Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'll take 92 degrees and sunlight at 8:30 PM,...a big slab of asphalt and 80 mph on 2 wheels.

That's when I'm alive.

,..sittin' here wondering why,..

I think maybe it's because I'm a type that needs some kind of jolt to the senses to work up a good "happy".

I don't guess it has to be a motorcycle. I suspect a P51 Mustang would do it real well,...but the most raucous thing available to me to get that jolt is motorcycles.
Ditto..

It's not so much winter itself,...but winter prevents me from getting my jolt.
Well said - but I don't know about the 92 degrees.. Ok as long as the humidity's down to 15%.. Problem is, here it's usually 92 degrees and humidity's not far below.. THAT's the time I truly dislike summer..

But hey, as long as the road's dry, the sun's out, the pavement is new (either direction or quality) and the bike's tank is full - I'm a happy dude..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
I've got spring fever bad.. Really bad.. smile

I'm looking forward to warmer weather for sure, but I'm making the best of it.

Snowplowing and a long walk around my property on snowshoes (with rifle and dog, of course)occupied most of my Saturday.
Sunday was spent on the ice with my family, catching a few fish and doing my best to make the best of this long slide through winter.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrentD
Bristoe, I think California would be PERFECT for you and your bikes... wink

Before you buy that new bathing suit and suntan lotion, be sure which part of California you intend to visit.

wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'll take 92 degrees and sunlight at 8:30 PM,...a big slab of asphalt and 80 mph on 2 wheels.

That's when I'm alive.

,..sittin' here wondering why,..

I think maybe it's because I'm a type that needs some kind of jolt to the senses to work up a good "happy".

I don't guess it has to be a motorcycle. I suspect a P51 Mustang would do it real well,...but the most raucous thing available to me to get that jolt is motorcycles.

I can't afford a P51.

That must be why winter hits me so bad.

It's not so much winter itself,...but winter prevents me from getting my jolt.

Mebbe you need to expand yer hoe-rye-zons, son. wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never dreamt they could do wheelies. That's a far cry from when I rode the old Rupp in the early '70's.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
,..not much extreme winter in Kentucky, but by this time of the year I'm numb with boredom.

I can't imagine how people up north function.

Lately, I've been giving a lot of thought to moving south. I never seriously considered it before,...I'm a dyed in the wool Kentuckian, but I'd really like to see fall arrive later and spring arrive earlier.

,...wouldn't want to go too far south and get into those oppressive summers.

Seems like mid-South Carolina has the climate I'm looking for,....but I can't find an area there that interests me other than the weather.

Oh hell,...I guess I'll be okay when it hits 65 degrees again,...but before next winter arrives, I've got to have something set up to occupy myself.

Bullshittin' on the computer has about run its course.

It ain't gonna do it.

Don't ask me...we get panicky if it gets below 15C (59f) in winter.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Between five winters in Alberta and three in Kazakhstan I am done with cold. North Idaho snow is fine as it ain't near cold.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right now it's -39* F in Fairbanks. It tends to keep out all but the hardiest of riff-raff.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ipopum
You could try Central America. Guatemala In particular. I spent 3 mos. a year there for 4 years. I knew there was a reason the southern latitudes were settled before our northern border states.

At about 5000 ft. elevation the weather is an eternal spring. Very little wind. Most of the rain came about 4 in the afternoon. Sound perfect? well almost but these old ears don't hear well enough to learn Spanish and they didn't seem interested in learning English. But we enjoyed the people, the food and most everything about our stays. As you get older the commute gets harder. The country has many Americans. It is really a melting pot of people from all over the world. Try it you might like it.
How are the gun laws?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The high in Austin in January averages around 60 degrees. Austin itself is too liberal, but there are a lot of little towns around there with anything you need in the city but without the 24-7 liberal horse shixt. There's a lot of illegals in Texas, but if it's just you and the Mrs...it would look good to me. Points on south for riding the bike even in the winter. LOTS of good fishing in Texas too.

I'm in the same boat as you Bristoe. I don't like the winters at all anymore.

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Go kill some coyotes - if there's snow on the ground now, you'll miss it when it's gone

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Go kill some coyotes - if there's snow on the ground now, you'll miss it when it's gone
Supposed to be snow on the ground here around Fort Scott pretty quick.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I hope so, there's a mating pair of Yotes where I deer hunt that I am wanting to whack this weekend.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
I hope so, there's a mating pair of Yotes where I deer hunt that I am wanting to whack this weekend.
Probably just be some ice storm here.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How do people stand more winter than this?

By working on projects like this...

[Linked Image]

Every thing is about ready to go. Made the trigger guard, pillars, mag well filler block (glue in) along with the scope rail blank. Action is blueprinted along with the bolt flutting and the addition of a new bolt knob. Also added a bolt release to the side of the action. Next step is to chamber/thread the barrel and do the stock inletting. Stock should be ready for clear coat in a few weeks...

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
The trick to getting through the long winter is finding things that you like to do in winter. Skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, ice fishing, predator hunting, etc. When you have lots to do and look forward to, winter moves right along. It doesn't hurt to take a week and go to a tropical location though, either smile

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Ethan you did have to mention that did't you. It is just like it might be here. But that said someone who knows there way around can get almost any firearm you want. That includes full auto. Just the way the people can get them here regardless of laws. If you are there for a short while I can live with it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The high in Austin in January averages around 60 degrees. Austin itself is too liberal, but there are a lot of little towns around there with anything you need in the city but without the 24-7 liberal horse shixt. There's a lot of illegals in Texas, but if it's just you and the Mrs...it would look good to me. Points on south for riding the bike even in the winter. LOTS of good fishing in Texas too.

I'm in the same boat as you Bristoe. I don't like the winters at all anymore.
more illegals in the northmen states they just pass through here for the most part.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 13 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 671 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,668
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.