Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So, the employees are telling customers who ask, what day the ammo truck is coming in. It happened to be today. There was a line out the door at 9 am. By 9:05, they were completely sold out. ???? On the counter is a sign saying that there is a limit of 3 boxes of ammo per customer. How the heck did it all go in 5 minutes. The manager told me that the small gun shops are sending carloads of people. Brothers, sisters, cousins... They buy, walk out the door and get back in line. To them, they are now "new customers" entitled to 3 more boxes. How many times can you get in a line in 5 minutes! The whole weeks supply of ammo gone in 5 minutes. He said it's been like that week after week for months. It's just unreal, and it's the gun dealers buying it so they can resell it. I don't like that so much since the everyday guy trying to buy .22 ammo for his kids to shoot has to pay double markup if he can find ammo anywhere. For what. Just because some idiot in Washington wants to posture and lobby for pointless legislation. Just stupid.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why would you go to Dicks after they banned sales of ARs and canceled orders from customers?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't buy the small gun shop sending in hoardes of people story. I have no doubt people are buying all the ammo they can, I doubt it is Mom and Pop's gun store looking to resell it. That sounds like some bullschit one of the dopes who work at Dick's would come up with. Their employees are clueless about anything gun related.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I figure the truck brought about 3 boxes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeh you really need to hoard ammo right??? It will probably be banned.... NOT WTF is wrong with people????

1 and done
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just hope that the idiots hording the ammo/guns ect are the ones who are willing to fight and die if and when and illegitimate government comes to confiscate them?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by jdunham
I don't buy the small gun shop sending in hoardes of people story. I have no doubt people are buying all the ammo they can, I doubt it is Mom and Pop's gun store looking to resell it. That sounds like some bullschit one of the dopes who work at Dick's would come up with. Their employees are clueless about anything gun related.

Actually, it's the truth. I know of several small gun stores in New Mexico that would go to Walmart during the last ammo shortage. It was the only way they could get any ammo. The small dealers use disturbtors who will usually take care of their bigger customers first. The bigger customers are usually buying consortiums that can place very large orders. This leaves the small stores that can't afford to join, high and dry in times like these. Dicks, Cabelas, Walmart and other large chains, can buy directly from the manufacturer.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
They (the hoaders)fiqure that ammo is the new Gold. They buy it

at the now price and run off to the gun shows ect and make bucks.

Just wait till they have to buy some again ,and pay three times

more than they sold it for.

Bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I stocked up for years. and, put away reloading supplies too. It isn't manly of those of you who didn't think ahead to be seen crying in public.

Your gun nuts, so adapt - my local Coast to Coast store had 10 boxes of 7X57 - thats enough ammo to make it worth buying a 7 mauser.

If you are trying to find .223 at this stage of the crisis, your way behind the ooda curve.

Now is the time to stock up on Clorox for your water supply, toilet paper for your basic needs, and booze to trade to those hoarders for the ammo you need.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Dicks sucks Dicks.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Dicks management a bunch of bend over's. Wont set foot in the store ever again.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I would assume that significant portions of the supply were being "bought" by store insiders, who then plan to be the ones selling it later at an inflated price.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I would assume that significant portions of the supply were being "bought" by store insiders, who then plan to be the ones selling it later at an inflated price.

They probably have buyers already lined up....

FWIW, four years ago was the only time I got caught semi flat footed & that was only because I had three new rifles in different chamberings that I was trying to develop loads for. When I got down to about a thousand large rifle primers we were about ten months into the buying frenzy...since then, I've been buying either 22's or primers every payday up till the latest frenzy...I'm probably set for life even if I double my shooting habits.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slg888
Dicks sucks Dicks.

And who ways there are no poets on the 'Fire?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
I would start ordering online.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From who? There's nothing available on line either.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1 on the emplyees buying it up and selling it on the side. Can't really blame them, the work cheap during the good times.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

They are here. In fact, in many cases I've seen where they don't even bother pulling off the price sticker from the other store, they just put their sticker over the top of it. Heck, I've been in the Academy and recognized the employees from one of the main local shops in there when the Academy truck rolls in and buying the ammo.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wrote Dick's an email stating that I would NEVER step a foot in their store again based on their actions. I wish more would do the same. Dick's went one way when things go sticky, and Cabelas and Bass Pro went another. We should reward those who stood their ground, with us. I heard through the grapevine that Midway, though I havent seen proof yet, dropped a big sum of $ to the NRA shortly after Newtown.

Just like real life, you know who your friends really are when things get tough, not when things are easy.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It is the case, without a doubt. And it's nationwide.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,097 guests, and 1,437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.