Print Thread
Hop To
S
Shod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I just picked one of these up in 9 mm. I am curious what others experiences have been with this pistol?

Shod

BP-B2

S
Shod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Well you see young lad.......the pistol you bought is a fine piece of machinery!!! Well thank you kind sir.......think I'll wander back on over to the rifle sections now!! It was a pleasure getting the opportunity to chat with all the handgun fellas!

S
Shod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Dear Shod....(myself),
I'd like to take this time to thank me for giving myself a heads up on the CZ. 999 pistol that I (yourself)(me) bought. You (myself) should be very pleased with the sidearm considering that during testing the pistol was fired 120,000 times and still maintained like new accuracy where as apon inspection the pistol showed no significant wear and during the test required the changing of zero parts. If I haven't mentioned to myself yet it is also noteworthy that the 2 3/4 trigger pull right out of the box beats the hell out of my glocks 8 lbs trigger. So far in 500 + rounds the CZ has zero jams beating my glock by 2 in the glocks first 100 rounds. My CZ printed 2 inch 25 yd groups with a rest while my glock averages 6. Not bad considering the CZ cost $200 less! Admittedly I attribute the glocks groups to the horrific 8 lbs trigger it came with. Overall I would conclude that I would be willing to pay $300 more for my CZ 999 than I would for my glock 19 .

Shod

Last edited by Shod; 03/06/13.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
No offense, Shod, but I didn't answer your post because I don't know a danged thing about 'em. Never even heard of one, to tell the truth. I like CZ stuff, I have four of their rifles and owned an original CZ-75 when they were hard to get in this country, but I've never heard of the 999.

I'd reckon I'm not alone in this. If someone else had any experience with them, they'd likely share that with you. This is a pretty good bunch, and not shy about sharing their experiences.

However, showing your ass isn't a good way to achieve success.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 03/07/13.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shot it once, it was generally issued to the StB - the secret police of the communist regime back in Czechoslovakia. It handled rather nicely, but i dont care much for automatic weapons.

Hmm, now i am thinking, your's does not have the auto option, does it?

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh, my bad, and I am sorry - the one I am talking about is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0korpion_vz._61

I don't know a $hit about 999.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The CZ 999 is made by Zastava in Serbia and was created a product for the export market for law enforcement or civilian sales. They were imported for a while by Charles Daly but have never had impressive sales numbers mostly because Charles Daly just doesn�t have the marketing budget of the larger manufacturers; I really couldn�t tell you if they�re still imported or who the newer importers are. Zastava has an excellent reputation as a maker of very high quality military and sporting arms. Zastava made SKS rifles show a manufacture quality easily as high as US made military arms. Zastava has made sporting Mauser action rifles for as long as I can remember, and they have always been popular for custom gunmakers to turn into �best� quality sporters.

The 999 Scorpion is in most ways a copy of a Sig 226 with some changes. It incorporates the old style Sig slide that is stamped, welded, profiled, and then a center block is pinned in. So like the Sig�s, that roll pin that holds in the center block will need to be changed from time to time, but I don�t recall what the recommended change interval is. I have heard that the 999 has seen some sales to Serbian military units and law enforcement.

I have handled one, but have not fired one. The one I handled looked pretty well made, but obviously not as nice as a Sig. I have no reason to believe it�s not a good quality pistol based on Zastava�s history alone. The only concern to have with this pistol is the availability of magazines and parts should something break. It would be interesting to know if Sig magazines or perhaps something else will work in the Zastava.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Zastava also built Yugos smile

S
Shod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Ratsmacker, I appoligize if I came off like an ass.....it wasn't intended that way. Sometimes my weird sense of humour makes me look bad. I do agree with you that there are a great bunch of fellas on the forum.

It shouldn't surprise me that the pistol isn't well known yet.....there new for 2013 and the one I received the serial # is 00093. Zastava plans to do a run of 25,000 this year.

The Zastava CZ 999 because it is so unknown is selling for dirt cheap right now. I picked mine up for $395. I feel the pistol is comparable to most $750 pistol and prices are expected to go up as the pistol becomes more known. The quality should really sell this semi auto pistol.

Shod

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Czech_Made
Oh, my bad, and I am sorry - the one I am talking about is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0korpion_vz._61

I don't know a $hit about 999.

Yeah, I thought you were talking about a different Skorpion.

The Vz61 Skorpion is a weird little machine. In typical Czech fashion, it�s utterly reliable, but as to it�s worth I�m dubious. Rate of fire was something like 900rpm and the whole thing was so short it was difficult to really know what you were doing with the thing. With the super high rate of fire, just about the time you adjust your fire to get on target, your mag is empty. As a range toy it was a butt-load of fun, but as a practical weapon, you find yourself wondering exactly what they were thinking.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Shod
Ratsmacker, I appoligize if I came off like an ass.....it wasn't intended that way. Sometimes my weird sense of humour makes me look bad. I do agree with you that there are a great bunch of fellas on the forum.

It shouldn't surprise me that the pistol isn't well known yet.....there new for 2013 and the one I received the serial # is 00093. Zastava plans to do a run of 25,000 this year.

The Zastava CZ 999 because it is so unknown is selling for dirt cheap right now. I picked mine up for $395. I feel the pistol is comparable to most $750 pistol and prices are expected to go up as the pistol becomes more known. The quality should really sell this semi auto pistol.

Shod

Even the best products don�t sell themselves. Whether or not the 999 will catch on will most likely come down to the importers ability to market the pistol. They need to get it into the hands of all the gunzine writers, and all the popular online gun web sites. Then they need to have a bunch of people buy them and have a good experience with them. Glock really set the bar for how to kick off a pistol in the US. Any company would be smart to emulate much of their approach.

S
Shod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Apparently Zastava has been manufacturing guns since the late 1800s. Every time I mention the name Zastava to just about anyone the common reply I get is....a zasta what? Never heard of it! I suppose that's could be an indication of Zastava marketing skills however because Zastava seems to be well known in some of the foreign land and not here in the US I'm leaning more towards a conflict of interest.

Shod

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
489 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 46 invisible), 2,179 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.