Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
With more and more women working in the business world today, it's increasingly probable that any given man-woman contact is directly related to business and completely devoid of hanky-panky.

I've worked in many offices with many women all around me, since the 1940s. I've worked FOR women as well as WITH women. Even where there was hanky-panky going on, it was far less frequent than the honest, honorable, innocent relationships.

I assume that everyone here has been thus exposed to exactly similar certainties.

Thus it's utterly foolish to assume that any man who's meeting a woman, anywhere, is engaging in hanky-panky. The odds are dramatically against it, despite what sewerish minds delight in assuming.

That's all fine and dandy but I'm pretty sure not too many men are going to be fine with their wives drinking some whine alone with another man in his home. Whatever the reason.

Not a shooting offense(unless he stuck his pecker where it didn't belong wink ) but not something that typically ends well either.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RufusG
I honestly can't recall reading a thread on the 'Fire that left me feeling so diminished as a human being. And I'm not talking about the tragedy that ended someone's life.

I can't remember any instance when the Campfire showed its sorry side so blatantly and so unapologetically.

Even those who opined that the Weavers and the Koresh followers deserved what they got were no worse than what we're seeing here.

Even those who commit felonies that merit the death penalty are legitimately entitled to due process and do not deserve summary condemnation and inhumane execution.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by RISJR

As for speculation, it's the rule, not the exception at the 24H Campfire.

Ah yes, and there is the rub, is it not?

We proud, we few, we band of..........rectal orifices!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
This is a tragedy. The only way to make it more so is to speculate about things which we don't have the facts to support.

As to drawing conclusions, I've known a lot of people that tend to believe others are like themselves.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've made my earlier comment and stand by it.

With that said...FB, there are many,many women who have sat on the other side of my desk who had sought shelter at their folk's home.

Simply a career observation. Take it as you will.

This smells because of the murder. The authors of the articles published today didn't help with their vernacular or implied suggestions,either.

If you were a lawyer sitting in a consult with one of the parties or witnesses, and you had already read the newspaper articles, where would your brain be taking you?

I sure hope this ends the way most wish it would end but 25 years of dealing with these type dynamics suggest this was far more intricate than just a simple employer/employee relationship.

As for speculation, it's the rule, not the exception at the 24H Campfire.

But why would the shooter off himself in such a case? Wouldn't the shooter be more likely to call police and take 18 mos in jail on a manslaughter charge? What jury would fry a guy that killed an interloper caught in the act?

Now, a crazy guy killing an innocent man and then realizing how FU that is, that's the type that would blow their own head off.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
SPECULATORS!!!

Check the other thread " The Latest on Greg Rodriguez"

Last edited by ingwe; 03/08/13.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That's certainly plausible, as well. Who knows as yet?

Hell of a coincidence though that this shooter, at 10pm or maybe even earlier,drove 25 miles to his MIL's home and and just happened to find his wife entertaining another man in that home.

Color me lawyer skeptical but I have to believe there's a bit more to it. I'll also say though, for the sake of all innocents, especially the kids,I hope this is simply one of those senseless acts of derangement limited solely to one sick individual.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Everybody should just give it a rest.

The truth is no one here can say what happened.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speculator!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BarryC
Wouldn't the shooter be more likely to call police and take 18 mos in jail on a manslaughter charge? What jury would fry a guy that killed an interloper caught in the act?

What fantasy world do you live in?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hell of a coincidence though that this shooter, at 10pm or maybe even earlier,drove 25 miles to his MIL's home and and just happened to find his wife entertaining another man in that home.

At the very least, this guy showed an incredible lack of common sense.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Someone post a story about a cops being bad and it's the gospel.

Someone posts a story about someone in the hunting industry it's all speculation...

Laffin....

Dink

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I bet one of those Newtown kids deserved a good massacring too, probably slipped his best friends girl a note.

It's a damn sad day when the first thing discussed after a good man gets shot is whether he deserved it or not. WTF?

Prayers for his family.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well,....we're allowed to "speculate" when it comes to you cops.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DINK
Someone post a story about a cops being bad and it's the gospel.

Someone posts a story about someone in the hunting industry it's all speculation...

Laffin....

Dink

No, no, no, one is speculation to cops, the other is speculation to people in the hunting industry or who knew him. Everybody else in both cases takes it as gospel. I see a trend...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh man!!! Not Greg!

I loved his articles and I could tell how proud he was of his kids. The way those articles read makes it sound scandalous. Kinda makes me think they are trying to sell newspapers or something. Prayers for his family. So sad.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I suppose in this day and age it is common for a man to visit a married woman without the husband at home.I would never do it and wouldn't expect my wife to have a male friend over when I wasn't home either.The scripture tells us to avoid the very appearance of evil.I will do everything possible to never even be alone with a woman other than my wife.

I have no idea what happened here but I suspect the husband at least thought something was going on.It is a terrible tragedy for everyone involved,especially the children but it may be one we can also learn from.

You have just dated yourself as being from a bygone time when there were such things as manors and honor. In today's time that makes you and I relics from the past.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just to add my personal experience with Greg for those that seem quick to jump to baseless conclusions.

Greg wrote an article about the 7mm Rem Mag in both Shooting Times and Hunting Illustrated. He included quite a bit on the Long Range use of the 7mm and mentioned me and the company I represented at the time. Really good exposure and many gun writers would have tried to parlay that exposure into lots of free product or ever just straight up monetary compensation.

Greg didn�t, simple as that.

Quit guessin on the situation guys. Greg was a stand up guy and this is a [bleep] situation.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
"Sitting at the kitchen table" � sounds like just the place to be putting one's pecker where it doesn't belong, doesn't it?

Ken, Ken, Ken...

Don't knock it, 'til ya tried it!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175
Whatever the real reason he was there it cost him his life and his family a lot of misery.

Don't any of you get it?
He did nothing to cost his life. The freakin' nutbag husband took his life.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 81 invisible), 2,688 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.