Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sad news.

I usually look for Greg's comments in the cartridge column in Peterson's Hunting magazine. Just re-read his comments on the 240 Weatherby the other day.

Don't want to speculate one way or the other without more info, but thank God the shooter took the child to the relative's home.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, one thing seems pretty certain, and that is what the shooter THOUGHT was going on.

The "professional relationship" may have been completely innocent and just that. Then again, sometimes even the people closest to a wayward spouse (spouses, parents, children, closest friends) are not aware of what's going on, even with affairs that go on for years, so it wouldn't be a stretch that business acquaintences or casual friends also had no idea.

The other certainty here is the husband was a moron. Even if there was an affair, and he (Mr. Rodriguez) "made his own bed", only a complete idiot and loser ruins the life of his children, his own, as well as countless others over a wayward woman. If she's cheating, you be a man, and you move on. There are countless other good women out there, and seeing your kids every other weekend is a far cry better than never seeing them again and ruining them for life by bringing such violence into their lives.

An azz kicking may have been in order. Exposure and ruining his credibility may have been in order. No good is ever going to come out of killing someone over a chick that knows no loyalty or faithfulness (again, if that was the case here...apparently the husband believed so).

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There weren't very many who said Greg did anything evil, just that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Poor guy probably didn't have any warning as to how cuckoo the ex-husband was. frown

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One night when I was fifteen, my uncle Shep and his universally adored Mildred were going to the "picture show." When we were between the house and the car, two other uncles drove-up and snagged Shep to take him to their lodge meeting. Shep tossed the car keys to Mildred and told us to go ahead without him. So we did.

The next day, it was "all over town" that Mildred had left Shep and was "stepping out" with some new guy. Mildred's tinkling silvery laugh epitomized the response of everyone who knew us.

The operative phrase of course being "everyone who knew us."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There weren't very many who said Greg did anything evil, just that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This.

The shooter was a guy who clearly felt he was losing his wife to other men, even if it was just business. Might be that this new job would have given her the financial stake she needed to go ahead with a divorce.

In his head he wouldn't have to catch 'em any act, that would just be assumed, either present or in the future.

All here who knew him state Mr Rodriguez was an honorable man.

End of story as far as I am concerned.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BufordBoone

As to drawing conclusions, I've known a lot of people that tend to believe others are like themselves.

While I concur with that basic sentiment, the longer I live, the more often I make the statement "I would never have believed XXXX would have YYYYY".

It amazes me how many people will hurt those around them, knowingly and willingly, for some fleeting gratification.

Just because I don't take people at face value doesn't mean I'm not trustworthy.... It just means respect is still something that must be earned.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

This.

The shooter was a guy who clearly felt he was losing his wife to other men, even if it was just business. Might be that this new job would have given her the financial stake she needed to go ahead with a divorce.

In his head he wouldn't have to catch 'em any act, that would just be assumed, either present or in the future.

All here who knew him state Mr Rodriguez was an honorable man.

End of story as far as I am concerned.

Birdwatcher

Makes me wonder what ever happened to a good old fashion beating. This jealous husband didn't come across his wife and Greg R in bed together so why the extreme reaction. The guy was definitely a head case.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Why is everyone assuming he was a jealous husband?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Business relationship or not,it sounds like the shooter didn't think so.Shot the man and beat his wife before shooting himself.
Would you say that's a sane act?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Over on the Accurate Reloading site someone from that country with knowledge of the situation said that Greg had just flown in that afternoon on business and was visiting about business. It was also said that the "husband" was depressed and had stopped taking his meds.

Now who knows what the truth really is but again it would do us all well to quit speculating except to say that two men are dead, two women are without husbands, and 3 children are without dads.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RISJR
Why is everyone assuming he was a jealous husband?

Because the local paper here said so.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Let's see here. Married guy comes in from out of town on a "business trip", meets a married female "employee" and at 10:30 pm they are having a "business" meeting over a "glass of wine" in a private residence. Be honest guys. How many of you are married to a woman who would buy that story? Does the boss of this company that posted here think this is a proper business meeting? I feel sorry for the children that have been damaged by this foolish chain of events.

Last edited by M7300SAUM; 03/11/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who's to say that the same kook wouldn't've have done exactly the same thing at a sidewalk bus stop in broad daylight if that'd been when the notion struck 'im?

"Good enough" isn't.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
Let's see here. Married guy comes in from out of town on a "business trip", meets a married female "employee" and at 10:30 pm they are having a "business" meeting over a "glass of wine" in a private residence. Be honest guys. How many of you are married to a woman who would buy that story? Does the boss of this company that posted here think this is a proper business meeting? I feel sorry for the children that have been damaged by this foolish chain of events.

Thats what I said earlier in this thread. By the reaction I got you would think I had come out against apple pie, motherhood, the flag, and John Wayne.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And folks say women gossip! A doubt more than a handful of folks here even knew the victim in passing and yet everybody has an opinion..

Whatever happened, surely his wife and kids deserve a little more compassion from the very community the victim did so much to support?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Who's to say that the same kook wouldn't've have done exactly the same thing at a sidewalk bus stop in broad daylight if that'd been when the notion struck 'im?
I sat on a jury panel one time and will never forget what the presiding judge told the members of the jury. "Don't leave your good judgement at home". The whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test to me. If you want to believe that there was not something a little strange about this deal then you have a personal agenda. I have no agenda. I never heard of any of the players until I read this thread.

Last edited by M7300SAUM; 03/11/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've sat on a slew of juries and testified as a witness in a bunch of courts-martial and trials. One not-to-be-forgotten consideration is the crucial distinction between two drastically different meanings of the carelessly thrown-around word opinion.

Not whether I thought that the defendant should pay for the plaintiff's lost eye, for example, but what I thought that the presented evidence indicated. A moral opinion versus a legal or technical opinion, if you will.

Mountain of difference.

"Good enough" isn't.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've sat on a slew of juries and testified as a witness in a bunch of courts-martial and trials. One not-to-be-forgotten consideration is the crucial distinction between two drastically different meanings of the carelessly thrown-around word opinion.

Not whether I thought that the defendant should pay for the plaintiff's lost eye, for example, but what I thought that the presented evidence indicated. A moral opinion versus a legal or technical opinion, if you will.

Mountain of difference.

Good grief man. This is a social forum where opinions are the order of the day. What I believe to be true will have no bearing on any court case. All that I am saying is that we all go through life and our thoughts are formed by life experience and you of course are free to believe anything you wish, just as I am. Since none of the players are alive or inclined to admit to any indiscretions the truth is in the eye of public opinion. End of story. I notice that none have came forward to say that their spouse would buy the story that some wish were so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Mountain of difference.

� the truth is in the eye of public opinion. End of story. �

Not so.

The earth was round long before there was any public acceptance of the notion that it wasn't flat.

Facts are facts, impervious to opinions public or private.

"Good enough" isn't.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Mountain of difference.

� the truth is in the eye of public opinion. End of story. �

Not so.

The earth was round long before there was any public acceptance of the notion that it wasn't flat.

Facts are facts, impervious to opinions public or private.
I don't think this ranks that high but whatever blows your skirt up. Done

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
105 members (338reddog, 10gaugeman, 35, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,407 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.