Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
tack Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
+1 on the 6.5/284. A great all around gun for most US game and as far as most of us are capable of shooting. Stores here won't even take an order for one.

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Tack,
If you are referring to the new 1V in 6.5-284 for 2013, I will have a dozen of them.
ENU

El Numero Uno
a Serious Collector of the Ruger No.1 rifle;
a Modern Classic Sporting Arm
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by El_Numero_Uno
Tack,
If you are referring to the new 1V in 6.5-284 for 2013, I will have a dozen of them.
ENU
Since we're not dealing with magazine length limitations, I see no advantage to a 6.5x284 instead of a .256 Newton/6.5-06/6.5x64mm.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
C
ctw Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Tack,
ENU
Since we're not dealing with magazine length limitations, I see no advantage to a 6.5x284 instead of a .256 Newton/6.5-06/6.5x64mm.

Maybe factory ammo? Hard to believe you are a lefty.

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ctw
Tack,
ENU
And another point that went WAYYYYYY the f*ck over your head. Between a desire to stick a short action cartridge in a rifle with no magazine and building a rimfire No. 1, you're batting a thousand in the stupid idea department.

IC B2

tack Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
ENU, let's talk about it when you have one in hand.

Tack

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tack,

There is no last word with Bricktop. Unless his mother makes him go to bed.

1B

Last edited by 1B; 03/20/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1B
Tack,

I'll let you know after I figure out where the front is on these Depends.

1B
It's not a difficult concept: If you post something stupid, you invite scorn. And I'm happy to oblige that invitation.

Let me see if I can spell this out for your dumb ass:

A 6.5x284 has a certain appeal in a bolt action rifle because it can be chambered in a short action rifle, which -- as you are apparently unaware -- will be somewhat more compact than a long action rifle.

Are you with me so far, Homer?

And if the resulting rifle is more compact than, say, a 6.5-06 bolt action rifle with an identical barrel length, you can reasonably say you've gained a slight advantage in weight and length.

Savvy?

Chambering a 6.5x284 in a single shot like the No. 1 gains you what advantage? The action is the same damned length as anything with a full-length H&H case.

But I suppose it has that sort of appeal you get from wearing a dark suit: you get to piss on yourself in public without anyone else knowing.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
See.

1B

Last edited by 1B; 03/20/13.
AJD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BT - Thanks for the "Tip", I need to hurry on down and get my 22 hornet rechambered to something like a 22-375H&H or some such!

AJD

There is no accounting for taste.

Experience is a great thing as long as one survives it.

Generally, there ain't a lot that separates the two however,
Barely making it is a whole lot more satisfying than barely not making it.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AJD
BT - Thanks for the "Tip", I need to hurry on down and get my 22 hornet rechambered to something like a 22-375H&H or some such!

AJD
And I can see Ruger has figured out exactly what the interest is something like that, too. The .22 Hornet is the hottest seller in the No. 1. Dumbass.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by AJD

AJD
And I can see Ruger has figured out exactly what the interest is something like that, too. The .22 Hornet is the hottest seller in the No. 1. Dumbass.

You tell them lover. Daddy has your back. By Brickybaby is the toughest talking sissy on the net.

tack Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I could be persuaded to beleive that if you shortened the cartridge yet maintained the same internal ballistics you could expect a slight improvement in the external ballistics due to increased bore capacity. :-)

AJD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tack,
ENU

Originally Posted by ctw
Tack,
ENU
And another point that went WAYYYYYY the f*ck over your head. Between a desire to stick a short action cartridge in a rifle with no magazine and building a rimfire No. 1, you're batting a thousand in the stupid idea department.

I do find it interesting that someone who on this forum has professed to own a 220 swift, 6.5x55, and a 250 Savage in falling block rifles would post the above. Figure that one out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AJD
I do find it interesting that someone who on this forum has professed to own a 220 swift, 6.5x55, and a 250 Savage in falling block rifles would post the above. Figure that one out.
I don't own any f*cking rifles in "250 Savage," you ignorant jackass, but I do own a few in .250-3000 Savage. In fact, I don't own any single shots in .250-3000. Not a one. While you're busy trying to criticize me on some half-assed, horseshit "point," you'd do well to pull your head out of your ass before making that attempt.

There aren't any left-handed factory rifles in .220 Swift and a Ruger No. 1 is a hell of a lot easier on the pocketbook than even a simple custom left-handed rifle in that caliber. And your "point" on that was what, exactly? Again, you really need to pull your head out of your ass before attempting any criticism.

And with respect to the 6.5x55mm, I believe it's a long action caliber, is it not? (You should nod your head if you can read and understand that.) And a single shot in that caliber would allow a certain theoretical amount of flexibility with regard to not having a magazine to deal with and allowing me to seat 160-grain round nosed slugs as far out as I need to vice the maximum length a fixed magazine will allow, would it not? (It would be appropriate for you to nod at this juncture as well.)

You shouldn't waste your time or anyone else's -- especially mine -- with any of your horseshit criticisms when you can't pull together any basic facts or string together any sort of logic to shore up your "argument." You're f*cking weak and laughable. At best.

AJD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tack,
ENU

My mistake on the 250-3000, I guess your #1 .25cal is a .257 Roberts. Although you posted about your 250-3000 on a post in the single shot forum. Anyhow, none of your choices are on the 06 case.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AJD
Tack,
ENU
My mistake on the 250-3000, I guess your #1 .25cal is a .257 Roberts. Although you posted about your 250-3000 on a post in the single shot forum. Anyhow, none of your choices are on the 06 case.
None of what "choices?"

And the last I remembered, the .257 Roberts was stuck in the purgatory of "it's a short action/it's a long action" and a single shot pretty well removes that argument from the equation.

Even if I were right-handed, I'd still own a bunch of No. 1s just to give me an in to irritate you ladies and your hen party.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by AJD
Tack,
ENU
None of what "choices?"

And the last I remembered, the .257 Roberts was stuck in the purgatory of "it's a short action/it's a long action" and a single shot pretty well removes that argument from the equation.

Even if I were right-handed, I'd still own a bunch of No. 1s just to give me an in to irritate you ladies and your hen party.

You tell em lover. My girl knows his No. 1's!

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BT,

You need no "in" to be irritating. It is built into your displays of self-hate.

1B

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,988 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.