24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Idaho County Sheriffs' Assn has issued the following resolution to gun control efforts by the feds:

Idaho Sheriffs� Association Position on Gun Violence

We, the sheriffs of the State of Idaho support the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms and we oppose any intrusion upon those rights. The resolution recently passed by the National Sheriffs' Association eloquently states the exact position of the Idaho Sheriffs' Association and therefore, we adopt it as ours. The resolution reads:

National Sheriffs' Association Resolution: 2013-1
WHEREAS, the elected Sheriff is recognized throughout the United States as the chief local law enforcement officer and is directly accountable to the people through the electoral process; and
WHEREAS, all sheriffs take an oath of office to enforce and defend the United States Constitution and state constitution and laws; and
WHEREAS, a primary mission of sheriffs is to ensure public safety; and
WHEREAS, gun safety is vitally important to our nation�s public health and the 3,080 sheriffs of this nation; and
WHEREAS, the cause of violence, including gun violence, must be addressed on many fronts, including improved mental health treatment, media violence, drugs, gangs, breakdown of the family, strengthening laws that prevent or reduce the access of legally prohibited persons to firearms and vigorous enforcement of existing laws; and
WHEREAS, the National Sheriffs� Association represents the interests of all sheriffs who are sworn to support and defend the United States Constitution; and
WHEREAS, sheriffs strongly support our citizens� protected right to bear arms under the Second Amendment and the National Sheriffs� Association does not support any laws that deprive any citizen of the rights provided under the Constitution and Bill of Rights; and
WHEREAS, the doctrine of judicial review grants to the United States Supreme Court and the lower courts the power to determine the constitutionality of any law and sheriffs do not possess the legal authority to interpret the constitutionality of any law;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, the National Sheriffs� Association supports the rights conferred by the Second Amendment and further recognizes the ultimate authority of the courts in interpreting the scope of those constitutional rights

The Idaho Sheriffs� Association recognizes that the efforts of our state legislature, congress and president are to provide for safer communities by a reduction in gun violence. We take different paths, but the goal is the same. In order to achieve success we must work together on issues upon which we can agree. Citizens expect it and our children deserve it.

Please contact your sheriff for further explanation as to his/her position on various bills being proposed by state legislators and Congress. We encourage all citizens to contact their state legislators and Congressional representatives and let them know how they feel about this issue.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, that's a while lotta words...but what did it say?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

You could TRY reading the post....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just for you, here's the condensed version.

It's all about freedom.

National Sheriffs' Association Resolution: 2013-1
WHEREAS, the elected Sheriff is recognized throughout the United States as the chief local law enforcement officer and is directly accountable to the people through the electoral process; and
WHEREAS, all sheriffs take an oath of office to enforce and defend the United States Constitution and state constitution and laws.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably it's one of those worthless-pablum pandering-for-support proclamations that no sheriff's deputy in this county will ever ever ever confiscate a weapon from any law-abiding citizen, so the feds can just go spit while you all race to your local voting booths to re-elect me thank you very much.

Which means absolutely nothing, since once the feds make laws against the guns you have, you're no longer a law-abiding citizen and the sheriff can send his SWAT team in to kill you and confiscate your guns without breaking his "promise."

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sure. The smart ones amongst us should unite and go shoot all our law enforcement friends before they shoot us.

Thanks for the Sunday morning cheer.

GFY

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 02/17/13.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It says they are gonna leave it up to the courts.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's the stance of the Cook County Sheriff in Ill?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Brings it into perspective, Barak.

"without breaking his "promise.""

Absolutely true.

Playing nicey nice in letters isn't going to cut it. Anti-American liberal hacks are anti-American liberal hacks no matter where they occur.

Just like muslim terrorists, mexican cartels, mass murdering whackos and other criminal types, etc, the only language they understand is violence.

If the letter doesn't contain threats of theft and violence it's meaningless. The fed threatens us with theft and violence every single day. Plug in a dvd movie or pump up your car, or a thousand other things, and there's threats of theft and violence right there in front of God and everybody.
It's all they understand.

"Dear BOR destroying freedom hating communist fed gov thugs. Pass any GD laws you want but don't even think about trying to enforce them. You will be arrested and incarcerated and tried for treason and other high crimes and punished in accordance with law, up to and including the death penalty.
Same goes if you enter this state carrying concealed without a CCP from this state, or break any other law of this state, you will be arrested and incarcerated, held without bond, tried for your crimes, and punished to the full extent of the law.

We are the Sheriffs of this state. Consider yourself warned."

As I've said for years and years, "All this country needs is law enforcement."

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Ringman
What's the stance of the Cook County Sheriff in Ill?

Don't know about him, but the ILSA has a stance.

http://www.ilsheriff.org/images/stories/press/press%20release%20on%20gun%20control%20resolution.pdf

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

You could TRY reading the post....

I did read it. What I read was "Whereas, blah blah blah"

It had a while lot of words and didn't actually say jack. There's sheeple on both sides of the gun argument. And the sheeple on our side will read this and feel warm and fuzzy about nothing.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
here's what our local sheriff, in Twin Falls County, Idaho, has to say about it:

Sheriff Tom
Carter Responds
to Second
Amendment
Concerns
Jan. 14, 2013 was the day I
raised my hand, for the second time, and swore an oath
to the citizens of Twin Falls
County. In that oath, I swore
to support and defend the
laws of this county, the laws
of the state and especially
the Constitution of our great
nation.
Everyone with an opinion
thinks they know what our
forefathers meant when
they got together and wrote
the rules we, as a nation, live
with. That includes me. I
feel they were very specific
in stating how the citizens
have every right to own and
be secure in their ownership
of firearms.
I believe they took into account that there are those
who cannot and should not
have ownership or access to
guns. I also think terrible
things have happened
throughout our history since
the Constitution was written and we, as a nation, have
stood by the rules set back
then and have endured. I
think the politicians making
noise about the number of
bullets allowed in a magazine, whether or not a pistol
grip on a long gun makes it
something other than just
another gun, or inventing
what they think is an appropriate list of guns we poor,
dumb minions should have
are totally missing the point.
The Second Amendment
makes a very clear statement,and it�s not my place
to do anything other than respect and obey what it says.I
will not enforce anyone�s directive to violate our rights
under the Constitution.

TOM CARTER
Twin Falls

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
"Dear BOR destroying freedom hating communist fed gov thugs. Pass any GD laws you want but don't even think about trying to enforce them. You will be arrested and incarcerated and tried for treason and other high crimes and punished in accordance with law, up to and including the death penalty.
Same goes if you enter this state carrying concealed without a CCP from this state, or break any other law of this state, you will be arrested and incarcerated, held without bond, tried for your crimes, and punished to the full extent of the law.

We are the Sheriffs of this state. Consider yourself warned."

I'd stick up for a sheriff who said that, but I wouldn't believe him, even if I believed he meant what he said. That's just not the way the world works.

I might come closer to believing a governor who talked like that; but you don't get to be a governor if that's the way you talk.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Barak
Probably it's one of those worthless-pablum pandering-for-support proclamations that no sheriff's deputy in this county will ever ever ever confiscate a weapon from any law-abiding citizen, so the feds can just go spit while you all race to your local voting booths to re-elect me thank you very much.

Which means absolutely nothing, since once the feds make laws against the guns you have, you're no longer a law-abiding citizen and the sheriff can send his SWAT team in to kill you and confiscate your guns without breaking his "promise."

That about sums it up.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
here's what our local sheriff, in Twin Falls County, Idaho, has to say about it:

Sheriff Tom
Carter Responds
to Second
Amendment
Concerns
Jan. 14, 2013 was the day I
raised my hand, for the second time, and swore an oath
to the citizens of Twin Falls
County. In that oath, I swore
to support and defend the
laws of this county, the laws
of the state and especially
the Constitution of our great
nation.
Everyone with an opinion
thinks they know what our
forefathers meant when
they got together and wrote
the rules we, as a nation, live
with. That includes me. I
feel they were very specific
in stating how the citizens
have every right to own and
be secure in their ownership
of firearms.
I believe they took into account that there are those
who cannot and should not
have ownership or access to
guns. I also think terrible
things have happened
throughout our history since
the Constitution was written and we, as a nation, have
stood by the rules set back
then and have endured. I
think the politicians making
noise about the number of
bullets allowed in a magazine, whether or not a pistol
grip on a long gun makes it
something other than just
another gun, or inventing
what they think is an appropriate list of guns we poor,
dumb minions should have
are totally missing the point.
The Second Amendment
makes a very clear statement,and it�s not my place
to do anything other than respect and obey what it says.I
will not enforce anyone�s directive to violate our rights
under the Constitution.

TOM CARTER
Twin Falls

Rock Chuck,

I haven't herd or seen a statement out of the Elmore County Sherriffs Office, but in general I think we can be damn grateful for where we live and the LEs that serve us.

Your Neighbor,
Bob

Last edited by Akbob5; 02/18/13.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
201 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,537 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.