Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Predict you will be pleased. grin

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

GB1

U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
Excellent Choice !
I have a Sako 85 in 7mm-08 and it's a dream ! From my point of view the 7mm-08 is a far better caliber than a 308W.

You should look at eurooptic.com its a "premium sako dealer" and look at the Sako 85 Grey wolf the barrel is a 22ic laminated stock.

if you want a synthetic stock you could upgrade and that the optimum barrel length for the 7/08.

I can't speak for the sako or kimber because I've never shot either, but I own a Xbolt in .325 WSM composite stalker and I love it. The removable mags make for quick reloads if you buy extra mags. Nice trigger. I worked up a load with 200 grain accubonds that shoots .75 inch group at 2900 fps. It's a great rifle for the money.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After owning a Sako 85, Kimber Montana's(3) and an X-Bolt, the Sako is certainly the pick for me.

Taking my rifle for a walk
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Congrats on your choice Miguel. I certainly hope you find your Sako.

It's difficult to ask questions and get all the negativity that comes with it and I don't care what forum you visit. Actually, The Fire is the best in my experience.

I was in the same boat as you, but I am able to handle all of them. Remington, Savage and Kimber were my choices and I just bought the Kimber 3 hours ago. I need a 6 lb. rifle for my hunting and Kimber nails it. I could care less about bench accuracy. If I can hit a pie plate at 100 yards then I am good to go. Weight is what I care about and nothing else.

I hope to add a Pre-Berretta Sako to my collection someday.
The Fins know their rifles.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It is an easy comparison:

Sako

Kimber, if it shoots...

Browning

Kimber, if it doesn't shoot.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So Sako's aren't designed to eject when shooting hogs or squirrels? whistle

I guess I'm lucky, Mine did. I wasn't aware that they were equipped with a super ejection mode, based soley on what you are shooting at. They should advertise that feature more...

I've got thousands of rounds through a dozen or so A-Bolts and have never had an ejection issue, misfire, etc.

Call me weird, but I tend to go with actual experience with something versus guess work and fourth hand info.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O.K. you are wierd...

Now that's out of the way, the conclusions made about the reliability issue seems to be based on DG hunting, that is the reason for the pig/squirrel comment.

Sakos are reliable and have been proven in the DG hunting fields of Africa, not to mention North America as well. No one, including Browning, makes a more reliable feeding and extracting action than a Sako. The PRF vs the CRF issue will always be debated, but the Sako hasn't been blamed for too many deaths due to unreliability. If I were traveling to Africa to hunt DG, I would still prefer a Sako with a magazine over a double rifle.

Sako's continue to work well beyond their acceptance by those who have not used them...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
... the conclusions made about the reliability issue seems to be based on DG hunting, that is the reason for the pig/squirrel comment.

The old Dangerous Game card... yikes.

First, I don't recall the OP saying he is hunting dangerous Game.

So let me see if I understand this, had my Browning's been shooting at "Dangerous Game", they probably wouldn't have a flawless ejection rate?

Please cite all the hunters who have been eaten by Dangerous game because their Browning failed to eject.

You can also include those who have been killed by martians and squatches.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
"The old dangerous game card".........Funny chit!............Hb

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
... the conclusions made about the reliability issue seems to be based on DG hunting, that is the reason for the pig/squirrel comment.

The old Dangerous Game card... yikes.

First, I don't recall the OP saying he is hunting dangerous Game.

So let me see if I understand this, had my Browning's been shooting at "Dangerous Game", they probably wouldn't have a flawless ejection rate?

Please cite all the hunters who have been eaten by Dangerous game because their Browning failed to eject.

Your love of Brownings is duly noted, I didn't ever say they weren't reliable or accurate, I was only posting the positive aspects of a Sako that have historically been brought up on this forum, not necessarily by you specifically...

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

John, I've been to Roswell and saw a Martian there. I've also seen a pink elephant or two. But I've yet to lay eyes on a "squatches". Is that some Deep South thang?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not sure its confined to the South, they're probably plenty in New Mexico, but ya'll are too busy looking up, checking the sky for spacecraft to see them.

Word is, Shrapnel has them hiding on his place in Montana.

Gonna turn 'em loose on A-Bolt owners, but I'm ready.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
... I didn't say I don't have ugly guns, just no room in my safe for one...

So basically, it just sounds to me like your safe has no room. laugh

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Miguel,
My Sako 85 Finnlight purchase was my last effort to buy a fine production rifle that would be all I could ever expect in a commercial offering. I added a McMillan Edge bedded & fitted by them. It fits me like a surgical glove. For the money, it's as much gun as you're gonna get.

If you are looking for a guarantee on loads & accuracy you'll have to go with a custom build.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,114
Posts18,464,448
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.