Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Rodriguez died from multiple gunshot wounds to the torso, arm, shoulder and right leg, the police chief said."

eek

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Here is where the woman Greg was visiting works. Pretty interesting product here.

http://proofresearch.com/heres-proof/

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

G
gbp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I fail to see where she works has any bearing
Most people here know, or should know Proof Reas.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gbp
I fail to see where she works has any bearing
Most people here know, or should know Proof Reas.

Pretty offensive, huh? Life is tough for some people, I guess.

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm guessing it means she's likely not a employee of Mr. Rodriguez, as some have asserted, right?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I understand that she is employed by Proof Research.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

A West Glacier man killed a well-known Texas hunting expert Thursday night in Whitefish in an apparent crime of passion before assaulting his wife and later killing himself, according to the Whitefish Police Department.

Greg G. Rodriguez, 43, of Sugar Land, Texas, was visiting Lindsey Bengtson at her mother�s home on River Lakes Parkway in Whitefish when her husband, Wayne Bengtson, 41, showed up.

�Mr. Rodriguez was up here on business, apparently, from what we have found out, and had stopped to talk with [Bengtson�s wife] for the evening and have a glass of wine,� Whitefish Police Chief Bill Dial said during a press conference Friday.

Dial said Bengtson showed up while the pair were in the kitchen, cursed at them and immediately fired four shots from a .44-caliber revolver from three feet away.

The shots hit Rodriguez in the torso, arm, shoulder and right leg, killing him almost instantly. The shooting occurred around 10:30 p.m.

Bengtson then assaulted his wife, hitting her with the pistol at least once, leaving her with a concussion, a black eye, swollen lips, and several contusions. She was treated at North Valley Hospital and released that night.

After the assault, Bengtson took their 2-year-old son, who had been asleep in a downstairs bedroom, and fled the home. He dropped the child off, unharmed, at a relative�s home in Columbia Heights before driving to his own home in West Glacier.

Flathead County deputies found Bengtson�s truck in the driveway of his West Glacier home off U.S. 2 behind Glacier Raft Co., and the SWAT team was deployed. The team was unable to contact Bengtson and eventually entered his home at about 4 a.m. They found him in his bedroom, dead of a single self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

According to Dial, Bengtson�s wife said they had argued recently but not seriously, and there had been no indication that he would do anything like what he did Thursday.

Dial said it is also believed that the relationship between Bengtson�s wife and Rodriguez, who had met each other at a trade show, was purely professional, and the reason for the visit was to talk about a business-related project. Lindsey Bengtson works for a local firearms manufacturer.

�Perhaps the husband thought maybe it was more than that,� Dial said.

Dial said there was no indication Bengtson was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crime.

Law enforcement officers later located the child taken from the house.

�We called Child Protective Services and they have intervened to make sure that the mother and the child are adequately cared for and are reunited appropriately,� Dial said.

The woman�s mother was out of town at the time of the incident.

Rodriguez was known as an outfitter, hunting consultant, award-winning outdoor writer and marksmanship consultant.

He had connections with the Flathead Valley firearms industry and previously had worked with Proof Research.

Rodriguez was the founder and chief executive officer of Global Adventure Outfitters. According to the organization�s website, Rodriguez had hunted in 21 countries on six continents � including 55 African safaris � and taken 140 species of animals.

He hosted �A Rifleman�s Journal� on The Sportsman Channel, which premiered on June 30, 2012, and was the recipient of a 2012 Sportsman�s Choice Award for best educational/instructional show. The second season was scheduled to start in July of this year.

�A Rifleman�s Journal� tracks Rodriguez�s hunting travels to exotic locations, according to a Sportsman Channel description.

Rodriguez also was a shooting editor at Shooting Times Magazine and a contributing editor at Petersen�s Hunting, Guns & Ammo, and Dangerous Game.

His writing has been published internationally as well. Rodriguez had served as president of Safari Club International Houston and as vice president of the Houston Safari Club.

He lived in Texas with his wife, Lisa, and two children, Chloe, 14, and Cole, 12.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thanks for posting that update...hopefully some of the speculators will read it and STFU....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
Thanks for posting that update...hopefully some of the speculators will read it and STFU....

would be nice wouldn't it...gotta love the internet crime experts on here ....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

How dare we speculate on a story!

At the Campfire no less.

lolol

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
From the other thread:
Originally Posted by carbonman
The woman in question works for me. Greg worked with me. The 2 together were working on my business. Those that are slandering the 2 can shut the [bleep] up.
What total garbage I see here. You should be ashamed!

This should end it but it won't

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Nope. I could start a thread on the Hunters Campfire giving away free gold bars and within four pages it would turn into a pizzing match somehow.

Oh, well...the other good thing about the relative anonymity of the innanet is that it makes it easier to call these people azzhats....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Linsey Bengstson works for Proof Research in the sales dept. so it is quite possible she and GregR got together for some industry gossip. Too bad it ended up as industry gossip.

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I hope someone can convince Mr. Bin to delete this thread, promptly. Families read and have feelings.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nope. I could start a thread on the Hunters Campfire giving away free gold bars and within four pages it would turn into a pizzing match somehow.

Oh, well...the other good thing about the relative anonymity of the innanet is that it makes it easier to call these people azzhats....

That would be the point when you ran out of gold bars. wink

People are [bleep]...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This one AND the other two.....

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I really hate that this happened.In no way was the shooting justified.It would not have happened though if a married man hadn't been spending time alone with a married woman.All I'm saying is that it is never a good idea for a married man to be alone with a woman other than his wife if at all possible.

My heart goes out to the children and I will be praying for the whole family.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Since this site is on Greg's computer, they (family) will read these threads along everything else he wrote here.

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Agreed

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (007FJ, 22250rem, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,153 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,236
Posts18,466,731
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.