Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So I bought a item in the classifieds... On 11 feb money order in the mail... At this time I bought another item off classifieds, 15 feb mo went in the mail. The mo that went out on 15 feb to Oklahoma arrived on the 19 feb. The mo sent on the 11th to Connecticut arrived today wow... Bad part my wife put a check in the mail with tracking cause I figured that mo was long gone... Thank The Lord the seller was patient during this transaction.. So what's the longest it took po to deliver something?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Has taken up to 7 days for my credit union statement to get the four miles to my house.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Still waiting on a report to make the home office (105 miles away), 18 years later!

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Local p.o. frequently loses and misdirects mail. I took to online bill pay it got so bad and creditors griping. Really who would believe "the checks in the mail"?

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well it could be explained at least locally here....

over in White City OR, ( where Pacific Tool and Gauge is located), the little shopping center the PO is located in, some one stole the letter S off the sign for the PO...

so it reads, US POT Office.... I wonder how many people ever notice that?

but it does explain the Q/C one can expect from that post office...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I will never bitch about any of the delivery services as they are spot on 99.9+% of the time I am sure. I have had minor trip ups but no worries. I just received mail that went from Houston to Atyrau Kazakhstan to Brisbane Australia in eight days. 'course I bitch about very little as it's all taken in perspective.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had my tax return show up 4 1/2 years later one time, had two separate other letters show up a little over a year later. Think one was pushing a 1 1/2?

This past Dec. a priority mail package took 11 business days to show up.

Life is just one damned thing after another
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Holy smokes

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so it reads, US POT Office.... I wonder how many people ever notice that?

okay, that's pretty funny.

US POS with a picture of the president -- where the "T" used to be -- wouldn't be bad either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
had a tenant that always mailed a check in, they were never late, well one month I called and asked because it was about 5 days late they said they mailed it but would be right down with a another check, two months later I find this crumpled up envelope shoved in the mail box and low and behold it was there original check.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That is why I don't receive mail at home. They tend to lose things. Like antelope tags, elk tags, etc....

I have a PO Box 3 miles from my office and I can send or receive things in 3 days from anywhere except California.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are things that happen within the USPS' jurisdictions which can be puzzling, for sure. However, when you consider the costs involved....a letter goes for less than the price of a premium bullet, travels farther, arrives in the desired condition, and 'hits' the target reliably a much better percentage of the time than some of the premium stuff (bullets) that gets raved about here. wink

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Have no verification, but recall from around 8 years ago a local news channel running a piece about a Mother who received that week, a letter from her only Son. In hand writing, a few days prior to D-Day Invasion. I think the Mother was glad to have some kind of closure from the letter. But, talk about opening up the wound of an old heartbreak, just WOW!

That son was KIA on the beach landing. Had me shedding a few tears awhile for that Mother, whenever I thought about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tdd4570
That is why I don't receive mail at home. They tend to lose things. Like antelope tags, elk tags, etc....

I have a PO Box 3 miles from my office and I can send or receive things in 3 days from anywhere except California.

that doesnt work here, shipped a scope a couple weeks ago priority down to New Mexico and it took 7 days to get there, media mail from New Mexico to here took 9 days crazy had a priority mail letter take 6 months to get from here to the other side of the state.....YET i can get first class mail from Europe or eastern Asia in 3 days.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by batch
Local p.o. frequently loses and misdirects mail. I took to online bill pay it got so bad and creditors griping. Really who would believe "the checks in the mail"?

I hope you're not using that to pay Freeman hospital in Joplin, Missouri. They'll just apply your online bill pay to other peoples accounts, multiple times, and let you straighten it out with collections. Once you threaten the wrath of God on them (and show them the cleared checks that went through their system), they'll happily reimburse you for their mistake.

Just sayin'-

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by batch

at this point, anyone that uses the USPS frequently? if a customer tells us they sent a payment, at this point we tend to believe them if they have been on time in the past.....they have really gone to chit in the last year, we have gone to online paying for everything we can aswell....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I agree. I pay everything I can online.

But, I can't pay my water bill online. I can't pay it in town, even though the payment is to the local town. I have to send the payment to Denver for processing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my mail box is the only one... for 5 miles north and 3.5 miles south....(we go by hwy road mile markers for a "mail box" #) i get everyones mail it seems..."names and mile number" not even close! so often that i have took to writing "wrong address again " on every piece of mail!!....I hang onto "there mail" for 3 days and then drop it at another post office in town. then every other friday since last nov......I call them clowns at the post office in town and tell them how many pieces "they " screwed up. The lady who runs the PO hates to hear from me...she don't know who i am either smile this week i have not recived any one else's mail..so far there are 2 dayz left ---- I'll will be calling to let them know either way lol!!!! When i do call she answers, and i say "guess who got everyone elses mail -again" i sure am having a good time! rotflmao! cum'on friday! i can't wait!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,248
Posts18,466,936
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.