24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So many people who post on this site profess to be Christians and yet look at the innuendo they put out.

I can't begin to count the number of posters here who have totally lost my respect and will never gain it back.

Only one word describes my feelings about the negative posters - DISGUST!

Jim

BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
So many people who post on this site profess to be Christians and yet look at the innuendo they put out.

I can't begin to count the number of posters here who have totally lost my respect and will never gain it back.

Only one word describes my feelings about the negative posters - DISGUST!

Jim

I suppose you're Christian?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by DINK
Someone post a story about a cops being bad and it's the gospel.

Someone posts a story about someone in the hunting industry it's all speculation...

Laffin....

Dink

Bingo!!!!

Just forget about the members of the 24 hour campfire junior varsity team even considering the possibility that one of their beloved coaches may have been parking his Corvette in the wrong garage. They won't hear of it.

Lord knows no fine upstanding gentleman ever got himself in a jam over a woman. Just ask Gen. David Petraeus. That disposes with the "he was a fine guy so there's no way he was diddling" BS.

This is a high profile case and will be discussed and speculated about at length, particularly in this part of the country, much to the disapproval of the 24 hr. campfire JV team.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Big Blob Beckel once impressed me with a witty comment about Joe Biden � "Joe Biden never had an unspoken thought in his life." That comment, though, seemed somewhat less witty, less impressive, each time later when I heard him say exactly that about several others.

I've learned a ton or two from many good guys here on the 'fire, but Big Blob's pet witty keeps coming back to me as I notice, again and again, how many here still haven't discerned the often crucial distinction between a thought thought and a posted thought.

Many's the time when I've saved myself much deep and undying embarrassment by simply keeping certain thoughts and opinions safely inside the echoing vacuum of the dark, cold cavern between my ears. It's a priceless knack that I'd love to be able to bottle and then to give away by the gross (to the gross � hee hee!).

What's that old saying? Something like It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than it is to speak and demolish all doubt. Amen to that!

(Have had to apologize several times, and to thank others for correcting me, but never for NOT having said something regrettably deplorable.)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Kindly note I cast no accusations at anyone. I have no clue what really happened and not suggesting anything was wrong. My reply to Mr Clarke was simply about values that once were common and no longer are.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by okok
The plot thickens.......

What? Lesley's missing car was found in Whitefish, MT?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

What's that old saying? Something like It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than it is to speak and demolish all doubt. Amen to that!

(Have had to apologize several times, and to thank others for correcting me, but never for NOT having said something regrettably deplorable.)

I'll add another Amen! Lot's of people here need to memorize this.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by carbon12
The plot thickens.......

laugh

I can't believe he still posts.
What a tool.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The plot thickens.......

Got some spit on my keyboard from that one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Read your PMs.

"Good enough" isn't.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
Kindly note I cast no accusations at anyone. I have no clue what really happened and not suggesting anything was wrong. My reply to Mr Clarke was simply about values that once were common and no longer are.

The only reason I posted at all is because so many here see nothing wrong with the situation My Rodriguez put himself in.It's just a terrible tragedy that should have been avoided.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Being born in upstate NY and living most of my life in the North I have no clue where my Southern ideas and manners came from. But like I said above, I have no clue what this was all about and have no right to judge. I am saddened by the damage done to the families involved.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
� many here still haven't discerned the often crucial distinction between a thought thought and a posted thought. �

One great benefit of the unposted thought is that you never have to
(a) admit that what you didn't say was wrong
(b) apologize for what you didn't say
or
(c) twist yourself all around like a rubber pretzel to find a way to insist that you were right by some far-fetched inane "reasoning."

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow. I live here, am familiar with the company and one of those involved, and am pretty shocked, at the level of speculation here. A shame ALL around, and a tragedy.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Honi soit qui mal y pense

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BufordBoone
As to drawing conclusions, I've known a lot of people that tend to believe others are like themselves.

Nailed it Buford.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by smokepole
As to drawing conclusions, I've known a lot of people that tend to believe others are like themselves.

Nailed it Buford.

+1 Did he ever

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by smokepole

Nailed it Buford.

+1 Did he ever

Yep,... We all seem to view the world from own perspective.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This killing is such a total shame, all the way around. Two families without husbands/fathers. There is no justification at all. None. Even if the there was infidelity, and that's a big if, the shooter still a murderer. I believe that most on the fire see it this way too. And they are right. There are others who think that the two of them should not have been together late at night, alone, drinking in a private residence without the husbands knowledge. And they are right too in my opinion. Where this group goes wrong is implying that this error in judgement somehow gives the husband good cause and in turn place some blame on the victims. Again, in my opinion, that's just plain wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The deaths and their undying effects are agonizingly tragic beyond expression or measure � no doubt about that.

Also � perhaps equally � deplorable is the manifest tendency (so blatantly displayed by so many here) for otherwise responsible people to dive so eagerly, readily, and obsessively into the sewer of derogatory assumptions on a mere allusion to a hat that probably doesn't even exist and therefore can not possibly be dropped.

And totally immune from any sign of remorse, regret, humility, shame, or embarrassment.

Boys, that there is tragedy!

� with many victims.

"Good enough" isn't.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
648 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.