http://www.mylife.com/c-13011481135

tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
someone ripped me off on a different site, non- shooting/hunting realted, where "trust" and ones word was valued (much like here).

No paypal, non binding contact, etc. No recourse at all.

I went the route you and the 24hcf guys are starting to go on this thread. I contacted parents, siblings, and called the church that his mother belonged to.

I was in the process of looking for his employer when the merchandise (along with a ridiculous story) suddenly appeared.

POINT BEING if the authorities do not take up the case, you can be very creative within the boundaries of the law.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ask the BATAFE for help. That should get his attention.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I haven't dealt with this exact situation but one where someone thought bc it was on the internet they were anonymous and could make threats about bodily harm, physical violence, etc. I ended up doing an DNS look up and was able to figure out where he lived and more importantly where he worked and that he made some of the threats from his work pc. When that was mentioned and that we would be sending a letter to his employer along with copies of the threats all of a sudden he disappeared.

Now in your case, since you've found where he lives via FB, google+ I suggest you let him know and that you will be contacting his friends, family, employer (if you can find one) as a starting point. It's been my experience from reading many of these types of stories over the years that most law enforcement agencies don't care or don't have the time to put into something like this which is very unfortunate as it only promotes this behavior.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
ROVELL RANGEL FROM VICTORIA TEXAS IS A THIEF.

This should look good on future google searches laugh

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Rovell Rangel? You gotta be kidding me? Please tell me that somebody didn't really try to buy something from someone named Rovell Rangel! Danger, Will Robertson, danger! That's like trying to cash a check from John Doe, 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA.

Sounds like my friend who constantly gets taken by scam artists. He just called me asking for advice about a consignment gun sale deal he made. Didn't have a signed contract, written documentation of the agreed sale price, terms of the sale, or anything else. Now he hasn't received the full price. What to do, what to do?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We have a gal that works for us that might have some info. I"ll print up the data and go by her office....and let you know.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slg888

time to run some ads in the local paper/s...nice and big letters....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
pm sent

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tag-I like to come back and read how these turn out.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Originally Posted by slg888

time to run some ads in the local paper/s...nice and big letters....

Don't believe he was even born in this country.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
B
I was doing a little more research on my recent loss of 486 dollars and happened to come across this forum during a Google search so I figured it would be a good idea to join so that I could explain my situation.
The jackass known as Itemnine was the username, the name and address from gunbroker are the same as previously stated in other posts.
I was ripped off about 4 weeks ago for 500 rounds of 308 ammunition and I have come to find out that it's a case of stolen identity.
rovell rangell no longer resides at that address, email address associated with gunbroker was fake and so are the Google accounts and facebook accounts which are now down.
I paid for an online background check and found the hotmail address listed in a previous post and also the phone number which turned out to be the correct contact information.
After searching for nearly 4 weeks we have found out that the perp in question is Glenn Crisp also of Victoria.
Seems as though he has resided at that exact same address before and could quite ppossibly be returning to go through the mail to find gunbroker payments that he has arranged for(felony offense).
I've bookmarked this page so that I may return with any new info I gather.
I have notified the authorities in Victoria and when I last spoke to them on Friday they were still trying to contact Glenn crisp for questioning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
interesting - makes for a bad day for Rovell Rangel, assuming Rovell Rangel isn't trying to throw people off the trail by throwing Glenn Crisp under the bus.

There is a Glenn Crisp that lives on Hackamore Ln in Victoria

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who have y'all been making the checks out to?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

T
T
any updates on this, i was scammed on another auction site by same guy. trying to decide best way to pursue.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Someone should tell bluedrueax that this guy said m&ps suck and blue heelers are sissy dogs. I bet Blue would go visit him

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Actually the Rovell Rangle Face Book page is still up. I looked at my messaging history and I sent him a message April 9th about a thread very similar to this one. He did not reply.

Originally Posted By: P_Weed

I never met a gun I didn't like.

SEdge,

I have an AMT Hardballer I can fix you up with.
B
B
I was refunded on Monday of this week via cashiers check... strange, but I can't complain now that I got my money back.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (12344mag, 300jimmy, 2UP, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 22 invisible), 1,850 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,277
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.