24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Can't we stop the Random Knife Violence...for the children..?

crazy

[color:#3333FF]Link....![/color][/b]

[b]PITTSBURGH �Authorities say four people have been stabbed inside a Target store in Pittsburgh, including a 16-year-old girl who is in critical condition.

Officers were called to the store in the East Liberty section of the city shortly after 5:30 p.m. Monday. Police say a suspect was arrested at the scene.

A hospital official says the teenage girl was taken to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in critical condition.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that other injuries were described as moderate to minor, and a police officer was treated for exposure to pepper spray.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here comes Bloomberg now with $12 million dollars to advertise for knife control.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why would anyone be against common sense restrictions to turn in all their kitchen knives? It's FOR THE CHILDREN!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't laugh, its the next logical step after the guns. Look to the UK:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4581871.stm

Stush
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The stabber didn't turn his knife on himself before police arrived?

Pity.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Must have been one of those "semi-auto Assault Knifes" cool

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
from the article you linked to:

"The study found links between easy access to domestic knives and violent assault are long established."

Perhaps we only need to have "wild knives" around then? wink Or perhaps we should have "safe storage" laws for knives now, like Cali does for firearms? (DOJ approved kitchen knife lockboxes) The study did find a link between "easy access" and violent assualt. Maybe the "access" is the real issue.

To be sure, one doesn't need to have all those knives around one's house. Indeed, one can get their vegetables and meat pre-cut in the grocery stores nowadays. Garlic and onion is also available in jars or dried and powdered (added benefit, no more crying while cutting onion). Lettuce should be torn, not cut, as cutting makes for browning on the edges. Heck, the modern family hardly even eats home cooked food anymore, why do they need knives for cooking/eating? If one should desire a steak/prime rib or such, go to a restaurant and perhaps we could have a knife check out system where one could get a knife for the duration of the meal (assuming one passes the background check). Better yet, the server could cut your steak for you, then there's no danger of an "untrained" person accidently cutting themselves.

String/packaging twine could be purchased in pre-cut lengths and used as needed. Fingernails could be cleaned with the little goody on the nail clippers (who needs a knife for that, really?).

Of course, the article did mention those who have a genuine "need" for a knife, like fishermen and such. Those folks could have knives issued to them but would have to leave them locked up at work (remember, "access to domestic knives" is a problem, we wouldn't want little Mary or Johny getting the knife out of one's work clothes, now would we).

Knife makers/retailers should have to put up a large bond in the event all these methods fail and someone should use a knife in an anti-social way. They have been profitting off society for along time now, right. (down with the death merchants!)

ANd let's not forget zero tolerance in our schools. Children who draw pictures of knives (or heaven forbid, SWORDS!) will be severely disciplined. No folding/rolling of paper into sharp objects either.

After all, if it'll save one person. Think of the children!

Next, we come after baseball bats, hockey sticks, and other "sporting" equipment. And boots too, they can seriously hurt a fellow human being when used in a violent manner (brought to you by the National Campaign for soft shoes for everyone).

I think the real solution is more folks like the (armed) vet in Wisconsin that stopped the guy from beating on that woman.

Geno (daily knife carrier since age 12)

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

The stabber didn't turn his knife on himself before police arrived?

Pity.
If I had to live in Schittsburg, I'd sure want to stab my self! Multiple times!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stush

Yep, and here's the answer to the problem.

[Linked Image]

Hmmm, if this really works, maybe we can just go to roundnose bullets in an effort to be "safer". crazy

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Julie Childs - a danger to all humanity

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
If the Brits allowed pistols and carry, I would bet some of the young-uns running around stabbing folks would think twice.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A little while back I was in the Dallas FEMA HQ building where NO knives are allowed. If there is a birthday cake to be cut, the knife has to be left with Security and they bring it up when the cake is to be cut, they stand by while it is cut, and take it back to the security office once the cake cutting is finished. I had to park off property because weapons of any sort are prohibited on their property, even my pocketknife.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[bleep] with me and i will cut you up with my finger nail clippers .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Julie Childs - a danger to all humanity

[Linked Image]

laugh

Absolutely PERFECT!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7tnc9_the-french-chef_fun#.UVLtUFdc0mQ

One of the best SNL skits EVER!

Shades of Monty Python.
I laughed until I cried.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The government usually uses fire and burns down the buildings with people in them.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stush

Same occurred to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Why would anyone be against common sense restrictions to turn in all their kitchen knives? It's FOR THE CHILDREN!

exactly! Why do kitchen knives have to be so big? No one needs a Chef's knife more than 6 inchs long. Why do they have to be so sharp? WE all know that high power, ultra sharp knives are only good for killing. Geez!!!

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Nobody needs a pointy knife.
They should only be available to law enforcement and military personnel! sick

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Were I the go out and massacre type I'd choose a nice long screwdriver over a knife.

Once guns and knives are gone or rendered useless they'll probably be next.

Great big blunt plastic bastards with orange tips, everything will have to be manufactured and assembled with great big Fischer Price screws.

Someone just needs to go baby seal these idiots and be done with it.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There has to be a good solution to knife violence. Let's take a page from Bloomberg's sugared drink law and limit the blade length of knives to, say, 3 inches.

On second thought, we can take a page from Cuomo's magazine ban where he now wants to prohibit people from putting more than 7 rounds in a 10-round magazine.

I'm sure no politician really wants to ban knives, so in the spirit of Gov. Cuomo, let's mandate that no attacker can stick his knife blade more than 2� inches into someone.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (11point, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 92 invisible), 2,750 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.