Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I am trying to find any guns built by bob or albert forslund. If anyone knows of any that are for sale, I would love to hear about them.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've got one - give me a call.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Contemplating selling the CHeetah Brian?

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Nobody knew them better and there gun stuff then me - Pm for more info if you like ! smile RJ

375 H&H The Real KING of 375 's
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Send greydog a PM, if you don't know him already.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by REMINGTONJIM
Nobody knew them better and there gun stuff then me - Pm for more info if you like ! smile RJ

I'm betting there are more than a few of us on here that could dispute that Jim....And definately the OP can....

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
forslund;
This likely isn't helpful at all, merely a quick Albert and Bob story for you to hopefully give you some good memories.

They used to show up down at the annual Oliver turkey shoot in that old Suburban they drove - the one with the safari rack on the roof as I remember it.

Anyway one of them was more talkative than the other and as another fellow and I ran the center fire portion of the shoot I was there all day and would shoot the breeze with the Forslund brothers as well as shooting against them until I ran out of money that day. They won more than they lost. wink

I always appreciated that they were never secretive about their rifle builds or techniques. If I asked they'd go piece by piece through any of the rifles they'd brought and just why they'd gone with a Gaillard barrel for that one as opposed to another maker.

One year they showed up with what I remember as an A-Bolt in 6PPC - with I think a Gaillard barrel and that had really been worked over. It shot like the proverbial house on fire and caused quite a stir with some other folks who would show up from another town with some pretty fancy rifles usually built by Nobbi Uno.

Well, I've got to slither off to work now sir, but good luck on your quest for those rifles and thanks for stirring some great memories for me this morning. I hope Albert and Bob are hunting in a better spot right now.

All the best to you this fall in your upcoming hunts as well.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
RJ, I am replying to a post of yours from a few months ago about bob and albert forslund. You said that you knew them both really well. I would love to hear a few stories if you wanted to share any. Plus if you ever come across any guns that they built, I am still interested in buying them.

thank you, Bob F

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I bought my first fiberglass stock from Bob in 1977. I can recall a couple of rifles he and/or Albert built for guys. One was a 22/250 on a Shilen DGA action owned by a fellow name of Ray Platz who was, at that time (1976), in Clearwater. Another was a 6mm Remington, also on a Shilen DGA built for Larry Jensen who now resides in Logan Lake.
The Forslund brothers were some of my favourite people. Good shooters, very knowledgable and damned entertaining to boot! I spent a weekend with them and another friend up on the Bonaparte plateau, trying to hunt wolves. The wolves proved to be smarter than we were so we were unsuccessful on that front but the stories told by the brothers made up for it. GD

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
grey dog, are you still doing gunsmith work?

IC B3

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
bc30cal,
thank you for the stories. I always like hearing them. That suburban with the roof rack is still out in cherryville

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by forslund
bc30cal,
thank you for the stories. I always like hearing them. That suburban with the roof rack is still out in cherryville

you might try Wilcox gun works in Cherryville ,he's been around for a long time ,works on lots of guns

norm.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Still looking for any guns builts by bob or albert forslund

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
How would a person know if they had a Forslund built rifle ?
Did they put any signature marks on a build to identify their work ?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
You know, I don't recall them marking any of their rifles with a name. I don't even remember any markings on any of the actions they built.
One can't help but be impressed by the expertise and knowledge these brothers exhibited. They built their own actions, their own loading dies and even made their own bullet swaging dies although Bob said he made better bullets with dies he got from Ferris Pindell.
When you met the Forslunds, your first impression may well have been, "Hillbillys". If you were shooting against them though, you would revise that estimate pretty soon. Both were very good shooters and took their shooting seriously. When I had any questions about action tuning back then, I called Bob Forslund and always got an answer (in several thousand words)which made sense and steered me right. Every conversation I ever had with them was not only informative but vastly entertaining. Today, they would be reality TV stars for sure! GD

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I have only came across one action in which the forslund name was put on it, and that was the last one he built. Other then that, I would have to believe the story the seeller was telling me.
There were a few times that as I kid, my punishment for getting in trouble was going downstairs and making a 100 bullets for him.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My reason for asking is because of a rifle I bought during the winter.
It came from a very old chap in Armstrong who had it for decades.
He was suffering from advanced Alzheimers so his memory was pretty bad, but the rifle was done up for him by someone in the Okanagan area and its really nice.
Its a 98 Mauser in 8mm/06 and has a beautiful blueing job and a hand carved full length stock.
Every part and piece that isn't blued is highly polished, even the captive screws in the floor plate and trigger guard.
Someone put a great deal of work into it many years ago.
Wood to metal fit is as close to perfect as I have ever seen.
All lettering and serial numbers have been polished off during the build and the only marks are F3 on the left side of the receiver ring and 06 - 8 MM stamped on the left side of the barrel over the chamber.
I would dearly love to know who built this rifle because the work on it is awesome...

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I never knew them to stamp their guns, but they did alot of worknfor guys in the okanagan. It might be one of their pieces of work. If you can post a picture of it, i would like to see it. It sounds like a really nice rifle

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
222 members (257 mag, 2UP, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 24 invisible), 1,597 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.