Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I thought I would write about the newest scope alignment tool that I have tried the Reticule Tru Alignment and Scope Tru Alignment Bar, I recently purchased these two tools from Parabola-LLC. Being extremely anal about mounting rifle scopes I cant believe how easy these two products make scope mounting. From checking the ring alignment to the center of the rifle bore and getting the reticule perfect it is extremely easy. The first scope I used this system on turned out perfect I sighted the rifle in then ran it to six hundred yards in one hundred yard increments then back usually doing this shows if my crosshairs are right this is the first time I havent had to adjust my vertical crosshair. I have had decent luck using other methods but this was the easiest I have ever tried.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are other guys writing good things about these tools, so I just might have to look into them.

I use a Reticle Leveler that I've had for some time, but if this does a better job, and everybody seems to like it, I'll just have to get me one.

Thanks for the review.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by rednecklineman
I thought I would write about the newest scope alignment tool that I have tried the Reticule Tru Alignment and Scope Tru Alignment Bar, I recently purchased these two tools from Parabola-LLC. Being extremely anal about mounting rifle scopes I cant believe how easy these two products make scope mounting. From checking the ring alignment to the center of the rifle bore and getting the reticule perfect it is extremely easy. The first scope I used this system on turned out perfect I sighted the rifle in then ran it to six hundred yards in one hundred yard increments then back usually doing this shows if my crosshairs are right this is the first time I havent had to adjust my vertical crosshair. I have had decent luck using other methods but this was the easiest I have ever tried.

+1

Jerry at Parabola-LLC if a good guy and has some great, innovative products he's bring on line.

I've enjoyed visiting with him via emails and am impressed with him and what he's doing.

Both tools are very sturdy, easy to use and well thought out.

Kudos to Jerry, as every new and useful product enhances our sport and our enjoyment of that sport.

And everything is made right there in Montana...

DF

Edited to add link.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7308920/1

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/05/13.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I recently bought one of the Reticle-Tru devices and have been using it quite a bit. It works very well - sure beats eyeballing it like I have been for the last twenty-some years.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Talking with Jerry sold me on his products, he is a very knowledgeable guy. His attention to detail and fit and finish on his products is something you dont come across very often these days.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like a nice & simple idea. Realize this is more than likely a one man show and manufacturing costs are high, but 70.00 bucks seems a little steep?

Life is just one damned thing after another
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've had both of these tools for a year+, and wonder how I could have been without them all my life. Jerry puts superb craftsmanship into them, and they work like no others on the market. Are they worth it? For me, you bet they are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cal74
Looks like a nice & simple idea. Realize this is more than likely a one man show and manufacturing costs are high, but 70.00 bucks seems a little steep?

$70.00 does seem like a lot of money to just get a scope mounted straight to the bore, but the tool is machined from solid bar stock steel. It is finished with knurling and coated with anti-rusting material, all adding up to an expensive piece to produce. This has to be outsourced to a local machine shop, as Jerry doesn't have the equipment to make these bars.

Overall, it is designed to perfectly align the scope to the bore without putting pressure on the scope through poorly aligned rings. All said and done, it works better than anything else out there and it won't warp or go out of trueness. You can still twist rings on your rifle with your scope or a dowel, but this will save the scope and set it up so that sighting the rifle in is much closer than any other method you will find.

The reticle tru will also help to put your scope on in a perfectly vertical alignment, so you don't have that canted view, once you thought you had the scope on straight...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
And it's NOT made in China.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
And it's NOT made in China.

Exactly what I was thinking as I read your post. Made in Montana sounds a heap better than Made in China...!

As his business volume expands, he may be able to produce an injection molded Reticle-Tru. The set up cost is pretty steep, but the product cost should be less.

One poster mentioned "simple". Great ideas are often quite simple.

Simplistic elegance describes Jerry's work, IMHO.

DF

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by shrapnel

$70.00 does seem like a lot of money to just get a scope mounted straight to the bore, but the tool is machined from solid bar stock steel. It is finished with knurling and coated with anti-rusting material, all adding up to an expensive piece to produce.

A finely machined piece of tool steel with knurling and coatings is what it is. Not many ways to make a cheap version of that.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was referring to the reticule true in regards to the post, I can understand the machined bar/alignment.

Also certainly understand the set-up costs, his time, etc. BUT, 70 bucks for a piece of plastic will be the limiting factor for a lot of people.

Market something like that for 20 bucks and you'll sell 10x as many as you would one at 70 bucks. But in order to get that price point down there, you have to have the marketing/distribution.

Life is just one damned thing after another
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've mounted 3 scopes since I bought my reticle tru, simply fool proof. Works great and made in the USA, worth every penny if you ask me.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just ordered a reticle tru. Look forward to trying it out

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Market something like that for 20 bucks and you'll sell 10x as many as you would one at 70 bucks. But in order to get that price point down there, you have to have the marketing/distribution.

It is a catch 22, for sure. The CNC machined Delrin product should be better than an injection molded version. But not multiples better, you're right. Jerry has to get this going before he's in a position to mass produce. Injection mold dies are very expensive. But, once he has them, it's mass production time. He just doesn't need to get ahead of himself and he's acutely aware of that. He is a stickler for details and when he rolls something out, it's going to be right.

I could see the CNC machined Delrin tool being offered for high volume, commercial use even after the injection molded, consumer version is on the market.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/06/13.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
When I ordered my Reticle Tru I was able to get a blemished product for around $40-50. I can not see anything wrong with mine so it was a nice savings. This is a awesome device and makes scope alignment so easy.

Last edited by sorth; 03/06/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought one a couple months ago and have used it a few times. Absolutely the best mounting tool I have ever used. Was it worth it you ask, without a doubt. I know $70 is a lot for something that looks so easy but let me tell you it is very well made and should never wear out. In just the time savings alone over the last couple of months this thing has about paid for itself. I can do in 7-8 minutes what I used to mess around with for 45 minutes trying to get it just right. And half the time it was still not right and I would have to re-adjust it.

If you are thinking about buying one, do it, you will not be sorry.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by stevenautique
I just ordered a reticle tru. Look forward to trying it out

You will be very happy with it. Great tool that makes mounting a scope and lining up the crosshairs properly much easier.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 24 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,726
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.