-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hunt woodcock in the Atchafalya Swamp with an English double that was made when Victoria was queen.....slob snob, I guess.

the mud wipes off.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like a quality gun that shoots good. If it's got engraving, that just makes it purtier. If it gots some Pearl or Ivory grips, that's good too. Gotta be a shooter first and a looker second. I don't know what that makes me. I don't really care.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All I care about is if it kills stuff when I pull the trigger. Fancy wood and gold inlays mean nothing to me, and I can't afford 'em anyway, so it's a moot point. 'Guess that makes me a gun slob.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hoyt,

That's a real pretty hunting rifle!

Nicely done, both in the making and the hunting....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hoyt
These days, when I get in the mood for a new one I build it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Beautiful.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oulufinn
95+ percent slob. It's kind of a relief when a rifle, scope or truck get that first real scratch. It usually means you're using it, not just lookin' at it. It's kind of liberating, as you know there will be more, soon. Drive it like ya stole it.

It's even more fun when you see a snob have a conniption fit when they get some kind of a little ding in some of their gear. cool

Perzactly, especialy watching the snob cry. laugh

Sean
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I've tryed to be a gun snob all my life. It just doesn't work out. Nothing wrong with it, I just find that four identicle 870's are more important to me than one piece of "art". A friend of mine showed me a 1904 Colt Bisley in mint conditiom with original stag grips, he picked up for $400 Saturday. The gun was stunning, but all I could think of was "Man, I'd love to auction that thing.".

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
One of the things that always strikes me about these threads is how the rifle-is-a-tool guys get really snobby about their purism. They somehow think their attitude makes them superior--and thus are far snobbier than those who own and hunt with nice walnut-stocked rifles of any sort.

Personally, I'm a rifle loony, meaning I own and HUNT with a pile of different rifles, ranging from totally factory bolt-actions with Tupperware stocks, to very fancy custom and antique rifles that have been wet or dragged through the dirt many times.

I feel the same way about trailer queens. Go to a car show and see a knockout with rock chips in the fender wells is by far better than one that has only been rubbed with carnuba and a cloth diaper. Just like women, looks can be decieveing.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice rifle - and deer!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There's nothing like art that shoots! cool cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I figure a gun is a tool. I buy them to do a job and do it well. I don't care what it looks like as long as it shoots every time and is accurate. My big game and varmint rifles are both ugly, black, plastic stocked Savages. Ugly, yes. Accurate and reliable - double yes. If I need something to hug and caress, I have a perfectly good wife at home.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nice flinter, but how'd that post get in here?

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just can't bring myself to like a syn stock. Give me a nice piece of wood anyday, but it won't be as pretty when i use it for a season...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Timberlake

Thanks. Right now I'm a gun slob who likes to build nice looking flintlocks to hunt with. Are you in the snob section? If so, here's another one to bitch about.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nice going, of course a flinter will be about the only thing you can own in Illanoise soon.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dats the biggest grouse Ive ever seen....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's a miniature flint, Hoyt is only 3 foot tall..

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a few guns. I think they're pretty (including my Glock). Others may not. I use all my guns.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Timberlake

Thanks. Right now I'm a gun slob who likes to build nice looking flintlocks to hunt with. Are you in the snob section? If so, here's another one to bitch about.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yes, I was in the snob & slob section and then this thread came about at page 5. Still, a very nice flinter!

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I am schizophrenic.. crazy..I like them all,whether SS/Syn or fancy wood and pimped metal.But,they have to work well to keep me happy.... I hate cheap rifles...this is not the same as "inexpensive" rifles which can be good tools that will last a lifetime of service.Cheap rifles are junk.

The notion that fancy wood stocked rifles, built to hunt,are not great hunting rifles, is incorrect."Pretty" does not mean "fragile".

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

706 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 3,095 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,485
Posts18,451,963
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.