some media attention off this guy, so maybe he surfaces sooner, i think they are steppin on their dicks and this guy is running circles around them.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
TSA just issued a Country wide alert to look out for this guy!

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
unless it was broken during retrieval. grin

Page 29 of 41 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,051
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.