Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458Win
The women Greg was visiting was a business acquaintance and I think was also probably an employee. She Was also a close friend of my daughter and had recently been in a bad auto accident , which was why Greg was visiting.
It was a bad deal all around.

Phil, thanks for injecting some reason into this discussion. I hate the way everyone wants to believe the worst about Greg, instead of the gentle truth.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by David_Walter
The women Greg was visiting was a business acquaintance and I think was also probably an employee. She Was also a close friend of my daughter and had recently been in a bad auto accident , which was why Greg was visiting.

Phil, thanks for injecting some reason into this discussion. I hate the way everyone wants to believe the worst about Greg, instead of the gentle truth.

I hear this -

We will see if anyone who posted initial BS on this thread has any remorse but I highly doubt that -

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Personally, I could care less what the circumstances were. I only met Greg a few times and corresponded with him several times about bringing my son into hunting.

He was always generous with his time and willing to give his perspective on bringing a young man into our sport.

My son and I spent time with him at SCI and had a great time talking about hunts and rifles.

RIP

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by GregW

I hear this -

We will see if anyone who posted initial BS on this thread has any remorse but I highly doubt that -

If any of them had half an ounce of class, they'd go back and delete their comments out of respect for family and friends, some of whom may well read this thread.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IF they had the half ounce of class you speak of, the comments wouldn't have been made in the first place.

Two new widows deserve better.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I feel for those that have to live with the loss. They will never heal. May they find peace at least.

Amen

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I'm glad to see some people stepping up. I posted the below in "Ask the Gunwriters":

Why all of the passing judgement and piling on? Investigators have said it was a professional relationship...we have no proof otherwise. He was a good guy, helpful to members on here and a great writer. Mourn his passing, celebrate his life, and move on.We want our second amendment rights...lets give him the right to be innocent until proven guilty. What if his family reads this crap everyone is writing?

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
They will read it... common decency is long gone...

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Who knows when a couple may be having problems and a job and income to a woman may be the straw that would allow her to become self sufficient and move on and/or the straw that broke the camels back?

Last edited by eyeball; 03/08/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Flfiremedic
I'm glad to see some people stepping up. I posted the below in "Ask the Gunwriters":

Why all of the passing judgement and piling on? Investigators have said it was a professional relationship...we have no proof otherwise. He was a good guy, helpful to members on here and a great writer. Mourn his passing, celebrate his life, and move on.We want our second amendment rights...lets give him the right to be innocent until proven guilty. What if his family reads this crap everyone is writing?

+1 He was a really good guy in my interactions with him here. Prayers for the families involved.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Never heard of him but its too bad anyones life is cut short for whatever reason.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Originally Posted by GregW

I hear this -

If any of them had half an ounce of class, they'd go back and delete their comments out of respect for family and friends, some of whom may well read this thread.

The tendency of some Oriental speakers to combine the l phoneme and the r phoneme is harmless enough � even some times amusing � when it makes election sound like erection, for instance, or vice versa, but woe unto us all when we equate crass with class.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834

Agreed, it could be just a nut case.
But the behavior of the shooter following the incident is textbook. If I'm wrong I'll be surprised. Not maligning the victim, just looking at the known facts and forming an opinion.

You know full well what you are doing. Not maligning the victim? Whatever dude...

Looking at the known facts!? What known facts!? You know zero facts other he is dead. Unless you were there, you don't know what happened at this point. Known facts...since when are reporters privy to known facts? All you have is some articles speculating.

Now shut the heck up!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Unreal I went to highschool with the shooter, Never imagined him making a choice like that in life.Sad deal with all the kids involved.I am shocked....

1 and done
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Never heard of him but its too bad anyones life is cut short for whatever reason.
you evidently never listen to Zero (or Feinstein, or pelosi, or reed) on TV. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Not always. Had a friend shot by a woman's husband at work. Why, because he was a [bleep] nutcase.

Agreed, it could be just a nut case.
But the behavior of the shooter following the incident is textbook. If I'm wrong I'll be surprised. Not maligning the victim, just looking at the known facts and forming an opinion.

If he had been just a nut case he would have shot the woman to . Evidently the man though something was going on , to shoot a man and then kill himself. He wasn't crazy or he would have killed everyone .

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Get divorced or run away or whatever. Divorce is cheaper than life in prison.
Don't go screwing married women, it might cost more than you think.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sucks to hear this.

And really too bad that some jumped to conclusions. People don't usually go meet a chick, their having an affair with, at the chick's mother's house. Apparently that bit of obviousness escaped them.

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
241 members (300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,652 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,926
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.