-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone get to see this new machine at SHOT and care to share their impressions?
[Linked Image]

GB1

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It seems to do everything, but at $400 (Midway USA price), it's expensive. I've got the RCBS Trim Mate Prep Case Center that goes for $120 at Midway. It does all that I want, but I realize that the more powerful motor and greater versatility of the more expensive unit will appeal to others.

I bought my Trim Mate used for a song and it works well for me, although the motor is getting a little noisy and seems to labor.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
When one of the local sporting goods stores (mostly socks n jocks) went belly-up, I got a Trim Mate Prep Center for $20 or so, and the trimmer for $10, all manual power on the trimmer.

My TMPC seems to labor a bit, too. I ignore that, figuring that listening to the grinding and gnashing is still better than doing it by hand.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
My trim mate also makes noise sometimes,when it starts, I remove the bottom plate and lubricate the gears a little bit, makes a big difference.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by gnnrsig40
My trim mate also makes noise sometimes,when it starts, I remove the bottom plate and lubricate the gears a little bit, makes a big difference.

I'll try this - thanks.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's amazing how much money can be spent in acquiring powered assistance for the simplest of tasks.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 5sdad
It's amazing how much money can be spent in acquiring powered assistance for the simplest of tasks.

I hate trimming cases.Anything that helps me do it fast is worth the cost.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I hate trimming cases.Anything that helps me do it fast is worth the cost.

IOW, speed costs, how fast you wanna go? After 30+ years of cranking a handle, I'm ready to let a machine do it. Same goes for chamferring. Can't be bad for the joints either. I'm more interested in mechanizing the process than absolute speed, otherwise I'd just wait 'til I could get a Giraud and be done with it. Looking at the new RCBS trimmer case holding system, I'm not sure how I'd like the snap in jaws. And I'm not too keen on the original power trimmer's handle engage/disengage method or its protuberance from the motor.

It doesn't appear that anybody's seen the new RCBS trimmer/prep center combo unit to comment on it. I've been eying the CH4D power trimmer but not much in the way of info about them either. I'm also considering just getting a new manual trimmer and rigging up a sewing machine motor with foot control to power it. Decisions, decisions...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saw a thread on trimmers on the reloading forum. Someone recommended the Little Crow Gunworks World's Finest Trimmer. JB said it was good.

I bought one in 6.5 Creedmoor because I knew I was due to trim on my next loading. 700 cases!

I trimmed them in less than 1 hour. Consistent to .001".

AWESOME!
http://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/wft.html

laugh

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 40 invisible), 1,985 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,067
Posts18,463,501
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.